SportsWrath

Steelers Trade Brad Wing To Giants

Mr. P

I'm having a little trouble absorbing this trade. I like Weatherford a lot. And I hate giving up draft picks. I hope this kid is really special and can nail the coffin corner.

I wish Weatherford all the best luck in the world. His attitude and spirit was a boost to the team.

Still scratching my head.

I'm patriotically obliged to be stoked about this (he's an Aussie). Kid had a big rep coming out of LSU.

Brad Wing is due to make $510K this season. Steve Weatherford was due to make $3.075M, including $1.75M in dead money.

Brad Wing is exclusive rights FA in 2016. Under #NYG control this year + next at far lower price tag than Weatherford. It's a business.

I'm patriotically obliged to be stoked about this (he's an Aussie). Kid had a big rep coming out of LSU.

And like Tree, this kid sounds like a troublemaker......

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/nfl-ponders-punters-future-rt9i5hp-204603711.html

...."He's a problem child," one special-teams coach said. "I interviewed him at the combine. I think it was all con. I don't think this guy is remorseful for any of it.

"If it was me, only way I would take him is if we didn't have anything invested in him. First time he (expletive) up he'd be out the door. There's too many red flags on this guy."....

Matt Dodge 2 ?

"When I came to LSU I just finished coaching Matt Dodge [with the New York Giants] and we drafted Matt Dodge in the sixth round. And Brad was better than Matt Dodge his freshman year at LSU," Tigers special teams coach Thomas McGaughey said. "He's pretty special. All you have to do is put the tape in and watch him."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/05/eagles_punter_brad_wing_lookin.html

Yeah, this kid makes me nervous......but damn, how much did TC hate Weatherford, to take a chance on a loose cannon like this?

Reeks of desperation. A few kicks not well placed and a stalwart punter gets the boot. The 2011 playoff run, weatherford held a clinic on punting

His performance 4 years ago doesn't justify an extra 2.5 million per year now.

Weatherford didn't give himself an extension or franchise tag himself. I'd argue that his performance during those years are exactly what got him 2.5 million more than what we're giving the new punter.

"JR never does anything with late round draft picks, we shouldnt even draft after the third round" - Everyone on the board.

*Cuts a shaky Weatherford to save cap room*

*Trades seventh round pick for a starting punter*

"THE FUCK YOU DOING JR?!?!?! WE CAN USE THOSE PICKS"

lol

"JR never does anything with late round draft picks, we shouldnt even draft after the third round" - Everyone on the board.

*Cuts a shaky Weatherford to save cap room*

*Trades seventh round pick for a starting punter*

"THE FUCK YOU DOING JR?!?!?! WE CAN USE THOSE PICKS"

lol

I like going into drafts with all 7 picks, personally...

"When I came to LSU I just finished coaching Matt Dodge [with the New York Giants] and we drafted Matt Dodge in the sixth round. And Brad was better than Matt Dodge his freshman year at LSU," Tigers special teams coach Thomas McGaughey said. "He's pretty special. All you have to do is put the tape in and watch him."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/05/eagles_punter_brad_wing_lookin.html

Well, better than Matt Dodge. Case closed.