SportsWrath

More thoughts on the giants bengals game...

BurnThePhilFans

First off comeone refs.... that was a clear fumble by chad johnson when kenny phillips punched it out of his hands (and the bengals ended up scoring on that drive)

Gilbride is absolutely awful. There have been times when he has been hounded by posters and I have given him the benefit of the doubt but I was absolutely going crazy screaming at my tv when he called 2 consecutive runs at the 6 yard line as the 4th quarter was winding down. We waste 2 runs and then if Boss doesn't catch that 3rd down td we are looking at a game deciding 4th down. We should have passed on 2nd down there without a doubt. Gilbride was beyond conservative for most of the game. We only tried to go deep late in the game and this 2 wr sets are pissing me off. Look at how well Eli does from the shotgun/4 receiver sets and please make note of it

Wester - Was ready to give up on you in the first half of last year. I don't know how you did a complete 180 but your the closest thing to a shutdown corner that the Giants have had in the last 10 plus years.

Ward - ran hard good effort

Steve Smith - His field awareness is incredible as he had a deja vu type play of hugging the sidelines (like in the superbowl) on a short pass to stretch it into a huge 1st down

Carney - Peaceout Tynes. Carney doesn't give me heart attacks

Freddy Robbins - AMAZING game. Simply amazing. Batted balls, sacks, the works!

Toomer - Best in the NFL at the toe drag/ staying in bounds... Always makes those plays and continutes to amaze. I told my dad that the pass to Plax in the back of the endzone, if it was to Toomer it would have been a TD with his toe dragging ability

Boss - I expect to see more of what I saw from Boss today

Madison - You saved the game today theres no other way of saying it. I would give you the game ball before Robbins because the play you made was HUGE. We weren't stopping them late in the game and when they got the ball back I really thought they were going to win. That play on 3rd down was ENORMOUS

Tuck - Where were you today? Our beast of a DE was the only guy on the line who didn't get in Palmer's face...

Eli - On his way to a 4,000 yard year with a significant decrease in interceptions. Our franchise qb has turned the corner and absolutely has ice in his veins. I love having him as our qb with the game on the line. He is a great come from behind qb

All in all happy to be 3-0 and happy to see the Giants winning these close games. Winning close games is the mark of champions (Just look at last years games against Detroit, Philly, Washington etc... - They make or break seasons). The Giants never won these types of games before last year and I'm happy that they are getting it done in the close ones now

I cant put this on Gilbride. Granted there were shitty calls, but at the start of the game he was only working the plan. Pound them with Jacobs until they have to expose deep routes. Thats called game plan, and it has worked for us thus far. There were a few passes placed right in the hands of Plax and toomer that weren't hauled in. Honestly, if anyone is to blame for this lack luster performance it's our defense. We were being picked apart in the secondary.

First off comeone refs.... that was a clear fumble by chad johnson when kenny phillips punched it out of his hands (and the bengals ended up scoring on that drive)

Gilbride is absolutely awful. There have been times when he has been hounded by posters and I have given him the benefit of the doubt but I was absolutely going crazy screaming at my tv when he called 2 consecutive runs at the 6 yard line as the 4th quarter was winding down. We waste 2 runs and then if Boss doesn't catch that 3rd down td we are looking at a game deciding 4th down. We should have passed on 2nd down there without a doubt. Gilbride was beyond conservative for most of the game. We only tried to go deep late in the game and this 2 wr sets are pissing me off. Look at how well Eli does from the shotgun/4 receiver sets and please make note of it

Wester - Was ready to give up on you in the first half of last year. I don't know how you did a complete 180 but your the closest thing to a shutdown corner that the Giants have had in the last 10 plus years.

Ward - ran hard good effort

Steve Smith - His field awareness is incredible as he had a deja vu type play of hugging the sidelines (like in the superbowl) on a short pass to stretch it into a huge 1st down

Carney - Peaceout Tynes. Carney doesn't give me heart attacks

Freddy Robbins - AMAZING game. Simply amazing. Batted balls, sacks, the works!

Toomer - Best in the NFL at the toe drag/ staying in bounds... Always makes those plays and continutes to amaze. I told my dad that the pass to Plax in the back of the endzone, if it was to Toomer it would have been a TD with his toe dragging ability

Boss - I expect to see more of what I saw from Boss today

Madison - You saved the game today theres no other way of saying it. I would give you the game ball before Robbins because the play you made was HUGE. We weren't stopping them late in the game and when they got the ball back I really thought they were going to win. That play on 3rd down was ENORMOUS

Tuck - Where were you today? Our beast of a DE was the only guy on the line who didn't get in Palmer's face...

Eli - On his way to a 4,000 yard year with a significant decrease in interceptions. Our franchise qb has turned the corner and absolutely has ice in his veins. I love having him as our qb with the game on the line. He is a great come from behind qb

All in all happy to be 3-0 and happy to see the Giants winning these close games. Winning close games is the mark of champions (Just look at last years games against Detroit, Philly, Washington etc... - They make or break seasons). The Giants never won these types of games before last year and I'm happy that they are getting it done in the close ones now

I would give Ward more props than that. He had 80 yds on 8 carries and all came at crucial times. He came through when Jacobs wasnt.

No way Madison deserves that game ball over Freddy Robbins. Nice play by Sam, but Freddy was a BEAST!

Toomer, agreed. Amani the king. :worshippy:

And I think Tuck is finally commanding the double teams, and temas are scared of him. And rightfully so, the man will kill you. We're 3-0 and heading into the bye. Every team gets faced with challenges unexpectedly, its the champions that come thru with a win.

I cant put this on Gilbride. Granted there were shitty calls, but at the start of the game he was only working the plan. Pound them with Jacobs until they have to expose deep routes. Thats called game plan, and it has worked for us thus far. There were a few passes placed right in the hands of Plax and toomer that weren't hauled in. Honestly, if anyone is to blame for this lack luster performance it's our defense. We were being picked apart in the secondary.

You know, I understand this whole game plan thing but you don't have to be a football genius to see the Bengals were stacking against the run... They were pretty successful keeping BJ in check.. so why didn't we keep them honest by throwing the ball early? Props to the Bengals for battling but this game shouldn't have been this close.

On a different note.. all NFC East teams won.. again. Philly's D was insane against Pitt.. it seems they took a page out of Spag's book.. which is really their book... Dallas' D was ferocious too.. holy shit...

I would give Ward more props than that. He had 80 yds on 8 carries and all came at crucial times. He came through when Jacobs wasnt.

No way Madison deserves that game ball over Freddy Robbins. Nice play by Sam, but Freddy was a BEAST!

Toomer, agreed. Amani the king. :worshippy:

And I think Tuck is finally commanding the double teams, and temas are scared of him. And rightfully so, the man will kill you. We're 3-0 and heading into the bye. Every team gets faced with challenges unexpectedly, its the champions that come thru with a win.

I think one of the things that brought smiles to our faces was the play of Boss :)

That one catch he made where he was being tackled and had to bring the ball in was a play a certain TE who used to be a Giant would have surely dropped :P

Ahhh lol true. How could I forget Boss? :huh: Great play and nice catches by Boss. Looks like we got a TE boys, and where he lacks in the blocking game, he makes up for in the passing game.

Sometimes, we don't play as well as we should because the other team played well against us. For all the shit the Bengals have taken (and deservedly so), they came to play yesterday. After six sacks, you wouldn't have blamed Palmer for shuitting down shop for the day, yet to his credit, he ripped us up on that last drive. We got thrown a curveball yesterday, plain and simple, no-one expected that from the Bengals, and yet we won the game. Again, no-one here shit on Gilbride for last weeks 41 points, so he must have been awesome.

This is coming from someone is honestly is not sold on Gilbride overall, he hasn't been a major success elsewhere and he was a failure as a head coach. But he has good rapport with Eli, there's a trust there and also Eli's has become a better quarterback with Gilbride as coach, so credit where credit is due. When this team goes into the tank and he's solely responsible for this team not generating offense over a period of games, then we can talk about canning him, but not now.

And if you want to go to town on coaches for yesterday's game, then why isn't Spags getting heat, because there were times yesterday when the Bengals chewed us up and spit us out. Why is he getting a pass?

I agree booyah, the Bengals aint that bad, and theyre all pros. Last season the Pats were unstoppable and record setting during the reg season, and they got tested by BAL, PHI, and us, and they pulled out a win. No matter how good your team is, they can get tested by another professional team. But champs pull it out. Gilbride seems to have a good rapport with Eli, and Eli turns it on during crunch time. You cant ask for much more.

Ahhh lol true. How could I forget Boss? :huh: Great play and nice catches by Boss. Looks like we got a TE boys, and where he lacks in the blocking game, he makes up for in the passing game.

The man can block. You should have seen NFL Matchup this week, they did a segment on Boss's blocking...he was pancaking people out there, it was beautiful. I thought I saw him lay a couple people out yesterday too.

You know, I understand this whole game plan thing but you don't have to be a football genius to see the Bengals were stacking against the run... They were pretty successful keeping BJ in check.. so why didn't we keep them honest by throwing the ball early? Props to the Bengals for battling but this game shouldn't have been this close.

On a different note.. all NFC East teams won.. again. Philly's D was insane against Pitt.. it seems they took a page out of Spag's book.. which is really their book... Dallas' D was ferocious too.. holy shit...

When we line up in our offensive formation, is it not on Eli to read the 8 in the box and audible out?

The pass to Plaxico in the endzone was a touchdown anyway. I could tell it was a touchdown live, too. I don't know how the ref missed it.

BTW, I wanted to sock Justin Tuck for not hustling to get back onsides when the Bengals were in the hurry up. That's pure laziness.

...until a potential TD pass bounced off his helmet. I like the guy, great soft hands, but he's got a way to go yet.

That was a broken play...

Eli was immediately blitzed and forced to dump the ball off. Boss was still running his route to get open...

The pass to Plaxico in the endzone was a touchdown anyway. I could tell it was a touchdown live, too. I don't know how the ref missed it.

BTW, I wanted to sock Justin Tuck for not hustling to get back onsides when the Bengals were in the hurry up. That's pure laziness.

Calm down on Tuck, he will kill you. :P

That Plax catch WAS a TD. I cant believe he TC didnt challenge.

That was a broken play...

Eli was immediately blitzed and forced to dump the ball off. Boss was still running his route to get open...

I'm not saying it was easy, I'm saying he's got things to work on. Situational awareness comes with experience and good receivers know when it's coming out hot.

The camera angle didn't show conclusive evidence... we were going to lose a time out.

Oh it was totally a TD! It was exactly the same as the Toomer play a couple years back that I think was called on the field a catch but challenged and upheld.