SportsWrath

Too soon?

Sephiroth

Never should have let Coughlin go. Never.

If Coughlin were still here I'd guarantee you Harrison or Collins or JPP... hell, maybe all of our top notch defenders... would at best be on IR, at worst have career ending injuries. Palmieri was the WORST conditioning coach I've ever seen.

Love what TC did here but it was his time to go.

He is a little old to play left tackle....

and undersized

This, so much this.

Fuck I'd just let LeBeau in as HC, atleast he would let a real OC do their thing, instead of trying to prove how much of a "modern day guru" he really is.

Obviously you all know NOTHING of Bill Cowher. He could coach the entire league in one afternoon while playing QB and Left Tackle, and fight Mike Tyson at the end of the day (and knock him out in under a minute).

Do you blame the teacher for your kids failures ? No . Got to want to learn.

Parents encourage and promote a willingness to learn...teachers teach. I don't know shit about calculus anymore...but when that time comes, I'll relearn as best I can and help my kids through it by ensuring they do their homework, ask questions in class, meet with teacher outside of class, etc....but I'll be damned if I'm expected to become an expert in it to the point of being able to teach it to them.

Failures can occur for a whole litany of reasons and it'd be unfair to lump them all on a teacher or all on a parent. I had a college professor who literally never taught...he'd assign homework and spend the next class going over it. Assign more homework and spend the next class going over it. Never did he lecture on anything, nor kept to his posted office hours...essentially forcing the class to self learn a 400 level accounting class. EVERYONE struggled. That would fall on the teacher. Now, had we had a teacher who was available, who taught, who was actually invested in the students rather than resting on tenure - and the student chose not to do homework, not to take advantage of office hours, not to ask questions...that obviously falls on the student.

So I guess in the case of the offensive line...there is some level of a spectrum of blame between coaching and talent/ability/willingness of the players. The failures fall somewhere on that continuum. I'm just of the opinion that it falls more on coaches/general management than it does players. It's simply that the players themselves don't seem to be improving. Even a shitty player with a good coach will improve to slightly better than shitty or with a good coach, maybe even average. Our players seem stuck in their development...and that's why I tend to place more blame on the coaches than the players. Of the 3 groups: GM, coaching and players...I'd place the fault in that order...GM first, coaching second, and players themselves, 3rd.

I'm really torn because Reese did such a good job fixing our defense but bombing the flowers pick and then doubling down on him this offseason really fucked a team that was an offensive line away from being a contender. It's more frustrating than those last couple of rebuilding years under coughlin

I'm really torn because Reese did such a good job fixing our defense but bombing the flowers pick and then doubling down on him this offseason really fucked a team that was an offensive line away from being a contender. It's more frustrating than those last couple of rebuilding years under coughlin

I thin the Eli Apple pick remain a head scratcher too... we needed OL help back then too.