SportsWrath

2011 MLB Predictions

fringe

I think we will miss Wells more then Marcum, we got alot of depth at pitcher this year and young depth as well. I'm more worried about our bating order and if Bautista can keep up hitting those HRs.

think you will miss Overbay at all, defensively Lind is not nearly as good.

think you will miss Overbay at all, defensively Lind is not nearly as good.

Overbay was a good first baseman for the Jays, I'm going to miss his defensive play not so much his batting. I do think Lind will step in and fill in at first base hopefully just as well as Overbay. I'm not overly concerned while at the same time I don't know much about going from left field to first base but I do know it was the position he played in college and he was named 1st team all American or something.

really hate that decision to not have feliz in the rotation btw

I understand it, but I don't like it either. He's been groomed to be a starter his whole life, through the minors. Closers are way over rated, it's nice to have one guy that you know will close out a game, but you don't waste the best arm in the system at closer. Find a guy who can get ground balls and put him there, put the guy who throws 98 and off speed stuff that is improving every day in the rotation.

Hopefully this is a situation where they want to give him one more year in the pen to build confidence and not burn his arm out.

I understand it, but I don't like it either. He's been groomed to be a starter his whole life, through the minors. Closers are way over rated, it's nice to have one guy that you know will close out a game, but you don't waste the best arm in the system at closer. Find a guy who can get ground balls and put him there, put the guy who throws 98 and off speed stuff that is improving every day in the rotation.

Hopefully this is a situation where they want to give him one more year in the pen to build confidence and not burn his arm out.

yeah there's really no excuse for them to do this next season. ogando seems more than capable of closing anyway why not give him a shot?

you're right. nationals have no pitching. no pitching. when livan "likes his money " hernandez is your opening day starter, you have no pitching.

But they've got a 126 million dollar man out there in right field who's never had 100 RBIs or hit .300 and has only been relevant for about 3 years now. I always liked Werth and didn't blame him for going after the big contract, but he's done nothing but run his mouth and talk shit since he signed that contract, I hope enjoys the view from the basement of the NL East for the next 7 years.

Watched the Giants vs the Dodgers game last night, great pitching duel (though Lincicum got himself into trouble a few times). Kershaw looks like a fucking stud.

Blu, was the defense a concern going into the season or is that just a one off?

Watched the Giants vs the Dodgers game last night, great pitching duel (though Lincicum got himself into trouble a few times). Kershaw looks like a fucking stud.

Blu, was the defense a concern going into the season or is that just a one off?

It wasn't a concern for Tejeda or Posey! But, there's a couple of water buffalos grazing in Right and Left. Burrell will probably platoon with Cody Ross when he gets off the DL.

• 3 weeks later...