SportsWrath

2018 NFL Draft Thread...

Nas

I think gettleman wants to trade down and is leaking all this Barkley stuff so people dont think hes married to a qb and will make offers to jump ahead of the jets. Barkley would immediately have the best contract in football among running backs and i feel like he wouldnt have signed Stewart if he was planning this. I also think Denver is being sneaky with their trade down talk and really they want to move up. Elway is aggressive and I think keenum and a rookie has been his plan since day 1.

My preferences in order:

Trade down and draft Nelson

Nelson at number 2

Trade down and draft Barkley

Barkley at 2

Trade down and draft Roquan Smith

Baker Mayfield at 2

Trade down and draft Chubb

Chubb at 2

Darnold at 2

No Allen or Rosen please. I heard on a podcast that Allen has never completed 60% of his passes in his life, not even on his JV team. Number 2 is way too valuable of a pick and we have way too much talent to take on some big years long raw project at such an important position.

Desire/attitude issues aside, Rosen has a concussion history. Thats not a torn ACL, thats a career long issue that just snowballs as soon as he gets another one. No thanks.

I didnt look much into round 2 or round 3 talent, but the top of round 2 is a super valuable pick that i think should specifically be used on a player who inexplicably fell 15-20 spots. Those guys seem to always pan out.

- Barkley (only because I think we can land 2 stud OLs in the 2nd round and beyond).

- Nelson (a once in a lifetime talent at guard).

- Chubb (a freak of an athlete at DE and God knows our D needs him)

Not sure about any of the QBs but Baker Mayfield has the numbers.

I still hate this new format... If this were happening on a Friday night I would have a bunch of buddies over for drinks and grub watching the draft. But on a Thursday? I'll go to the gym, get home eat dinner and have a drink as the kids complain that I am watching the draft and they can't play fortnite.

I still hate this new format... If this were happening on a Friday night I would have a bunch of buddies over for drinks and grub watching the draft. But on a Thursday? I'll go to the gym, get home eat dinner and have a drink as the kids complain that I am watching the draft and they can't play fortnite.

About the same except wife is complaining she can't watch Jersey Shore.

She doesn't mind the draft though. She loves when they boo Goodell every single time.

ESPN or NFL network?

I only have one tv in the house and it's a policy I plan on sticking to at least till the kids are old enough to force a change...

This is the rare draft where our needs line up perfectly with the depth in the draft. What I'd love to see:

1. Darnold - worst case scenario is he comes in and competes with Webb, best case is he leads the franchise for the next dozen years. Let's be serious - Eli won't be around much longer and we need to start preparing for that. Darnold is the best QB in this draft and is only 20 (I believe). If we can't trade down and get another #1 next year that we can pair to move into next year's top 5, then we have to pull the trigger on a QB now.

2. Will Hernandez - not as good as Nelson. Nobody in the universe is as good as Nelson. This guy can still be a Pro Bowler for ten years though, so long as he's not in the same conference as Nelson.

3. Nick Chubb - physical runner the Giants need, with near-breakaway speed, good vision, and enough wiggle in his run to make guys miss. We're idiots if he's there in the 3rd and don't take him. Outside of Barkley I think he's by far the best RB in this class, and Shurmur will probably use him in the same role as Dalvin Cook last year (who was in contention for ROY honors before the injury).

I miss this being an all day Saturday thing

About the same except wife is complaining she can't watch Jersey Shore.

She doesn't mind the draft though. She loves when they boo Goodell every single time.

ESPN or NFL network?

she is not alone watching Jersey Shore, but I am sure I will catch reruns over the week.

I only have one tv in the house and it's a policy I plan on sticking to at least till the kids are old enough to force a change...

Yeah I have a TV in my bedroom too but the kids can't go in there. They have to deal with whatever it is I want to watch.

I will watch the NFL network coverage for sure... and be checking this board to see it all go to shit after the Giants pick

#2 S Barkley ( RB )

#34 M McGlinchey ( OT )

#66 J Sweat ( DE )

#69 A Miller ( WR )

I've seen McGlinchey going as high as 10 but if he hangs around ala Landon Collins then we better take him.