SportsWrath

Too soon?

Sephiroth

He certainly ignored it last offseason. Anyone with half a brain can see that we have most pieces in place and just needed a league average o-line. i understand with Collins and odb monster contracts coming up you can't invest 5 years of big money in zeitler but whitworth'a age and contract expectation made him a perfect fit for this 2-3 year window we had. Signing a declining #2 wide receiver should not have been our #1 priority. Letting jpp have a 16 mil cap hold for half the free agency period was unacceptable too.

He certainly ignored it last offseason. Anyone with half a brain can see that we have most pieces in place and just needed a league average o-line. i understand with Collins and odb monster contracts coming up you can't invest 5 years of big money in zeitler but whitworth'a age and contract expectation made him a perfect fit for this 2-3 year window we had. Signing a declining #2 wide receiver should not have been our #1 priority. Letting jpp have a 16 mil cap hold for half the free agency period was unacceptable too.

What caught my attention during the game is when the announcers were talking about the FA acquisitions of the Detroit offensive line... I'm not saying they were super stars but evidently there were some decent ones available...

There were. There's this narrative that's been pushed that there was no one available. There might not have been a ton of pro bowlers available (even though whitworth totally is) but there were plenty of average linemen that would be improvements over flowers, jerry and hart