SportsWrath

Giants Jets gamethread

Herc

So he shouldn't of blatantly grabbed his arm, he could of literally made a fist and kept running along with him

It's his mistake and he was penalized for it, which is what penalties are for lol

Thats the way the position has been coached and played for decades. That has never been PI until its slowed down and the split second he pulled his arm down turns into 3 seconds of it in slow mo. It didnt affect the potential for a catch.

Thats the way the position has been coached and played for decades. That has never been PI until its slowed down and the split second he pulled his arm down turns into 3 seconds of it in slow mo. It didnt affect the potential for a catch.

He didnt pull his arm down, he never had a chance because it was held down lol

Atleast on the pick he wasnt holding the WRs arm down for 5 steps lol

And I'd like to know where it's coached to "hold the WRs arm down when the pass is coming your way and you wont be penalized for it"

He didnt pull his arm down, he never had a chance because it was held down lol

Atleast on the pick he wasnt holding the thing down for 5 steps lol

And I'd like to know where it's coached to "hold the WRs arm down when the pass is coming your way and you wont be penalized for it"

Youre being disingenuous. Youve watched football for as long, probably longer than me. That exact approach to covering a receiver one on one down the field happens 20 times a game.

Probably by every hall of fame CB... just have the hold happen where the ref cant see it. Carl Banks literally just said that

if the official can't see you, hold the shit out of him. oh it's coached.

There's a difference between hand checking and using your forearm to block a WR from getting his hands up, and literally holding a guys wrist and pulling into your own waist lol

I'm sorry it's a penalty any way you look at it, it's clear PI, just because "Now the refs can see it" doesn't mean it shouldn't be called or used. Just means defenders shouldn't commit such blatant calls.

Probably by every hall of fame CB... just have the hold happen where the ref cant see it. Carl Banks literally just said that

Well I guess all those HoF CBs are trash who never knew how to play the position and had to commit penalties to be good lol

Or you know they were good because they knew how to out physical a WR without having to literally hold an appendage down...... and also that's what she said.

Dude, both the receivers and cornerbacks have been slapping hands down and using their forearms to keep the opponent from raising their own arms for decades. Thats what hand fighting is. You want to beat that, power through and go up for the ball like most starting receivers do.

There's a difference between hand checking and using your forearm to block a WR from getting his hands up, and literally holding a guys wrist and pulling into your own waist lol

I'm sorry it's a penalty any way you look at it, it's clear PI, just because "Now the refs can see it" doesn't mean it shouldn't be called or used. Just means defenders shouldn't commit such blatant calls.

oh its definitely a penalty... if they see you.

BJ Goodson is way down the depth chart.... oh, lol, now they're talking about it.

Yeah Goodson has really fallen.

I mean everything I've read the guy knows football, guess he just doesn't have the speed/strength to run with the big boys.

Shame too, I was hoping he would develop into a starter.

Yeah Goodson has really fallen.

I mean everything I've read the guy knows football, guess he just doesn't have the speed/strength to run with the big boys.

Shame too, I was hoping he would develop into a starter.

He has had one great game since being drafted

Kinda surprised about how much time the other teams got to play, hope the rain delay was the reason. First team has a lot of work ahead of them to get better.

Id like to see more Rod Smith and less Paul Perkins