All info obtained from www.nfldraftcountdown.com

1st Round: Chad Greenway

Outside Linebacker

Iowa

Height: 6'2

Weight: 242

40 Time: 4.75

Strengths:

Has good size...An outstanding athlete with superb speed and a burst...Smart player with excellent instincts and great football intelligence...Does an excellent job in coverage...Sure tackler...Good blitzer and pass rusher...Pursues well and is solid in the open field...Has good range and makes plays sideline-to-sideline...Has a motor that never stops...Very productive...Good intangibles and a hard worker...Is a team leader and like an extra coach on the field...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:

Will get too aggressive and become undisciplined at times...Needs to hit the weights and get stronger, especially in the lower body...Has some trouble shedding blocks...Was not quite as good in 2005 as he was as a junior after the Hawkeyes lost some key personnel...Tore up his knee prior to the '02 season.

Notes:

From a small town in South Dakota where he grew up on a hog farm...Iowa was the only DI school to offer him a scholarship...Has all the tools you look for and is still getting better...Could easily develop into an impact player at the pro level.

2nd Round: John McCargo

Defensive Tackle

NC State

Height: 6'1

Weight: 302

40 Time: 5.11

Strengths:

Very disruptive in the middle...An excellent penetrator...Has outstanding strength...Consistent performer who had at least one tackle for a loss in every game he played as a junior...Uses his hands and arms well...Active and does a good job of shedding blockers...Does a great job of splitting the double team...Very productive with a knack for making plays in the opponents backfield.

Weaknesses:

The big question is whether his production was due to his talent or merely playing on the same line as Mario Williams and Manny Lawson...Missed five games with a broken foot in 2005...Never put up huge sack numbers...Can do a better job versus the run...Does not have great speed...Will be too aggressive and take himself out of plays at times...Was he Ryan Sims to Williams' Julius Peppers?

Notes:

An academic All-ACC performer...Was overshadowed by all the talent he had around him along the defensive line but came through with three great seasons for the Wolfpack...There are questions but you sure can't ignore the production.

3rd Round: Jeff Webb

Wide Receiver

San Diego St.

Height: 6'2

Weight: 211

40 Time: 4.40

Strengths:

Has good size and a solid frame...Athletic with great timed speed...Shows tremendous body control and ball skills...Has excellent hands and will make the highlight reel catch...Can adjust to poorly thrown balls...Strong and physical...A competitor with supreme confidence...Was very productive throughout his career.

Weaknesses:

Does not really play as fast as he times...Does not do much after the catch...Is not a great route runner...His overall toughness has been questioned...A disinterested blocker...Might have some character concerns as he isn't known as a hard worker and has a very high opinion of himself...Has shoulder concerns.

Notes:

Came through with a big senior campaign and notched 92 receptions for 1,109 yards and 10 touchdowns...Similar to Brandon Lloyd and just needs to round out his game...Has all the physical tools you look for and could end up being a steal.

4th Round: Will Blackmon

Cornerback

Boston College

Height: 6'0

Weight: 198

40 Time: 4.46

Strengths:

Very smooth and an outstanding natural athlete...Good speed and quickness with a burst...Has fluid hips and good feet...Aggressive and a solid tackler who isn't afraid to come up and support the run...Has excellent ball skills and is a major threat when he does get his hands on the rock...Versatile and can help a team in many ways...Is also a premier return man...Hard worker and team player.

Weaknesses:

Lost a year of development at corner as a senior and might need to prove himself to scouts again...Needs to get stronger...Is much better in man coverage than he is in zone...Needs to focus on one position and refine his overall technique...Will take too many risks and give up some big plays...Needs to be more physical.

Notes:

Moved to the offensive side of the ball in 2005 and was the teams leading receiver...His future at the pro level will likely be at cornerback...Interesting prospect who at the absolute least will be a big contributer on special teams.

5th Round: Cooper Wallace

Tight End

Auburn

Height: 6'3

Weight: 251

40 Time: 4.75

Strengths:

Has a big solid frame...Works hard and gets the most out of his ability...Has good, reliable hands...Can adjust to poorly thrown passes well...Does an excellent job as a blocker...Has a lot of experience and possesses tremendous intangibles.

Weaknesses:

Lacks elite timed speed and a burst...Will not stretch the field and is not a deep threat...A bit hulking and is not very athletic...Is not a great route runner...Upside is limited and he may never be anything more than a backup at the next level.

Notes:

Solid but unspectacular player who does everything well but doesn't stand out in any one area...Led the way for some great rushing attacks...A meat and potatoes type of player who isn't flashy but has a solid all-around game and can contribute.

6th Round: Brandon Johnson

Outside Linebacker

Louisville

Height: 6'4

Weight: 228

40 Time: 4.44

Strengths:

Has an outstanding frame that he can easily bulk up...A extraordinary natural athlete...Very smooth and has tremendous speed and quickness...Moves well and has sideline-to-sideline range...Has good instincts...Was very productive...Upside.

Weaknesses:

Is going to have to put on quite a bit of weight....Has to really commit himself to getting stronger...Struggles to take on and shed blockers...Work ethic has been questioned...Needs a lot of development in terms of his play as well as his body.

Notes:

Certainly has some intriguing tools to work with but is quite a project when it comes to physical maturity...Has a lot of potential which could lead to some team taking a shot on him earlier than expected...Probably a long-term experiment.

7th Round: Michael Robinson

Quarterback

Penn State

Height: 6'1

Weight: 226

40 Time: 4.56

Strengths:

An outstanding natural athlete...Has great timed speed for a quarterback...Has a strong arm...Is a dual threat who is just as likely to beat you with his legs as he is throwing the ball...An instinctive runner...Versatile player with experience at multiple positions...Showed good hands in his time as a wideout...Very smart...A team leader with great intangibles who will help the team any way he can.

Weaknesses:

Might have to make a position change at the next level...Is not very accurate...Too eager to run and lacks pocket presence...Struggles to read the field and opposing defenses...Makes too many bad decisions...Doesn't have a lot of experience at any one position...Very raw and will need to be developed.

Notes:

Might project to wide receiver or running back...After years of bouncing around from position to position everything finally clicked for this guy in '05 and he came through with a great senior campaign and really put his name on the NFL map.

All Comments welcome

It reminds of how you play COD. It blows... :LMAO:

JK...looks good. but your 7th rounder sucks.

I don't see there being such a thing as a 7th rounder that sucks, especially the guy with the ability of Robinson.

Can someone explain to me:

a.) Why Michael Robinson keeps popping in Giants mock drafts? Seriously, why?

2.) Why people keep identifying Brandon Johnson as a 6th round pick?

a. Because Robinson is an athlete that can play QB, Wr, and RB which could all use some help. He is athletic and is a different pace of QB than we have had in the past.

2. Brandon Johnson is "Late Round/FA" on www.nfldraftcountdown.com which is where I got all of my info. But he can play DE, LB, and S which is why I think he can even get drafted

a. Because Robinson is an athlete that can play QB, Wr, and RB which could all use some help. He is athletic and is a different pace of QB than we have had in the past.

2. Brandon Johnson is "Late Round/FA" on www.nfldraftcountdown.com which is where I got all of my info. But he can play DE, LB, and S which is why I think he can even get drafted

:doh:

Oh killakyle, Robinson will convert to WR in the NFL, right? Have you seen our roster? We're full of WR...there's no chance we are drafting a WR.

Johnson is not going to play LB, let a lone DE. The man weight 220lbs when wet. Good try.

In other words, Robinson is an athlete with no position, which makes him a project with limited upside. Sounds like a can't miss guy.

BJ will play LB in the NFL and will be drafted in the first 4 rounds. Guys with his size, speed, and ability don't slip through the cracks. I'm not sure where you're getting this idea about him projecting to safety or DE at the next level.

:doh:

Oh killakyle, Robinson will convert to WR in the NFL, right? Have you seen our roster? We're full of WR...there's no chance we are drafting a WR.

Johnson is not going to play LB, let a lone DE. The man weight 220lbs when wet. Good try.

The guys weighs 228 and has a huge frame. He's 6'5 ... he can put up on plenty of weight without compromising his speed.

In other words, Robinson is an athlete with no position, which makes him a project with limited upside. Sounds like a can't miss guy.

BJ will play LB in the NFL and will be drafted in the first 4 rounds. Guys with his size, speed, and ability don't slip through the cracks. I'm not sure where you're getting this idea about him projecting to safety or DE at the next level.

Are we looking for can't miss guys in the seventh round? Anyone with an upside like Robinson I'll take in the 7th round. Not saying he has a great upside that will launch him as a starting position player in the NFL but he still has some nice speed and at least has some value.

Are we looking for can't miss guys in the seventh round? Anyone with an upside like Robinson I'll take in the 7th round. Not saying he has a great upside that will launch him as a starting position player in the NFL but he still has some nice speed and at least has some value.

Yeah honestly I'd take him in the 7th if he's around since most 7th rounders don't amount to anything. His versatility makes him have so much more upside than if he was just playing QB. I doubt we take him, but it would be an interesting pick if we did.

I actually like Robinson in the 7th. I live in PA and watch every Penn State game. I don't like him as a QB but he could come in handy come practice time to prepare us for a scrambler. I think his place would be at WR. Is he a project? Sure. But with his athletic ability its one that could pay off. The 7th round is the place to gamble for big dividends. He could be that guy. There are no sure things this late in the draft. So why not Robinson. I think we should pickup a QB somewhere in the draft to compete with Lorenzen anyway.

My point was that Robinson doesn't have much upside. He doesn't have superior athleticism for any position, except QB ... and simply doesn't have the talent to be much of a QB in the NFL. The word "upside" shouldn't be attached to his name.

I think we should pickup a QB somewhere in the draft to compete with Lorenzen anyway.

The Giants recently added Josh Harris, who has a pretty decent QB prospect from a couple years ago. Although, I still think they may sign a back-up QB (Fiedler?) and make Hasselbeck the 3rd guy.

My point was that Robinson doesn't have much upside. He doesn't have superior athleticism for any position, except QB ... and simply doesn't have the talent to be much of a QB in the NFL. The word "upside" shouldn't be attached to his name.

We never attached "Can't miss" to his name either.

When you have speed and proven that you can make some plays and are available in the 7th round, you have at least a little bit of upside.

We never attached "Can't miss" to his name either.

When you have speed and proven that you can make some plays and are available in the 7th round, you have at least a little bit of upside.

I guess I should temper my sarcasm. I'm aiming too high.

As for your scenario, no ... not if you don't have a position. Look at guys like Eric Crouch and Tommy Frazier, two guys who were better college players than Robinson (I think they each wont he Heisman), and neither of them amounted to anything in the pros.

The Giants recently added Josh Harris, who has a pretty decent QB prospect from a couple years ago. Although, I still think they may sign a back-up QB (Fiedler?) and make Hasselbeck the 3rd guy.

If that happens then there would be no need for a QB. But I watched a lot of Robinson and you greatly underestimate his athletic ability. I know your a Michigan fan but try to be a little less objective. :) Just kidding.

If that happens then there would be no need for a QB. But I watched a lot of Robinson and you greatly underestimate his athletic ability. I know your a Michigan fan but try to be a little less objective. :) Just kidding.

Hey, we beat PSU. In the words of the Swam, I know cuz I was there. But Robinson, like any QB with operational legs, gave us problems.

He has great AA for a QB, but his AA is average at best at any other position. Plus, he's insisting on playing QB in the NFL.

Hey, we beat PSU. In the words of the Swam, I know cuz I was there. But Robinson, like any QB with operational legs, gave us problems.

He has great AA for a QB, but his AA is average at best at any other position. Plus, he's insisting on playing QB in the NFL.

He won't be a QB in the NFL. Its that simple. If he wants to make an NFL team he will have to convert to Rb or Wr. His arm leaves much to be desired. But his legs are an asset. If you watched him at all the year before he was a good WR as well. He ran for over 800 yards last year as a QB. You have to have athletic ability to do that.

He won't be a QB in the NFL. Its that simple. If he wants to make an NFL team he will have to convert to Rb or Wr. His arm leaves much to be desired. But his legs are an asset. If you watched him at all the year before he was a good WR as well. He ran for over 800 yards last year as a QB. You have to have athletic ability to do that.

There is a difference between the AA requisite to be a great college running QB and the AA necessary to play WR in the NFL ... especially with very little previous experience at position.