SportsWrath

Worst FA Acquisition??

hlb37

Granted it is only pre - season but after 3 weeks who do you think has performed the worst:

Jonathan Stewart -- 10 carries / -5 yards / 1 fumble lost

Alec Ogletree -- Hell bent on continuing our recent trend of getting torched by TEs

Patrick Omameh -- Can't pronounce the last name but suspect it rhymes with "0 Lay" (sp? couldn't make the accent e )

thoughts??

Stewart because hes the first one we used our very limited cap room on when free agency opened. Even if they didnt know they were drafting Barkley yet I wouldve rather brought back darkwa and went with him and gallman than a washed up rb.

Granted it is only pre - season but after 3 weeks who do you think has performed the worst:

Alec Ogletree -- Hell bent on continuing our recent trend of getting torched by TEs

Patrick Omameh -- Can't pronounce the last name but suspect it rhymes with "0 Lay" (sp? couldn't make the accent e )

thoughts??

Stewart by far, since we need the cap room and cant get rid of him. Gallman should be the #2 guy with Martin as the 3rd RB.

Ogletree was never a cover LB, he was a tackle machine who could get after the QB, everyone knew his weakness was in coverage.

Omameh is getting shit on and I still don't see why, I think Hernendez and Flowers have been bigger disappointments so far....if Flowers could still disappoint people.

If we have to make that decision based on the preseason so far it would have to be Jonathan Stewart. Once again I understand the need for a veteran RB and the reason for the signing. Darkwa has never been the answer nor does he bring leadership and the experience. Signing Jonathan Stewart in the first hours of free agency felt like Gettleman was paying him for the player he was with the Panthers. In the perfect season scenario, Stewart stays on the bench while Barkley goes on a tear not seen in over 30 years.

A tackling LB that can't cover is better than what we are used to, guys who can't cover and out of position to make the tackle. Omameh is an upgrade over Jerry based entirely on the preseason.

Martin should be on here over Ogletree. He's probably the 5th best pass rusher on the Giants and for some reason got guaranteed money. Ogletree is a thumper not a coverage LB Collins will be more of a in box safety and take care of those coverage issues

Martin should be on here over Ogletree. He's probably the 5th best pass rusher on the Giants and for some reason got guaranteed money. Ogletree is a thumper not a coverage LB Collins will be more of a in box safety and take care of those coverage issues

Martin?

Next to Vernon he's been the best defensive player by far this pre season.

He's played in a Bettcher system before and it really shows.

Martin?

Next to Vernon he's been the best defensive player by far this pre season.

He's played in a Bettcher system before and it really shows.

He's looked meh. He has 1 tackle through three games, Moss, Wynn, Carter have all looked better

Stewart based on overall performance (I read this morning he's actually 10 rushes for -9 yards) but I'm more concerned with Omameh. If Stewart sucks it's not that big a deal since he's likely 3rd on the depth chart anyway... Omameh is penciled in at RG and he doesn't appear to be any good at either run or pass blocking.

Stewart by far, since we need the cap room and cant get rid of him. Gallman should be the #2 guy with Martin as the 3rd RB.

Ogletree was never a cover LB, he was a tackle machine who could get after the QB, everyone knew his weakness was in coverage.

Omameh is getting shit on and I still don't see why, I think Hernendez and Flowers have been bigger disappointments so far....if Flowers could still disappoint people.

Where do you get Hernandez being a disappointment? Dude is a rookie and has had solid play so far... Steward is the one that didn't make sense... age is always a factor in the NFL.... Omemah doesn't bother me as much because we brought someone who was as bad as the guy we let go... not worse.

Where do you get Hernandez being a disappointment? Dude is a rookie and has had solid play so far... Steward is the one that didn't make sense... age is always a factor in the NFL.... Omemah doesn't bother me as much because we brought someone who was as bad as the guy we let go... not worse.

That's the thing with Stewart is no one really was going to knock down the door for him and he was an early pick up that they gave guarenteed money to

thoughts??

accents are tough to make

Stewart because hes the first one we used our very limited cap room on when free agency opened. Even if they didnt know they were drafting Barkley yet I wouldve rather brought back darkwa and went with him and gallman than a washed up rb.

Definitely. Johnathan Stewart was a terrible FA pickup from the start and everyone knew it.