SportsWrath

McAdoo .... might give up

Lughead

Meh...he gives it up to SAVE his job...cause giving up responsibilities is the same as creating scapegoats to which blame will surely be cast. Doing it now gives McAdoo a bigger arsenal to use in the offseason.

Whereas if BennyBoy called plays for 10 games before giving it up...it'd be a much tougher sell for him to convince ownership the poor season wasn't his fault..

His teams have never had an offensive identity. Other than throwing it to Beckham Jr and hoping for the best, I don't think I understand his philosophy. He doesn't establish a running game nor does he stick to things that work like traps and pulls. He doesn't utilize a lead blocker though he actually has one this year. He runs from the shotgun for what seems to be far too often. So smashmouth football and establishing a running game are out. Not that we really have the talent or build for that anyway. Even when semi successful at 3 yards per carry he shys away from it or his team gets down so much that he panics.

So that leaves the passing game. It can't be a quick read, short passing game anymore because Eli literally throws nothing but interceptions on those routes - at least, when targeting anyone but Beckham. But it needs to be a quick read passing game since the offensive line provides approximately 2-3 seconds of time for Eli. But since we can't do either correct, it means we simply can't move the football. Without a running game, he can't utilize playaction, Mannings bread and butter in my opinion.

I'm not sure it will make much difference. Can't hurt, of course....but hard to believe there's any quick fix here.

I don't think it's a quick fix either.I feel it may be at least a step in the right direction. Ol' Benny boy ain't no walrus.... hell he ain't even a penguin . Krill ,Maybe.

I'm not sure it will make much difference. Can't hurt, of course....but hard to believe there's any quick fix here.

I think there's to some extent. Give Flowers some help... why don't our TE's and FB chip the opposing DE or flat out double team the fucker... enough to exhaust him and build Flowers' confidence. And we have a solid D too...

The question I have is, what is different last year and now? Why do I feel like we took a million steps back this year? We did win games lastyear, so what makes this year different that we started off 0-2 but we looked awful in both?

The question I have is, what is different last year and now? Why do I feel like we took a million steps back this year? We did win games lastyear, so what makes this year different that we started off 0-2 but we looked awful in both?

The obvious one is injuries... ODB is hobbled... Jenkins was out and when it rains, it pours... we have a chance to beat the Lions but a few bonehead palys (drops) and Special Teams TD given up did us in...

I think there's to some extent. Give Flowers some help... why don't our TE's and FB chip the opposing DE or flat out double team the fucker... enough to exhaust him and build Flowers' confidence. And we have a solid D too...

I don't think he lacks confidence, just talent

Meh...he gives it up to SAVE his job...cause giving up responsibilities is the same as creating scapegoats to which blame will surely be cast. Doing it now gives McAdoo a bigger arsenal to use in the offseason.

Whereas if BennyBoy called plays for 10 games before giving it up...it'd be a much tougher sell for him to convince ownership the poor season wasn't his fault..

This. Also lets see what he does with his own QB

is going to save him

Nothing new here, same question and no answer till sunday. McAdoo does have an offense identity; it is get the ball to Beckham jr. The entire offense flows to Beckham jr. This might change with Sullivan running the offense because then McAdoo just might see how unbalanced his offense is and how that is killing them.

Need more protection for Manning to have the time to get the ball further downfield. Need to stretch these defenses out with Evans and eventually Beckham jr. Ellison needs to play more and he needs to be blocking.

I think his morale is at an all time low.

which came first- the chicken or the egg? is his morale low bc he knows he sucks or does he suck because his morale is low. bottom line is he sucks and we're not running a school for wayward boys

this guy is still younger than Chad Wheeler, and he's still better than Chad Wheeler, and yet we talk about Flowers like he's already done, while Wheeler is this untapped wellspring of talent. I think maybe we're getting a little silly on this Flowers stuff. He's been inconsistent, he hasn't been across the board awful, he's just been a young player at a tough position, playing in my view far too much on an island.

I fault the coaches for not helping him moreso than I fault Flowers for his blown plays.

this guy is still younger than Chad Wheeler, and he's still better than Chad Wheeler, and yet we talk about Flowers like he's already done, while Wheeler is this untapped wellspring of talent. I think maybe we're getting a little silly on this Flowers stuff. He's been inconsistent, he hasn't been across the board awful, he's just been a young player at a tough position, playing in my view far too much on an island.

I fault the coaches for not helping him moreso than I fault Flowers for his blown plays.

I agree with this... if he's better suited on the right side, then why the fuck isn't he there while Pugh can handle the LT position in the meantime... then if Flowers develops, move him back to LT.

This is fair, but we're not a team that can afford to wait on a left tackle of all positions developing slowly. Our qb is 36, we have a ton of money invested in defensive players who are in their primes right now. We're wasting this opportunity and all this money. This team is built to win now but we're also supposed to have patience with a crucial part of the team? It's gotta be one or the other

This is fair, but we're not a team that can afford to wait on a left tackle of all positions developing slowly. Our qb is 36, we have a ton of money invested in defensive players who are in their primes right now. We're wasting this opportunity and all this money. This team is built to win now but we're also supposed to have patience with a crucial part of the team? It's gotta be one or the other

Admittedly we have a timing problem... Dallas sucked for so long but they were slowly building their OL from the ground... and they were quite successful in that respect.. then they sucked some more and landed Zeke with the 4th pick... then got luck with Dak... even they have a small window before all of those players will command big money...

Even though 0-2 sucks donkey balls, the professorial in me thinks we're not as bad as this... the Detroit game could have been easily won had the coaches got their heads out of their collective asses and gave the kids some help.... Don't you all remember Ahmad Bradshaw stonewalling defenders coming at Eli? Really Mcadoo, how hard could that have been? The bigger disappointment in that game was Brandon Marshall... holy shit he sucks... and we were expecting a super star when we signed him. Eli played a terrific game when you put everything in perspective...

If I'm in charge of that team, I'd find a better OL coach immediately, get Flowers some RB/TE/FB help, and light a fire under BM's ass.

Flowers has not shown an ounce of improvement. If anything, he's regressed. The only time he looks halfway decent is when his opponent is not top rate.

Agreed which is more of a reason to give the dude some help since we can't just find a replacement. Or move him to RT and still keep an eye on him to make sure he gets some help anyway... no harm in having the running back chip the defender and go on to run his route.

Agreed which is more of a reason to give the dude some help since we can't just find a replacement. Or move him to RT and still keep an eye on him to make sure he gets some help anyway... no harm in having the running back chip the defender and go on to run his route.

yea, really no harm because it doesn't seem to harm the defender at all. I would move him. We need the skill players freed up.

OBJ and the D played lights out.

GIANTS 20 COWBOYS 19

SAINTS 13 GIANTS 16

REDSKINS 29 GIANTS 27

GIANTS 10 VIKINGS 24

GIANTS 16 PACKERS 23

RAVENS 23 GIANTS 27

GIANTS 17 RAMS 10

EAGLES 23 GIANTS 28

BENGALS 20 GIANTS 21

BEARS 16 GIANTS 22

GIANTS 27 BROWNS 13

GIANTS 14 STEELERS 24

COWBOYS 07 GIANTS 10

LIONS 06 GIANTS 17

GIANTS 19 EAGLES 24

GIANTS 19 REDSKINS 10

This year is the same Giants as last year sadly.

OBJ and the D played lights out.

GIANTS 20 COWBOYS 19

SAINTS 13 GIANTS 16

REDSKINS 29 GIANTS 27

GIANTS 10 VIKINGS 24

GIANTS 16 PACKERS 23

RAVENS 23 GIANTS 27

GIANTS 17 RAMS 10

EAGLES 23 GIANTS 28

BENGALS 20 GIANTS 21

BEARS 16 GIANTS 22

GIANTS 27 BROWNS 13

GIANTS 14 STEELERS 24

COWBOYS 07 GIANTS 10

LIONS 06 GIANTS 17

GIANTS 19 EAGLES 24

GIANTS 19 REDSKINS 10

This year is the same Giants as last year sadly.

Except we scored more points. We don't even look capable of scoring more than 10 points a game.