SportsWrath

Daniel Jones Reviews

Virginia Giant

I get most of my news on the Giants from here and ESPN. I have only seen lots of praise for QB Jones in OTAs. Is anyone out there saying Jones has not shown himself to be worthy of the 6th pick in his work so far on the Giants squad? ESPN is pretty much filled with tweets and stuff saying his deep ball looks to be a strength, not a weakness, that he has looked great, that the coaches will have a tough choice between him and Eli week 1, etc. Is there a devil's advocate out there that has seen him in practices and drills who is still saying he was a huge mistake at 6th overall?

Everything I've read was nothing but positives from OTAs about Jones.

Granted every other QB this year is having the same reviews from OTAs as well.

There is talk though that Shurmur is leaving the door open for competition at the QB spot saying "The best player will play each week" in regards to who starts.

What is anyone going to say? "He stinks and shouldn't have been taken at 34, never mind 6"? Nobody will be able to answer the question about his worth for years. Hell, they still think the Giants paid too much to get Eli. STILL.

Obviously till we see him in a few games, there isnt much to form a good opinion. Im definitely more excited to see though then I was when he was first drafted.

A few players are going out of their way to praise him. Guess that could just be what they are expected to say though.

My hopes are high.

What is anyone going to say? "He stinks and shouldn't have been taken at 34, never mind 6"? Nobody will be able to answer the question about his worth for years. Hell, they still think the Giants paid too much to get Eli. STILL.

To be fair there have been plenty of first year QBs who have been torn to shreds during OTAs by their media base.

If I remember every Eli incompletion/INT was the signalling of the apocalypse to the media his first year.

I read a lot of positives about Lauretta in the OTA's last year.

Look we are not going to decipher the QB position in our lifetime based entirely on our current information system. Jones at this point can be as good as a cross between Christian Hackenberg and Tim Tebow. We will not figure this out in the offseason and God help us during the regular season in 2019. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in 2020.