SportsWrath

EMB Breaking With Recent Moves!

carl 1010

I couldn't get on there for hours last night. They don't seem too happy in the City of Brotherly Love!

Why not? I thought they'd be very happy with what their team has done so far in FA.

I know a lot of fans are freaking out... but over the years, it has been demonstrated that fans generally don't know shit. I'm a fan, too, but I do have a different opinion. Anything can happen as we know, the great unknown is how injuries can derail the best laid plans... sure bit us where the sun don't shine last year. But look at what Chip Kelly has done with the Eagles' defense...

They bring back Brandon Graham to team with Connor Barwin as dangerous pass rushing linebackers, to team with stalwarts Fletcher Cox and Vinny Curry. Then they add tackling machine Kiko Alonso at MLB, and bolster the secondary with Byron Maxwell and Walter Thurmond III. Already, they, too me, have the best defensive unit in the NFC East as we sit here in March. That's at least 5 legitimate Pro Bowl caliber players on that defense. Unheard of. If Kelly slows the offense down during the game, to keep that defense fresh, they can be near the top of the NFL. If not, they will still make a lot of plays.

So much is made of the jettison of McCoy, the defection of Maclin, and the trade for Bradford. To me, Maclin hurts the most, but if Jordan Matthews continues to develop, then they already have a big piece of the puzzle right there. And don't forget the inside targets of Celek and Zach Ertz. McCoy is a fantastic player, but the combo of Chris Polk and Darren Sproles will be an effective one-two punch, and I also expect the Eagles to draft a running back high... maybe targeting one of the big three of Gurley, Gordon, or Abdullah. With the trade for Bradford, I don't see them going for Mariota unless they flip Bradford to another QB hungry team (which could be the plan).

I think this team is going to be miserable to play against, but I'm hopeful that the Giants' offensive line will be strong enough to neutralize the pass rush which will help a lot, of course, neutralizing their playmakers on defense.

Heard on the radio this morning about having Sam Bradford and how that may encourage Murray given they were college roommates or something. Then there was mention about having Bradford as trade bait AFTER Murray signs. If that happens, and I'm Murray...pissed wouldn't even begin to describe how I'd feel. Promise me my college roommate to get me to sign and then send him packing...

As a Giants fan, I would love to see that happen.

Heard on the radio this morning about having Sam Bradford and how that may encourage Murray given they were college roommates or something. Then there was mention about having Bradford as trade bait AFTER Murray signs. If that happens, and I'm Murray...pissed wouldn't even begin to describe how I'd feel. Promise me my college roommate to get me to sign and then send him packing...

As a Giants fan, I would love to see that happen.

Idk bro... signing with a team to reunite with a college roommate sounds a bit... :supergay:

I'm puzzled because the Eagles already had a great RB who knew the system and preformed very well... they shipped him to Buffalo... not sure what they got for him... Now either the Eagles are running up the price for Jerry Jones, or i don't know..

I'm puzzled because the Eagles already had a great RB who knew the system and preformed very well... they shipped him to Buffalo... not sure what they got for him... Now either the Eagles are running up the price for Jerry Jones, or i don't know..

Eagles unloaded McCoy for a stud LB in Kiko Alonzo. A salary cap dump was included there...so Eagles may benefit in the long run.

The puzzling piece is signing Ryan Matthews and then going after Murray...while having Sproles as well. The QB trade was every bit as questionable.

Eagles unloaded McCoy for a stud LB in Kiko Alonzo. A salary cap dump was included there...so Eagles may benefit in the long run.

The puzzling piece is signing Ryan Matthews and then going after Murray...while having Sproles as well. The QB trade was every bit as questionable.

Kelly said that they looked at the trade as McCoy for Kiko Alonzo AND Byron Maxwell, who they were able to get with the cap savings. And I'd agree with him, I would do that deal 10 times out of 10 without blinking.

Ryan Mathews is probably going to back out of the deal with the Eagles if Murray signs. Mathews has not signed anything yet, and he basically would've have much of a role in that offense if Murray isthere. It's going to be a lot of Murray and Sproles, primarily. So look for Mathews to land somewhere else, as he's backing out of the deal.

Strange week, first the Eagles had Frank Gore, then they didn't, then they had Ryan Mathews, then they didn't, now reports are they are getting DeMarco Murray, and I hope that one falls apart.

Kelly said that they looked at the trade as McCoy for Kiko Alonzo AND Byron Maxwell, who they were able to get with the cap savings. And I'd agree with him, I would do that deal 10 times out of 10 without blinking.

Eagles had the cap room for Maxwell beforehand if I'm not mistaken. I think you CAN view it that way...but I am not fully in belief that that was the primary reasoning behind the trade.

Ryan Mathews is probably going to back out of the deal with the Eagles if Murray signs. Mathews has not signed anything yet, and he basically would've have much of a role in that offense if Murray isthere. It's going to be a lot of Murray and Sproles, primarily. So look for Mathews to land somewhere else, as he's backing out of the deal.

Strange week, first the Eagles had Frank Gore, then they didn't, then they had Ryan Mathews, then they didn't, now reports are they are getting DeMarco Murray, and I hope that one falls apart.

Didn't realize Mathews hadn't signed. That's a good point.