SportsWrath

Shaun Rogers may not be done for the Season

Balloonknot

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/sports/giants/rogers_may_return_from_clot_K7buFa5AudkyLTUsKbgAuL

Giants DT Rogers may return from clot

By MARK HALE

Last Updated: 7:28 AM, August 22, 2012

Posted: 2:07 AM, August 22, 2012

It’s possible Shaun Rogers might not miss all of the 2012 season.

Rogers recently was found to have had a blood clot in his leg, a revelation that would cost the Giants’ mammoth defensive tackle the year. But Tuesday coach Tom Coughlin said “another opinion” has prompted a different line of thinking.

“There’s a ray of hope,” Coughlin said. “There is a chance that he could come back and play. That’s what we’ve been told. We’re just going to hang in there as long as we can and see if they can determine where he is and how fast that he would be able to play.”

Coughlin added, “He is on a different kind of a medication, and that medication is supposedly something that can be dealt with after a certain amount of time. Whether it’s five, six weeks, whatever, I’m not sure.”

Rogers’ return would be a blessing for the Giants, who are dealing with a wave of injuries at defensive tackle. Chris Canty (knee) and Marvin Austin (back) also are banged up.

Linebacker Michael Boley (hamstring) tried to run Tuesday, but the test didn’t go too smoothly. Boley said he “started to still feel the pain.”

“I’m very concerned about getting back out there. This is valuable time that I’m missing,” Boley said. “Using this time to get in there and get my work with the first group and actually build that chemistry early. It’s kind of frustrating, to be honest.”

In the wake of the Jason Pierre-Paul/Prince Amukamara cold-tub incident, Corey Webster was asked about his tweeting a photo of rookie wideout Rueben Randle tied up in a tub.

“That goes on in the world. Little brothers, sisters, you have that in your house. You make the little sister wash the dishes — you don’t wash the dishes. It’s the same thing here,” Webster explained. “That’s just things you have to go through. I went through it. I didn’t make it. It’s tradition.”

Wideout Hakeem Nicks (foot) estimated he increased his reps from 50 percent Monday to 75 yesterday.

“I feel good,” he said. “Still no setbacks.”

Nicks said he would like to play in a preseason game “but we’ll see.”

Said Eli Manning, “It shouldn’t take us long to get our timing and I expect it whether he plays in this game or not. When we get ready for Dallas that first week, we should be ready to go.”

— Additional reporting by Brett Cyrgalis

mark.hale@nypost.com

And on a side note....

Some way, some how, the signing of Shaun Rogers must be salvaged and if that means we keep him on the roster and activate him in December then that is what we're going to do.

Overheard driving past MetLife stadium from NJ Turnpike