SportsWrath

So I'm kinda thinking Jones will be starting by week 6 or 7.

BlueInCanada

Eli isn't necessarily the reason they are losing, but he isn't doing much to help them win either. Like it's been pointed out, this team has sucked for a long time. Continuing to play Eli is going to get the exact same thing they have been putting on the table for the last 5 years. Putting in Jones now is a win win situation. Either he is going to begin getting the experience he is going to need for the start of next year, or best case scenario, he comes out swinging, and maybe wins a few games. We wont know till he is on the field, but a small part of me is thinking DJ could bring a much needed spark to this offense.

It would be a mistake to change quarterbacks with no wr's right now. Just wait and give him reps down the line.

There will never be an ideal time to get a QB started for the future. He has Saquon and Engram....that's more than most offenses have, and he's worked with guys like Fowler, TJ Jones, and Russell Shepherd in the offseason. Plus, you hope Sterling Shepherd will be back this week.

There will never be an ideal time to get a QB started for the future. He has Saquon and Engram....that's more than most offenses have, and he's worked with guys like Fowler, TJ Jones, and Russell Shepherd in the offseason. Plus, you hope Sterling Shepherd will be back this week.

Saquon is the best RB in the game, but 'more than most offenses have'? really? Did Evan Engram morph into Jimmy Graham in his prime overnight?

Saquon is the best RB in the game, but 'more than most offenses have'? really? Did Evan Engram morph into Jimmy Graham in his prime overnight?

Right now, Engram is the #3 TE in the league in terms of yards, so more than most teams have? Yes. Is he Shannon Sharpe or Graham in their prime? I wouldn't go that far.

Also keep in mind, Engram would have many more yards if he wasn't in a system which prioritizes the fastest guy on their offense running 0-4 yard routes....

Anyhow, the point is Jones has enough to work with. Let Eli settle with 116-116, or else he's going to end up with a losing record.

I feel bad for Eli.

Mara's idiotic idea that they could "still win games" during a rebuild has basically fucked Eli over in a lot of ways.

He has been dragged on these last two seasons with no hope of a winning record in sight.

He has had a fan base (mostly younger Giant fans) turn against him because all they see is an old QB who can't win games.

And has really held his organization back by forcing incoming HC candidates to have Eli crammed into their roster they want to build.

I really blame Mara and Co for this awful situation they put the Giants in.

Last year should of been Eli's final ride, now we have to watch them parade him out there week after week in front of the media with a shit eating grin on his face saying "Oh you know we just got to play better" while knowing that the Giants are fully going to bench him at some point this year for Jones ala Warner in 2004.

Right now, Engram is the #3 TE in the league in terms of yards, so more than most teams have? Yes. Is he Shannon Sharpe or Graham in their prime? I wouldn't go that far.

Also keep in mind, Engram would have many more yards if he wasn't in a system which prioritizes the fastest guy on their offense running 0-4 yard routes....

Anyhow, the point is Jones has enough to work with. Let Eli settle with 116-116, or else he's going to end up with a losing record.

yeah, they're both good, but that's two skill position players.... there are five on the field for any given play.... we have Saquon and Engram, and?....

even with the full compliment of WRs, I wouldn't put our offensive group at the 'more than most' level. We have a couple # 2 WRs, a couple physical tool retreads, one of whom is out for the season already, and a whole lot of journeyman. Our best WRs this week, in my view, was the guy they just resigned off the street, TJ Jones.... now how shitty a position group must that be for a guy off the street to break onto the field like that?

This isn't a more than most kind of team, this is a maybe just barely enough kind of team... and that is if and only if everyone stays healthy.... and all those maybe-could-develop players actually develop... and do it sooner than later.

yeah, they're both good, but that's two skill position players.... there are five on the field for any given play.... we have Saquon and Engram, and?....

even with the full compliment of WRs, I wouldn't put our offensive group at the 'more than most' level. We have a couple # 2 WRs, a couple physical tool retreads, one of whom is out for the season already, and a whole lot of journeyman. Our best WRs this week, in my view, was the guy they just resigned off the street, TJ Jones.... now how shitty a position group must that be for a guy off the street to break onto the field like that?

This isn't a more than most kind of team, this is a maybe just barely enough kind of team... and that is if and only if everyone stays healthy.... and all those maybe-could-develop players actually develop... and do it sooner than later.

Yeah, I hear you. I just don't see an ideal starting point for a young QB on this team, so might as well get started now. I also see no point in continuing with Eli, given that this team is going nowhere this year, and given that he won't be on the team next year.

Yeah, I hear you. I just don't see an ideal starting point for a young QB on this team, so might as well get started now. I also see no point in continuing with Eli, given that this team is going nowhere this year, and given that he won't be on the team next year.

Not that putting Danny Dimes signals the end of the season, but after 2 games I just cannot let myself believe that the season is totally lost....

the only way I see it making any sense, is if someone will trade us for Eli....

Have you seen our defense? Cole Beasley just schooled us! Lol

I told my son to add Beasley to his fantasy team after watching him against the Jets... I knew he was going to eat our ass

I remember being at the Giants v Redskins Sunday night game in 2007 and I left that stadium thinking the Giants were the worst fucking team ever... and then we know how 2007 ended.. so I can't give up hope JUST yet

I told my son to add Beasley to his fantasy team after watching him against the Jets... I knew he was going to eat our ass

I remember being at the Giants v Redskins Sunday night game in 2007 and I left that stadium thinking the Giants were the worst fucking team ever... and then we know how 2007 ended.. so I can't give up hope JUST yet

That's fair enough, but if I don't see any signs of life this week against Tampa, I'm 100% down with moving on from Eli.

The 2007 Giants were a team on the rise and not in the beginning stages of a complete rebuild.

LOL, no sooner does G talk me into giving it one more game than they make the announcement... Jones is the starter.

The moment we have all been waiting 2 years for. Manning hasnt played poorly but its just not wise to continue holding the franchise back.

Dunno what dumbass thought Jones would be the starter by week 6 or 7, but he was dead fucking wrong, huh?

Suck my maple flavored dick lol

I just didn't see Mara giving away control of the decision that easy.

Him and his brother Chris seem to run this team more than the GM/HC