SportsWrath

Giants trade down?

Sephiroth

Id rather have a once in a generation guard than rb. Adrian Peterson is done at age 32. Steve Hutchinson was all-pro at 32

That is very true... I guess it comes down to would we rather see 5-8 seasons of an outstanding running back defining the Giants offense or 10-15 seasons of a nasty muthafucker making our mediocre running game look serviceable. I really do not know the right answer, but I would lean towards the RB getting us a shot another playoff run this year.

I would not be unhappy with Nelson, but would love to see him not come off at the 2nd pick.

Once in a generation Guard.... Thats a tough pickup at #2 and a tough pickup if there is a potential 10 year QB and a Top Tier RB sitting there... not to mention a can't miss DE.

You can throw the position out of the window... the conventional wisdom that you don't pick a guard that high is pure bull...

You can throw the position out of the window... the conventional wisdom that you don't pick a guard that high is pure bull...

No it isnt lol

There have only been 8 guards taken in the top 5 since the NFL draft began, and from 2010 till now only four guards have been taken in the first round.

I think the highest was Scherff (sp?) by the 'Skins. And he's okay, but I don't think they're really getting the cost-benefit on that deal.

Robert Gallery turned into a pretty good guard, LOL.

money is all wrong for a guard to go that high..... I wouldn't pick a guard higher than maybe about the 10th pick.... otherwise they have to be practically the best guard in the league for their comp to make any sense.

Of course, if you're dead set certain the guy is an All Pro, Hall of Fame, best G in the league for ten years kind of guy.... then maybe at 6th overall it could make sense.

I think the highest was Scherff (sp?) by the 'Skins. And he's okay, but I don't think they're really getting the cost-benefit on that deal.

Robert Gallery turned into a pretty good guard, LOL.

money is all wrong for a guard to go that high..... I wouldn't pick a guard higher than maybe about the 10th pick.... otherwise they have to be practically the best guard in the league for their comp to make any sense.

Of course, if you're dead set certain the guy is an All Pro, Hall of Fame, best G in the league for ten years kind of guy.... then maybe at 6th overall it could make sense.

Yeah Jerry Reese had a very similar outlook on offensive linemen, turned out horribly.

Yeah Jerry Reese had a very similar outlook on offensive linemen, turned out horribly.

JR invested in the Oline, Flower, Pugh, Richburg, FA guys.

Just none of them really panned out.

Hopefully Getty had a better eye for Oline talent.

JR invested in the Oline, Flower, Pugh, Richburg, FA guys.

Just none of them really panned out.

Hopefully Getty had a better eye for Oline talent.

If he was the General Manager for the New York Giants starting in 2009 I might even say he tried his best. The offensive line retired and fell apart on his watch and he did as little as possible to fix it.

Stopping inside pressure is more valuable than ever. Norwell just got what used to be tackle money. Not saying things have flipped between guard and tackle but I think the game is heading in the direction where theyre closer to each other value-wise

Stopping inside pressure is more valuable than ever. Norwell just got what used to be tackle money. Not saying things have flipped between guard and tackle but I think the game is heading in the direction where theyre closer to each other value-wise

Yeah he is getting paid what some left tackles are getting paid now lol!

The guy is like, not even a human being. I watched a highlight video of just a regular Notre Dame game where he was pushing a 300-lb nose tackle 10 yards off the line on just about every play.

. The guy is a beast. And we need that... we need a player that will bring som nastiness attitude to this line. In the long run, it will make us better

Jerry Reese, and virtually everyone else in football.

Guys that can't play QB, play RB or WR. If they can't play WR, they play TE, and if they can't play TE they play OL. Best ol players go to the tackle positions, then the interior.

Then there are the guys who can't play anywhere... Kickers.

No it isnt lol

There have only been 8 guards taken in the top 5 since the NFL draft began, and from 2010 till now only four guards have been taken in the first round.

Yea and... and I say it's pure bullshit... if the guy is elite and can make your team that much better, you draft him...

No on OL as #2 pick, thank you

You know... seeing how our run game sucked donkey balls, I'm willing to throw that notion out of the window... however, I'm still holding hope that a team that needs a QB trades with us...

Exactly, it's crazy that Reese gets that rap for undervaluing the OL.

Because it is true. We talk about how often Jerry missed with those third round picks. He did better with third round picks than drafting offensive linemen...