SportsWrath

Giants Sign FB/TE Rhett Ellison

mastershake

Anybody confirm his blocking ability? I saw it was a 62 from PFF. Is that good?

PFF seems to be the "we like to think we know what we are talking about with silly stats" type of thing.

The talking heads on NFL network though seem to think he's the day one starter and probably better than most of our oline at run/pass blocking.

The Gints probably overpaid for him though, but when youre desperate for help the market decides the price.

I think it is encouraging, now he just has to make it through the pre-season unlike his predecessor. Will Johnson is still on the roster, hopefully makes it through the pre-season this time. Two FB/TE blockers and we just might have ourselves another formation to run out of on Offense.

Oh another reason I like this move.

MacAttack finally has his "H back" type of player like he had in GB. A TE who can lead block, pass block, run block, and catch the ball fairly well out of the backfield or on the line.

Reminds me of a more versatile Kevin Boss.

We're retarded if we go into the season with Flowers and Hart at tackle, and/or a rookie in the LT spot.

With the contracts being signed by Wagner, and what's his face that the Rams grabbed, the moment that the Gints offered JPP the tag there was zero chance they were gonna get a starting OT in FA.

Cause we all know the direction modern offenses in the league are going is fullbacks and blocking TEs. Will Johnson and Rhett Ellision are sure to strike fear into opposing defenses. Who the fuck needs offensive tackles these days.

They're probably cutting Johnson.

With the contracts being signed by Wagner, and what's his face that the Rams grabbed, the moment that the Gints offered JPP the tag there was zero chance they were gonna get a starting OT in FA.

Even Matt Kalil got paid and he's awful. I'd like to see what Reiff got hearing somewhere around what Wagner received I was hoping for Reiff in free agency and Ramcyzk in the draft

Oh another reason I like this move.

MacAttack finally has his "H back" type of player like he had in GB. A TE who can lead block, pass block, run block, and catch the ball fairly well out of the backfield or on the line.

Reminds me of a more versatile Kevin Boss.

Yep going to see more 21 personnel now

Well I guess we can just keep him on the line and block with six instead of signing an O-lineman lol

Lol, well a lame solution is better than no solution at all.

But that was a weakness last year... not enough TEs to help both Flowers and Hart/Newhouse. So its not the stupidest possible move, its just not very exciting.