SportsWrath

Eagles trade for Howard from the Bears.

BlueInCanada

The Chicago Bears finally moved Jordan Howard.

Chicago shipped the running back to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for a 2020 sixth-round pick on Thursday night, the Eagles announced. Conditions in the trade could flex that selection to a 2020 fifth-round pick.

Howard had been rumored as trade bait since before the 2018 season, as Tarik Cohen took on a larger role in first-year coach Matt Nagy's offense. In his third season in the Windy City, Howard saw another dip in production as he totaled 935 rushing yards and 3.7 yards per carry. When Chicago signed former Seahawks running back Mike Davis in free agency, the writing looked to be on the wall

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024668/article/eagles-acquire-bears-rb-jordan-howard-in-trade

One of the top young RBs in the NFL for a sixth?

Maybe the Bears are afraid of the contract he'll be asking for in a year.

Bad news for the Giants if that defence can't be fixed this offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024668/article/eagles-acquire-bears-rb-jordan-howard-in-trade

One of the top young RBs in the NFL for a sixth?

Maybe the Bears are afraid of the contract he'll be asking for in a year.

Bad news for the Giants if that defence can't be fixed this offseason.

Well be ready. Fuck it Im embracing being the underdog.

He's pretty clearly on the decline. Numbers and YPC have gone down every year for the past three.

I don't think he's that good. The Eagles just traded a pick for Orleans Darkwa.

:LMAO: He's averaging 1000 yds per season. A little over 4 yards per carry with 2 fumbles in a 3 year NFL career. He's a power runner and we won't be using him for much more. His best asset to our offense is his ability to pick up short yardage runs and he's a beast of a pass rush blocker. Best part is, we can use him and abuse him all year and pick up a compensatory pick when he heads into FA next year. That's a win - win.

:LMAO: He's averaging 1000 yds per season. A little over 4 yards per carry with 2 fumbles in a 3 year NFL career. He's a power runner and we won't be using him for much more. His best asset to our offense is his ability to pick up short yardage runs and he's a beast of a pass rush blocker. Best part is, we can use him and abuse him all year and pick up a compensatory pick when he heads into FA next year. That's a win - win.

He's pretty clearly on the decline. Numbers and YPC have gone down every year for the past three.

By what metric would you say he's not on the decline?

I don't think its the worst move ever, I just don't think its a very consequential move. Like you said, short yardage guy. Maybe he is a good pass blocker, but not sure how much use he'd get in those situations anyway.

I don't think its the worst move ever, I just don't think its a very consequential move. Like you said, short yardage guy. Maybe he is a good pass blocker, but not sure how much use he'd get in those situations anyway.

That's the genius of the move. We only need him for 1 year and we got him at a bargain basement price. And there's no "maybe" to it. Dude knocks defenders on their asses when he's blocking.

Im not ready to write off Howard. The bears didnt really use him the same way under the new staff. He might just not be the type of back nagy wants for his system

He's not great on the cut. He's a power runner who has a pretty good vision and a high football IQ. This is a pretty good run down on him

The metric which measures how many touches he gets in a 4 rb roster ya goof.

He only had 1.5 less carries per game than 2017 and statistically almost identical to 2016. Even by your own metric he's on the decline. Tarik Cohen is not some monster player stealing his snaps... every team has a rotation of backs.

Also that video you posted is two years old. He's not that player anymore (at least by the numbers... I don't get to watch many Bears games out here).

He's not great on the cut. He's a power runner who has a pretty good vision and a high football IQ. This is a pretty good run down on him

Looks like a pretty good signing for the Eagles.

Chicago Tribune Review

Howard didn’t look like the same runner he was in his first two seasons, and it wasn’t just the new offense. He didn’t appear as nimble on his feet and wasn’t as powerful. One of his greatest strengths at the start of his career was gaining yardage after first contact. He ranked third in the league as a rookie in 2016, gaining an average of 2.22 yards per carry, according to ESPN. He was fifth in 2017 at 1.87 and dipped to 1.57 this past season, ranking 42nd.

He's so cheap that he might end up being a good bargain, but I don't think he's a difference-maker if you're getting the 2018 Jordan Howard.

He only had 1.5 less carries per game than 2017 and statistically almost identical to 2016. Even by your own metric he's on the decline. Tarik Cohen is not some monster player stealing his snaps... every team has a rotation of backs.

Also that video you posted is two years old. He's not that player anymore (at least by the numbers... I don't get to watch many Bears games out here).

I know that, and I've seen his stats for all 3 years of his NFL career, if you think he's on the decline, you are certainly entitled to your opinion... Even if you're wrong.

I know that, and I've seen his stats for all 3 years of his NFL career, if you think he's on the decline, you are certainly entitled to your opinion... Even if you're wrong.

And you're entitled to yours... I'll stick with a reduced YPG, YPC, and overall rushing yards is "declining..." you can stick with "that's maintaining" or "improving" or whatever it looks like in Phily with green-colored glasses on. :D