SportsWrath

Jeff Fisher...

Nas

Good coach, from the era that a HC should get more then two seasons to turn a team around, something many bottom feeder teams in this league can't comprehend throughout their history of losing.

I don't see the Rams letting him go any time soon, they know he's been given a shitty hand by having Sam Bradford as his QB, and the team continues to play hard for him.

He made a lot of good points in the article and is a reason why I've been saying TC and JR won't be gone this season, the ownership isn't going to turn this team in the new Redskins of the East. Mara and Company have never blown up a team over a knee jerk season, even 2004 was gradual changes to the product we got in 2007, slowly adding coaches and players to the team to build a winning team.

Good coach, from the era that a HC should get more then two seasons to turn a team around, something many bottom feeder teams in this league can't comprehend throughout their history of losing.

I don't see the Rams letting him go any time soon, they know he's been given a shitty hand by having Sam Bradford as his QB, and the team continues to play hard for him.

He made a lot of good points in the article and is a reason why I've been saying TC and JR won't be gone this season, the ownership isn't going to turn this team in the new Redskins of the East. Mara and Company have never blown up a team over a knee jerk season, even 2004 was gradual changes to the product we got in 2007, slowly adding coaches and players to the team to build a winning team.

Agreed. Those who want to get rid of TC need to ask what's the alternative.. no I'm not saying no one out there is better but it can be a crap shoot and there's something to be said for continuity... I don't want to be the Jets or the Redskins and this team for the abysmal record they have are a few pieces away from being good again (incluidng a new DC and S&C coach)

Well, for all of you pining for another year of TC and Reese... looks like you're going to get your wish. I hope to God the Rams and Eagles blow us out so you all can come to your senses.

We're not a player or two away from being successful, this team needs a complete overhaul.

Well, for all of you pining for another year of TC and Reese... looks like you're going to get your wish. I hope to God the Rams and Eagles blow us out so you all can come to your senses.

We're not a player or two away from being successful, this team needs a complete overhaul.

For once did you ever ask any of how long we think TC and Reese should be on the team? Or even bother to think that many of us consider both of them to be on very short leashes next season.

You're right this team into a player or two away, it hasn't been a player of two away for the last few seasons, it's going to take multiple seasons for this team to build itself back into contender form, and it's going to take a roster overhaul and coaching overhaul to do it. I've been saying this since we missed the playoffs in 2012, the team isnt a player or two away, or a head coach away.

Why than blow the team up (which I've never seen work) by throwing out the most stable figures in the franchise this off season? When you know that the Giant's will be bringing in a new DC along with a handful of other coaches I suspect (special teams, strength and conditioning), why send everyone packing and send the team into a state of chaos like the Redskins. The Giant's have never operated like this, why would they try to start becoming like the bottom feeder teams, who don't even know what team they even are, they have no identity, players are just there for a paycheck.

It takes time and change for a team to build, what do you think happened between 2003 and 2007? Did Mara and Company just press the reset button after every failed playoff run? Or when people wanted Eli and Coughlin looking for other teams?

This site has almost become as bad as the GMB with how some people just think everyone is against them or just have some man crush on the coaches/players.

They are closer than you think though

For once did you ever ask any of how long we think TC and Reese should be on the team? Or even bother to think that many of us consider both of them to be on very short leashes next season.

You're right this team into a player or two away, it hasn't been a player of two away for the last few seasons, it's going to take multiple seasons for this team to build itself back into contender form, and it's going to take a roster overhaul and coaching overhaul to do it. I've been saying this since we missed the playoffs in 2012, the team isnt a player or two away, or a head coach away.

Why than blow the team up (which I've never seen work) by throwing out the most stable figures in the franchise this off season? When you know that the Giant's will be bringing in a new DC along with a handful of other coaches I suspect (special teams, strength and conditioning), why send everyone packing and send the team into a state of chaos like the Redskins. The Giant's have never operated like this, why would they try to start becoming like the bottom feeder teams, who don't even know what team they even are, they have no identity, players are just there for a paycheck.

It takes time and change for a team to build, what do you think happened between 2003 and 2007? Did Mara and Company just press the reset button after every failed playoff run? Or when people wanted Eli and Coughlin looking for other teams?

This site has almost become as bad as the GMB with how some people just think everyone is against them or just have some man crush on the coaches/players.

BiC, I hate to break it to you but teams are blown up and become successful literally all the time.

2011 - Broncos hire John Fox and promote John Elway to GM. A year later they get Peyton Manning.

2010 - John Schneider and Pete Carrol hired in Seattle.

2010 - Trent Baalke is hired as 49ers GM. The next year Jim Harbaugh is hired.

2013 - Andy Reid is hired at Kansas City, and John Dorsey is hired eight days later.

Not only did those teams not "become the Redskins" but they've had a lot more success these past three years than the Giants. We just had a roster overhaul. We just had a coaching overhaul. Do you know what we got? A worse season than last year.

You're REALLY comparing this Giants team to the teams between 2003-2007? Those teams were in the playoffs every year, had a good young core of players and had an up-and-coming (if often frustrating) franchise QB. This team has lost to the last NINETEEN teams its played with winning records. I mean, c'mon man... its not even close. Wins against the Titans and Washington can't mask how flat-out awful this team is from top to bottom. And honestly, I don't care how unbelievable ODB is... and he is awesome, no doubt... but he doesn't make up for four years in a row of shitty drafting.

I've loved this run with the Giants. TC is a Hall of Fame lock in my opinion, and I think Eli has a legitimate case to make it as well. But its over. Chuck Noll had to retire eventually. Tom Landry got pushed out by Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson (how'd that rebuilding project go). It can't last forever, and the sooner we realize it ain't coming back and move on, the better we'll be in the long run.

I think the front office learned their draft lesson in 2013.....the 2014 draft was a high percentage/high character draw.

Kennard gives me hope that Reese and the drafting brain trust have learbed a lesson.

BiC, I hate to break it to you but teams are blown up and become successful literally all the time.

2011 - Broncos hire John Fox and promote John Elway to GM. A year later they get Peyton Manning.

2010 - John Schneider and Pete Carrol hired in Seattle.

2010 - Trent Baalke is hired as 49ers GM. The next year Jim Harbaugh is hired.

2013 - Andy Reid is hired at Kansas City, and John Dorsey is hired eight days later.

Not only did those teams not "become the Redskins" but they've had a lot more success these past three years than the Giants. We just had a roster overhaul. We just had a coaching overhaul. Do you know what we got? A worse season than last year.

You're REALLY comparing this Giants team to the teams between 2003-2007? Those teams were in the playoffs every year, had a good young core of players and had an up-and-coming (if often frustrating) franchise QB. This team has lost to the last NINETEEN teams its played with winning records. I mean, c'mon man... its not even close. Wins against the Titans and Washington can't mask how flat-out awful this team is from top to bottom. And honestly, I don't care how unbelievable ODB is... and he is awesome, no doubt... but he doesn't make up for four years in a row of shitty drafting.

I've loved this run with the Giants. TC is a Hall of Fame lock in my opinion, and I think Eli has a legitimate case to make it as well. But its over. Chuck Noll had to retire eventually. Tom Landry got pushed out by Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson (how'd that rebuilding project go). It can't last forever, and the sooner we realize it ain't coming back and move on, the better we'll be in the long run.

For every success story there are about 3 failures... Pete Carrol sucked major balls before landing in Seattle... and that team benefits from not having salary cap issues... the Broncos got lucky to have Manning... take that away and they're mediocre at best... the 9ers were building long before Harbaugh stepped in... No sir... We're nowhere as bad as you think and I understand how losing can make it seem that way... Reese and TC ain't perfect but no one is... look the Eagles seem to do great every regular season... how many trophies do they have? As ticked off as I am with the Giants not addressing glaring issues (like deporting Fewel out of the country), I can't be mad at them when I compare them to ... well everyone else including the Patriots and GB... last I checked we had to stomp on those 2 to get our trophies... I don't think anyone here has shown as much anger (I'm really close to hating Fewel and hate is a very strong word for me to even flirt with)... but I'm a fiery fan who wants his team to be competitive... But realistically... we're not the raiders, skins, or Jets... and over the last decade, no team has done better than us... TC has his flaws... glaring ones... And the FO is fixing them by forcing his hand to make changes... Shit I'm still mad at the fucking stadium costing more than Dallas' yet looking so fucking vanilla when it could've been the Mecca of everything sports let alone football...

The GM and coach are humans and so long as they learn from their mistakes, then I'm cool with that... for example I and they now know to go for smart guys not dumbasses... athletic ability means shit if you're a dumbass.

For every success story there are about 3 failures... Pete Carrol sucked major balls before landing in Seattle... and that team benefits from not having salary cap issues... the Broncos got lucky to have Manning... take that away and they're mediocre at best... the 9ers were building long before Harbaugh stepped in... No sir... We're nowhere as bad as you think and I understand how losing can make it seem that way... Reese and TC ain't perfect but no one is... look the Eagles seem to do great every regular season... how many trophies do they have? As ticked off as I am with the Giants not addressing glaring issues (like deporting Fewel out of the country), I can't be mad at them when I compare them to ... well everyone else including the Patriots and GB... last I checked we had to stomp on those 2 to get our trophies... I don't think anyone here has shown as much anger (I'm really close to hating Fewel and hate is a very strong word for me to even flirt with)... but I'm a fiery fan who wants his team to be competitive... But realistically... we're not the raiders, skins, or Jets... and over the last decade, no team has done better than us... TC has his flaws... glaring ones... And the FO is fixing them by forcing his hand to make changes... Shit I'm still mad at the fucking stadium costing more than Dallas' yet looking so fucking vanilla when it could've been the Mecca of everything sports let alone football...

The GM and coach are humans and so long as they learn from their mistakes, then I'm cool with that... for example I and they now know to go for smart guys not dumbasses... athletic ability means shit if you're a dumbass.

Its the cheerleaders isn't it and the lack thereof?

Fuck Fisher. I'll admit I got a chuckle out of the Washington coin toss--because Snyder is an even bigger dickhole, but that doesn't make Fisher any less a douchebag.

I just couldn't root for that guy to win without taking a shower afterwards.

Agree he is a Class A ...Hole... fuck him. Hope the owners black list him...

Fuck Fisher. I'll admit I got a chuckle out of the Washington coin toss--because Snyder is an even bigger dickhole, but that doesn't make Fisher any less a douchebag.

This.

How he is still on the NFL competition committee when it was completely obvious that his defensive players being coordinated by Gregg Williams.

This is what happens when you learn under Buddy Ryan.

He's the Rowdy Roddy Piper of NFL coaches.

Watching that game, it was immediately clear that it was a Greg Williams run defense. Just an absolute insult to the sport. It's sad and pathetic that is the way those guys are coached. The Rams will always be a joke and an insult to the NFL as long as Williams mans their defense. The amount of late hits and head hunting that wasn't called was even worse. I hate to see guys hurt but the Rams safety taking out the cornerback was the greatest thing that could have happened...I'm guessing several teeth were lost that day. Picking up the flag after Beckham fucked up the guy that came in and tried to get a cheap shot on him on a ball that was thrown 10 feet over everyone's head was ridiculous, too. The flag should have been upheld out of principle...and Fisher and company should not be allowed to talk the officials out of making that call.

And then Deossie gets nailed with a late hit after the kick returner caromed off a sideline player and kept running down the field in what, in my eyes, was a gentle hit.

Yeah, but when your trotting Sean Hill out has our QB you have no room to brag about RG3's misfortunes. I'll admit they got some players out of the trade, but because of Fisher they have no idea what to do with them

And then Deossie gets nailed with a late hit after the kick returner caromed off a sideline player and kept running down the field in what, in my eyes, was a gentle hit.

Yeah, that has to be coached.... the guy acted like he was in bounds and kept coming up the sideline. There was no whistle either. Total bullshit flag.

Yeah, that has to be coached.... the guy acted like he was in bounds and kept coming up the sideline. There was no whistle either. Total bullshit flag.

Yeah, I agree. The camera showed DeOssie pleading his case to Coughlin and I knew he had to be saying that. It was certainly a late hit, but there was no intention on DeOssie's part....I guess it doesn't matter, but still, you go out of bounds, you don't continue to run up the sidelines like you're in bounds.