SportsWrath

You know who would be a great fit to put opposite Odell?

Gman329

Giants are unlikely to financially go where Alshon or B-Marsh would take them. Draft a guy, and sign a guy. A guy like Floyd would be a stop-gap for whoever we draft, and would be had for around the $5 mil range. He doesn't have to be the "man" here, but he would help OBJ as long as he doesn't get hurt. I would prefer a Brandon Marshall, sure, but you can't have a team full of players making north of $10 mil per.

I don't know about that. 31 catches on 67 targets this year. Cardinals expected big things when they signed the guy and he's been a huge disappointment. Yes, he's got all the measurables but the production has never lived up to potential. Sounds like he's their Rueben Randle!

He just got cheaper!

Michael Floyd of the Arizona Cardinals has been arrested on a DUI charge after falling asleep at the wheel, according to Arizona Sports.com.

Giants are unlikely to financially go where Alshon or B-Marsh would take them. Draft a guy, and sign a guy. A guy like Floyd would be a stop-gap for whoever we draft, and would be had for around the $5 mil range. He doesn't have to be the "man" here, but he would help OBJ as long as he doesn't get hurt. I would prefer a Brandon Marshall, sure, but you can't have a team full of players making north of $10 mil per.

Fair point. But under the right circumstances - you've got the cap space and you think this is a move that could put you over the top - it could happen.

I don't want Marshall, but I highly doubt some other teams give him a contract at or north of $10 million per year.

Jeffrey MAY not even get that either, given his injuries plus PEDs.

I agree with the premise of cutting Cruz and bringing in someone else, particularly because Cruz's cap number is something like 9 million next year, and he's not really producing at the level.

• 2 months later...

Now that the Jets have released him, time to dust this thread off! He was only making $7.5M this year and he's never been in the playoffs - mostly train wrecks and circuses. I think he'd be amenable to a cap friendly deal to join a likely playoff team and class organization, without having to uproot his family. Go get him!

Now that the Jets have released him, time to dust this thread off! He was only making $7.5M this year and he's never been in the playoffs - mostly train wrecks and circuses. I think he'd be amenable to a cap friendly deal to join a likely playoff team and class organization, without having to uproot his family. Go get him!

On those teams that were circuses, he was the featured attraction. When those teams turned into train wrecks, he was quick to point a finger elsewhere. Now he has grown up some and I still question his commitment to football at this point in his career. Brandon Marshall could be a good two year fix. Personally I'd rather get a player that fixes the team for five years at another position.

I think he's grown a lot. He came to grips with his mental and emotional problems and got the help he needed....and he talked about it openly. I respected that a great deal. I also think last year's Jet locker room was a disaster, with malcontents and guys who checked out when things went bad. Marshall tried to show fight and leadership and it blew up in his face. My guess is, he'd be fine in the Giant environment. And with a cap friendly deal, you could still address other needs. Fair point that he's probably a two year solution but then again, that's about what we're counting on for Eli, too, right? Yes, we must upgrade the OL, so Eli can throw without somebody in his grill all the time but Brandon Marshall would give Eli and the passing game a huge, dare I even say dramatic, upgrade.

He was battling injuries......and the QB might have had the same name & number but he sure wasn't the same guy as the year before.

Ralph V is thinking along the same lines: https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/marshall-to-giants-could-be-big-win-for-both-sides/217808800

I like the part where he said he'd play for free. I think the Giants can at the least, match what he would have been making with the Jets.

I like the part where he said he'd play for free. I think the Giants can at the least, match what he would have been making with the Jets.

They can but 7.5 might be a bit much considering our cap situation and other needs

My love for Marshall is widely known but I think he has reached the age of diminishing returns. At half that price tag, definitely worth a go. He wants NY or LA to position his post football career. Eli needs a tall receiver with skills.

Yeah, let's use our remaining cap on a WR and not OL....that way, they'll look real good as Eli throws those 5 yard routes to Marshall or Jeffrey just after our 1 yard shotgun draw plays, and just before the inevitable 3rd down holding penalty/sack/or Eli throwing the ball away under heavy pressure.

Yeah, let's use our remaining cap on a WR and not OL....that way, they'll look real good as Eli throws those 5 yard routes to Marshall or Jeffrey just after our 1 yard shotgun draw plays, and just before the inevitable 3rd down holding penalty/sack/or Eli throwing the ball away under heavy pressure.

glass half full guy ^