SportsWrath

QB prospect comparison

Nas

There was an analyst (Waldman?) that dumped all over Josh Allen. Did an eviscerating play by play analysis and basically said that another Wentz he is not....

Interesting. What was wrong with Allen? I see a little bit of holding onto the ball too long, staring down targets, what I think are some throwing technique issues as well.

Play by play film on the field, Rosen is the best all around among these picks. The question marks on Rosen are around character and health, which are important evaluation factors. Boomer on the fan thinks the two concussions should not be a huge concern, as long as the docs clear him of anything chronic. Also off the field, PR wise, Rosen has proven to be a bit loose/candid with his talk.

Interesting. What was wrong with Allen? I see a little bit of holding onto the ball too long, staring down targets, what I think are some throwing technique issues as well.

Play by play film on the field, Rosen is the best all around among these picks. The question marks on Rosen are around character and health, which are important evaluation factors. Boomer on the fan thinks the two concussions should not be a huge concern, as long as the docs clear him of anything chronic. Also off the field, PR wise, Rosen has proven to be a bit loose/candid with his talk.

I should clarify that I still think Rosen is the best all around prospect. I think Allen has the potential to "eventually" be considered the best of the class given the right situation: staff, time to sit and watch/learn, etc. Giants might actually be his ideal landing spot if we keep Eli a couple more years and we hire a guy like Reich, Shurmur, or McDaniels.

Watching Darnold's highlights, I'd be cool with him as well. I'm not scout by any means, and just judging by highlights, Rosen is my favorite, particularly if Eli only plays a year. Allen and Darnold tie for number 2, especially if it's a two year succession plan. Any of those three guys and I am a happy camper. If we can trade down a few spots, pick up a few picks and take Allen, I might cream my pants.

I should clarify that I still think Rosen is the best all around prospect. I think Allen has the potential to "eventually" be considered the best of the class given the right situation: staff, time to sit and watch/learn, etc. Giants might actually be his ideal landing spot if we keep Eli a couple more years and we hire a guy like Reich, Shurmur, or McDaniels.

Watching Darnold's highlights, I'd be cool with him as well. I'm not scout by any means, and just judging by highlights, Rosen is my favorite, particularly if Eli only plays a year. Allen and Darnold tie for number 2, especially if it's a two year succession plan. Any of those three guys and I am a happy camper. If we can trade down a few spots, pick up a few picks and take Allen, I might cream my pants.

So trade down and get Allen if possible... Although I don't see how Allen can be a better prospect than Webb at this point...

That was what he said, yeah... and that the seemingly athletic plays wouldn't translate to the NFL.

I cannot imagine signing a QB with the second pic in the draft and him not seeing the field next year.

Maybe I think a lot of the problem is College coaches aren't honest about a guy.

Scouts do their own thing... it's like what an employer looks for when interviewing... some look for the standard resume, experience, etc... others look for more... such as character and how to respond under pressure... etc.

Scouts do their own thing... it's like what an employer looks for when interviewing... some look for the standard resume, experience, etc... others look for more... such as character and how to respond under pressure... etc.

Yea but just like an ex employer you think anyone risks saying anything bad? How's a recruit going to feel knowing a coach dogged him ?

Allen reminds me too much, believe it or not, of Dave Brown rather than Carson Wentz. Big guy, strong arm, but holds on to the ball too long, doesnt seem to work through progressions quickly enough, stares down primary target, once primary target cant get open he tries anyway or throws it away with an incomplete pass either way.

I know it would be a huge risk, but I cant help but to have the feeling if we past up on that running back for a QB, we are gonna regret it for many years to come. That kid is the closest Ive seen in college to Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson. I know there is about a 97% chance we pick a QB, but I think it would be worth the risk to take him with the second pick.

Just wish we would have seen Web a little at the end of the year. At least get an idea if he is at all capable.