SportsWrath

Mike Shula New OC

fringe

Not to mention I would assume Shurmur is calling the plays anyways.

Shula is here to take whatever QB the Giants take at #2 and make him not suck, kinda like what he did for Newton.

I don't know about that. Under Shula the Panthers finished 2017 4th in rushing offense. I could definitely see them rebuilding the line and getting Barkley now.

I don't know about that. Under Shula the Panthers finished 2017 4th in rushing offense. I could definitely see them rebuilding the line and getting Barkley now.

I can see the case for Barkley and he's the guy I want.

I just think Mara Jr aka The Bitch, sees a team like the Eagles or Rams and thinks "Rosen is the next young QB to do this"

Beats Sterling Shepard and a bunch of street free agents

Actually their WR core consists of an injured Benjamin a more often injured Olsen, and a bunch of street free agents.

Shula is licking his chops with the talent of WR here.

Shame that the best RB on the team is Gallman though.

Found this little gem at NFL.com:

Don't let the ranking fool you -- I really like the Giants' hiring of Shurmur. He needs to do a better job dealing with his players and the media than he did during his prior head-coaching stint in Cleveland. The safe guess, after talking to people who worked with him in Minnesota, is that he will. And Shurmur's work with Case Keenum this past season speaks volumes. I thought the Vikings would completely fall apart after dynamic rookie Dalvin Cook tore his ACL in Week 4. Not so much. Shurmur got the most out of Cook's replacements, Jerick McKinnon and Latavius Murray.

Now, Shurmur needs an offensive line and run game in New York. I'll be honest: I do NOT like the hiring of Mike Shula as offensive coordinator. His Carolina tenure was marked by underachievement. Don't really see how he helps Shurmur's offense in New York. But I guess that's a crucial point there: It's really Shurmur's offense, as the head coach is expected to call the plays.

In the bigger picture, Shurmur needs to clean up Ben McAdoo's mess, which means accountability and attitude, especially on defense.

They're ranking the 7 HC hires around the league. Shurmur's ranked 6th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916067/article/ranking-nfl-coaching-hires-jon-gruden-matt-patricia-top-board

FYI

Shurmur will be the play caller on offense on gameday. Shula is also going to be the QB coach and won't be calling the offense on gameday. Shula's other responsibility will be creating the offensive game plan each week.

We will most likely see is a combination of both Shurmur/Shula on offense.

Going to be exciting to watch this team take the field and I'm looking forward to it as I feel violated by the 2017 season. I will never speak of that season again.

FYI

Shurmur will be the play caller on offense on gameday. Shula is also going to be the QB coach and won't be calling the offense on gameday. Shula's other responsibility will be creating the offensive game plan each week.

We will most likely see is a combination of both Shurmur/Shula on offense.

Going to be exciting to watch this team take the field and I'm looking forward to it as I feel violated by the 2017 season. I will never speak of that season again.

Dis man gets me.

Its like everything inside me wants to pretend its all gonna turn out good. That they made the right moves, hired the right coaches. I just cant. I think in some ways we are worse off. At least now we are getting high draft picks. At least now they are forced to do something. Will probably win just enough games to stay in the mid to high 20's for the draft, and just enough so they keep Shurmur the whole 5 years. A lesser Jim Fassel area without the NFC championship. Maybe two one and done's.

Id be way more concerned about this if we hired a defensive guy. OC isnt nearly as important with an offensive guy at hc who is bringing his own offense and calling the plays

This. At least they hired a good defensive coordinator to couple with a offensive minded HC

I don't really mind this since he's going to be the QB coach

I could of thought of better names, but...

DeFilippo-Wasn't coming here without complete control, experience in play calling is what is holding him back from an HC gig

Stefanski-Was blocked anyway, but the feeling was probably mutual. He would of been making essential a lateral move. Minny keeps an insurance policy(see above) and will have him work together with Flip

Bevell-Giants aren't the only team that turned down Bevell and there was a reason he was let go in Seattle

Staley-No way the Eagles were letting him come here especially after losing Flip and Reich

Sean Ryan-A name that didn't come up, but a guy I wanted instead of McTrash in 2014. Was interviewed in Cleveland, but Hue didn't want to hand over play calling duties so he didn't leave Houston. Would of been same situation here

All in all you take who's available and Shula isn't that bad. He did solid work work with Cam

Sleeper pick to watch for Giants is Josh Allen. He's a big QB and can move around the pocket. Rosen comes with some 'entitlement' issues and is a bit of a statue

I think the 2nd pick comes down to Darnold or Allen