SportsWrath

Giants sign Golden Tate

Herc

Guy had more yards after the catch in screen plays then any receiver in the league last year. Im surprised to see Philly letting him go. He played well for them.

Took me a day to get over the Odell thing, but really the guy was a POS who openly expressed that he didnt want to be a giant. F him. Im glad hes gone.

I said it then and I'll say it now - Tate is a damn good football player.

Wish we had him when he was 24 rather than 30, but still... I'll take it.

Still need a deep threat though.

Is it Corey Coleman?

no, I think it was blondgreed.

I said it then and I'll say it now - Tate is a damn good football player.

Wish we had him when he was 24 rather than 30, but still... I'll take it.

Still need a deep threat though.

Is it Corey Coleman?

If Shurmur is trying to model this team after the Vikings they are fine with just having a bunch of quick possession guys while relying on the run game to chunk the clock and the yards.

Although.

Kind of a weird move.

You sign a guy who is going to make an impact and help win games, and give him a guaranteed money.

Yet turn around and trade away players and go into full rebuild mode.

I don't fucking know what Getty is doing lol

Drafting a runnning back 2 overall isnt a full rebuild move either. I think he thinks hes retooling while getting rid of bad contracts

:yawn:

We can laugh at the Giants signing a possession receiver who gets first downs but then again, we did have problems with guys not catching the ball or getting the first down. Yeah Tate won't stretch the field but having another dependable receiver outside of Sterling Shepard is a solid decision. It is obvious to me the Giants are going to have to stretch the field with Evan Engram this season with Beckham gone and Engram did that job well late in the season.

Come 2020, Giants will have close to $100 million in cap space.

If Shurmur is trying to model this team after the Vikings they are fine with just having a bunch of quick possession guys while relying on the run game to chunk the clock and the yards.

True. And on top of that, Tate and Shepard are one hell of a run blocking WR group. I fucking love that. Best we've had since Toomer and Burress, imo.

I saw Tate pulling a disappearing act most of the time in the Eagles games I saw. Maybe Im missing something

I don't recall seeing him do much with the Eagles either, but I've seen a lot of him before that. I think you'll be happy so long as his body holds up.

OBJ is gonna make the Browns win the AFC North.....thats the sad part. We will sit and watch our guy do great things for another team.

I know most of us are not very happy... but Id have to believe the FO debated this trade quite intensely... the team isnt where it needs to be and having a highly paid super star like ODB probably didnt make sense for a team trying to rebuild... I know everyone is singing the Browns paraises right now and rightfully so.... games has to be played though.

I know most of us are not very happy... but Id have to believe the FO debated this trade quite intensely... the team isnt where it needs to be and having a highly paid super star like ODB probably didnt make sense for a team trying to rebuild... I know everyone is singing the Browns paraises right now and rightfully so.... games has to be played though.

I think it had more to do with that interview where he basically said he didnt want to be in NY, and was throwing everyone under the bus.

I'll try to find the stat but according to NFL network Eli hold the record for worst QB accuracy when passing to wide open WRs or ones with at least 3 to 5 yards of separation, something like only hitting 40% of them.

Makes you appreciate guys like Plax, Nicks, OBJ even more having to haul in shit passes from Eli.

I'll try to find the stat but according to NFL network Eli hold the record for worst QB accuracy when passing to wide open WRs or ones with at least 3 to 5 yards of separation, something like only hitting 40% of them.

Makes you appreciate guys like Plax, Nicks, OBJ even more having to haul in shit passes from Eli.

The man has one year left... Eli has been an interesting player to say the least... one game he's lights out and the next he throws 4 INTs with 2 of them being pick 6s. I appreciate Eli more than I appreciate any of the characters you mentioned above...

The man has one year left... Eli has been an interesting player to say the least... one game he's lights out and the next he throws 4 INTs with 2 of them being pick 6s. I appreciate Eli more than I appreciate any of the characters you mentioned above...

I'm not trashing the guy he's always been an inaccurate passer.

But makes you think if we never really had WRs of their caliber if Eli would still be the type of QB he was.

I'm not trashing the guy he's always been an inaccurate passer.

But makes you think if we never really had WRs of their caliber if Eli would still be the type of QB he was.

It's a bit more complex I would think... there were times when it was the D who coudln't stop anyone... putting pressure on the O... there were times when the OL was atrocious etc... Yea I'm aware.. .Eli has caused me more heartburn than I care to admit... but on the flip side, he's been an outstanding team player and a class act.

I'd like to see that.

I've never thought Eli was an accurate passer, but it is kind of curious that every receiver Eli's played with had their best statistical season in New York, with inaccurate Eli throwing to them. Plenty of mitigating circumstances around that of course.

I don't think its always so cut and dried on the accuracy question as well. An example from way back, I always noted a stark difference in Eli's accuracy when he was throwing to Toomer vs. Burress, or worse still, Shockey. He looked like crap throwing to Shockey.... then he turns to Toomer, and the throw was consistently on the money.

Another example, I was checking out some Rosen breakdowns, and the guy who put together the video was going on and on, look at this bad pass, look at that bad pass.... and in most cases, I think he was getting it wrong.... often I saw a good throw to a receiver who just didn't come back to the ball, or was trying to turn up field before the pass arrived, or some other sloppy crap that to my eyes is not the QB's fault. And it really brought to mind those first few years of Eli's career, with Shockey screwing up the mental part of the game, then throwing up his hands in frustration as if it was somebody else's fault.

I'd like to see that.

I've never thought Eli was an accurate passer, but it is kind of curious that every receiver Eli's played with had their best statistical season in New York, with inaccurate Eli throwing to them. Plenty of mitigating circumstances around that of course.

I don't think its always so cut and dried on the accuracy question as well. An example from way back, I always noted a stark difference in Eli's accuracy when he was throwing to Toomer vs. Burress, or worse still, Shockey. He looked like crap throwing to Shockey.... then he turns to Toomer, and the throw was consistently on the money.

Another example, I was checking out some Rosen breakdowns, and the guy who put together the video was going on and on, look at this bad pass, look at that bad pass.... and in most cases, I think he was getting it wrong.... often I saw a good throw to a receiver who just didn't come back to the ball, or was trying to turn up field before the pass arrived, or some other sloppy crap that to my eyes is not the QB's fault. And it really brought to mind those first few years of Eli's career, with Shockey screwing up the mental part of the game, then throwing up his hands in frustration as if it was somebody else's fault.

Agreed....Shockey was bag of hammers coming off the line .....Toomer was a machine...a true old school route runner ...QB's throw to spots...not people.

Tate is a very good route runner....so are both Hogan and Nelson (Dizz is right on either being a very good pick up). With Eli losing a good deal of his zip....people being where they are suppose to be is very important.

C. Wagon