SportsWrath

Giants Sign FB/TE Rhett Ellison

mastershake

I get the "calm down" notion, but Reese has had months to take care of our cap situation and made it worse by slapping JPP with the tag. The fact is that we have MAYBE $3-4M in cap space left with 3 legitimate holes on the OL, A gaping hole at MLB (Robinson is a FA) and iirc only 2 RBs on the roster. Now I know we don't know what's going on behind closed doors, but with McAdoo coming out with bullshit remarks like he did at the Combine it really looks like Reese doesn't want to admit he blew it with Flowers and wants to force him into the LT spot regardless of what it costs us... which is mind-boggling as Pugh was drafted as a OT and 2 years later he's starting at LG.

This

The moment Pugh was drafted there was talk of moving him to guard.

I distinctly remember "Versatility" talk about Pugh cause he could play all 5 positions on the line, but that still doesn't change the fact Pugh while playing infinitely better wasn't afforded the same "Reese Seal of Approval" that Newhouse 2.0 has received.

Justin Pugh moved from RT to LG because we did not have a LG and needed to solidify the Left side of the offensive line. Now this worked and makes a lot more sense then keeping him at RT and remaining weak across the entire offensive line.

Justin Pugh moved from RT to LG because we did not have a LG and needed to solidify the Left side of the offensive line. Now this worked and makes a lot more sense then keeping him at RT and remaining weak across the entire offensive line.

So keeping a walking turnstile protecting our 2-time Super Bowl MVP QB's blindside makes sense? I'm not questioning the Pugh move. I'm questioning Reese's undying loyalty to Flowers being our LT when he's showing he isn't ready.

So keeping a walking turnstile protecting our 2-time Super Bowl MVP QB's blindside makes sense? I'm not questioning the Pugh move. I'm questioning Reese's undying loyalty to Flowers being our LT when he's showing he isn't ready.

It is a dilemma of his own making

Giants should have signed an offensive tackle and moved Flowers last year. There is nobody significantly better to replace Flowers on the market now, in the draft or on the roster. I like Pugh but know he will struggle mightily against the speedy DE. At this point Flowers isn't the LT out of loyalty, but necessity.

It is a dilemma of his own making

Giants should have signed an offensive tackle and moved Flowers last year. There is nobody significantly better to replace Flowers on the market now, in the draft or on the roster. I like Pugh but know he will struggle mightily against the speedy DE. At this point Flowers isn't the LT out of loyalty, but necessity.

It might be a necessity on March 12, 2017, but it's become a necessity because of our unwillingness to move Flowers prior to this. That comes from him being selected 9th or 11th overall (I can't remember which) and Reese not wanting to admit that his pick wasn't as good as he'd hoped it'd be. I will continue to go back to Flaherty basically getting run out of town in favor of Flowers. So not only will we not move him, but we've fired people FOR him.

I get the "calm down" notion, but Reese has had months to take care of our cap situation and made it worse by slapping JPP with the tag. The fact is that we have MAYBE $3-4M in cap space left with 3 legitimate holes on the OL, A gaping hole at MLB (Robinson is a FA) and iirc only 2 RBs on the roster. Now I know we don't know what's going on behind closed doors, but with McAdoo coming out with bullshit remarks like he did at the Combine it really looks like Reese doesn't want to admit he blew it with Flowers and wants to force him into the LT spot regardless of what it costs us... which is mind-boggling as Pugh was drafted as a OT and 2 years later he's starting at LG.

I get that... JPP tag left me scratching my head...

If we're keeping him (which judging by Chandler Jones' contract seems unlikely) we need to get it done soon so we can spread his cap hit out and actually make something out of the rest of free agency. If not... cut that tag off and get Hankins back in here.

Is that really what our offense was missing this year? An occasional chip block??? We had three TEs on the roster, and another on the practice squad, and we're saying the difference is that none of these guys could chip block?

Flowers and Hart are simply not capable of playing the LT and RT positions respectively, and let's not forget we don't have a RG at this point either.

More of we didn't have a fullback...which apparently is mostly how Ellision was used in Minnie.....Comella...Finn....Madison what's his name....they do serve a purpose.

C. Wagon

• 3 weeks later...

More of we didn't have a fullback...which apparently is mostly how Ellision was used in Minnie.....Comella...Finn....Madison what's his name....they do serve a purpose.

C. Wagon

Hedgecock

and dont forget this guy

hynoski2_medium.gif

The tag was to buy time to work out a long term deal. So he wouldn't hit the open market.

The should have traded JPP away this offseason. I'm looking forward to finding the money to re-sign Richburg next year.

The should have traded JPP away this offseason. I'm looking forward to finding the money to re-sign Richburg next year.

As soon as the season ended, he wasn't theirs to trade. They tagged him to keep him from hitting the open market but you can't trade a tagged player before you sign him.