SportsWrath

Latest Mock Draft has Giants using 6th pick to draft....

fringe

ARI.png

Josh Allen - Edge

School: Kentucky | Year: Senior
The Cardinals are moving back to a 3-4 front. Allen offers elite size and rush talent off the edge to fit perfectly opposite Chandler Jones.

PICK

SF.png

Rashan Gary - Edge

School: Michigan | Year: Junior
Watching Allen come off the board at No. 1 is a curveball the 49ers will need to be prepared for. Ohio State's Nick Bosa is a more polished and game-ready edge rusher than Gary, but San Francisco could opt for explosiveness over refinement.

PICK

NYJ.png

Nick Bosa - Edge

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior
It would be hard to find a better fit for Gregg Williams' 4-3 scheme than Bosa, who can rush from outside or inside and fortify the run defense.

PICK

OAK.png

Kyler Murray - QB

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS)
This is not just some click-bait pick. Murray doesn't have prototypical size. Yeah, I get it. However, when you look at his ability to make winning plays, Murray stands out way above the rest of this year's QB class. He can be weaved into the offense in 2019 and take over for Derek Carr in a year.

PICK

TB.png

Quinnen Williams - DT

School: Alabama | Year: Sophomore (RS)
With all the help Todd Bowles needs on defense, the Bucs will be able to go "best available" on that side of the ball here. Tampa adds an interior rusher to go along with Vita Vea and Gerald McCoyrather than reaching for an edge rusher.

PICK

NYG.png

Daniel Jones - QB

School: Duke | Year: Junior (RS)
This wouldn't be my selection if I were making the pick, but Big Blue needs a young QB to develop behind Eli Manning, and Jones' ties to Duke head coach David Cutcliffe -- Eli's college coach and mentor -- might be all the Giants need to push Jones over the top on their board as they try to make a smooth transition under center.

PICK

JAC.png

Dwayne Haskins - QB

School: Ohio State | Year: Sophomore (RS)
There are still some very good non-QBs on the board here. The Jaguars might have to pass on them for a talented -- but inexperienced -- pocket passer.

PICK

DET.png

Montez Sweat - Edge

School: Mississippi State | Year: Senior
With Ezekiel Ansah likely to depart in free agency, Sweat could step right in at his spot. Sweat is a long-limbed, ascending rush talent who made himself money last week at the Senior Bowl.

PICK

BUF.png

D.K. Metcalf - WR

School: Mississippi | Year: Sophomore (RS)
The former Ole Miss receiver offers a rare combination of size, speed and athletic ability. He could be Josh Allen's WR1 for years to come.

PICK

DEN.png

Drew Lock - QB

School: Missouri | Year: Senior
Lock has the size and tools, but he needs to improve his consistency and accuracy. He could sit behind Case Keenum for a season or compete for the starting job right away.

Drew Lock and Dwayne Haskins definitely seem to have more upside from videos I've seen and what I've read as of late. Daniel Jones is likely just an average game manager at best. He's a poor man's Alex Smith or Ryan Tannehill.

Having said that, I'm not yet sold on Lock or Haskins yet.

Will Grier I need to see more of. He could be the Baker Mayfield of this draft (starter out lower on the totem poll compared to Darnold, Allen, and Rosen...ended up getting drafted before all of them).

LOL, I love how just because Haskins is a black dude, everybody assumes he's mobile. He isn't. His feet (and inexperience) are the big knock on his game.

hey those police chases paid off man... stop the hate :cool:

Also, Gettleman has in the past taken a flyer on a lightly experienced, strong armed, mobile QB with high upside before in Cam Newton, hasn't he? Will he try to replicate that here with Haskins?

No Newton was a few years before Getty was GM.

Although in sure he would like to have a QB like him on the Giants now.

Also, Gettleman has in the past taken a flyer on a lightly experienced, strong armed, mobile QB with high upside before in Cam Newton, hasn't he? Will he try to replicate that here with Haskins?

Haskins is nothing like Newton. He's not as big, doesn't have Newton's arm strength and isn't as mobile

LOL, I love how just because Haskins is a black dude, everybody assumes he's mobile. He isn't. His feet (and inexperience) are the big knock on his game.

He's more mobile than Eli, but he's definitely not a runner.

I don't know why people are knocking his arm strength though. All the highlight reels I've seen have him throwing 50 yard strikes. I know his short/intermediate game is much better than his long ball right now but he has an arm for it.

He's more mobile than Eli, but he's definitely not a runner.

I don't know why people are knocking his arm strength though. All the highlight reels I've seen have him throwing 50 yard strikes. I know his short/intermediate game is much better than his long ball right now but he has an arm for it.

Stephen A Smith just took a world of shit for saying Haskins is mobile.

I think I like Haskins, but he's one of those guys that I know I just don't know enough to really evaluate.

Me too. He's the defensive version of Quentin Nelson... so freakishly strong and athletic that you sometimes wonder if he's actually a human being.

I meant Jonah but if Quinnen is there at 6 and we take him Ill be thrilled too

I can't see a team trading to 6.

There's really no reason too unless Haskins isnt taken at #1 or #2, and the Giants don't want him.

There is often some team that wants to trade up into the top 10 for some reason .......i just dont want a QB in this draft and i would rather accumulate extra picks by trading down if possible and pick up a couple of top linemen too

There is often some team that wants to trade up into the top 10 for some reason .......i just dont want a QB in this draft and i would rather accumulate extra picks by trading down if possible and pick up a couple of top linemen too

I'm all for solidifying the lines and not in favor of taking a QB here... I just hope the Giants don't throw away another pick like they did with Lulu... or Davis Webb for that matter... if you're not seeing a starter material in the top 4 rounds, don't draft that player. Period.

I'm all for solidifying the lines and not in favor of taking a QB here... I just hope the Giants don't throw away another pick like they did with Lulu... or Davis Webb for that matter... if you're not seeing a starter material in the top 4 rounds, don't draft that player. Period.

Everyone throws away picks, can't get them all right. One starter in ten years of fourth round picks.