SportsWrath

Sportswrath Chooses...what should the Giants do?

Virginia Giant

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the next Giants head coach be?

• Jim Schwartz (DC, Eagles)
    • Josh McDaniels (OC, Patriots)
    • Mike Smith (DC, Bucs)
    • Pat Shurmur (OC, Vikings)
    • Frak Reich (OC, Eagles)
    • Steve Wilks (DC, Panthers)
    • Eric Studesville (Assistant HC/RB Coach, Broncos)
    • Steve Spagnolo (DC, Giants)
    • Jim Harbaugh (HC, Michigan)
    • Dave Toub (ST Coach, Chiefs)
    • Teryl Austin (DC, Lions)
    • Todd Haley (OC, Steelers)
    • Bill Callahan (Oline coach, Redskins)
    • John Fox (HC, Bears)
    • Bill O'Brien (HC, Texans)
    • David Shaw (HC, Stanford)
    • Brian Kelly (HC, Notre Dame)
  2. 2. Who should the Giants Draft in the 1st round?

• Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA)
    • Sam Darnold (QB, USC)
    • Baker Mayfield (QB, Oklahoma)
    • Saquon Barkley (RB, Penn State)
    • Other player at pick 2
    • Trade down and take best QB available
    • Trade down and take BPA
    • Other

Seems its leaning towards what I said from the beginning Wilks with DeFilippo has OC

Also, NFL.com rumor mill guy is saying the same thing.

Wilks supposedly did everything besides getting on his knees and blowing Mara to impress him.

And I guess he has FlippyFloppy in his back pocket guarantee as OC and future HC.

Reporting is all over the place on this.

So far I've seen Patricia is the front runner, and twenty minutes later that Shurmur is the leader.

Also saw last night a rumor that Saban wants to coach the Giants.

I guess we'll see.

I was pretty anti-Patricia, but he has coached both offense and defense, and is a certifiable genius with a degree in (literally) rocket science.

If he changes his last name to something more manly... like "Bloodgasher" "Bonebreaker" or "Daniels" or something, he might be worth a hire.

I was pretty anti-Patricia, but he has coached both offense and defense, and is a certifiable genius with a degree in (literally) rocket science.

If he changes his last name to something more manly... like "Bloodgasher" "Bonebreaker" or "Daniels" or something, he might be worth a hire.

Beats the hell of out a guy named Cowher. :rimshot:

Might wanna add Patricia back on that list........

Report: Signs point to Patriots defensive coordinator Patricia becoming next Giants coach

Signs are reportedly pointing to New England Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia becoming the next head coach of the New York Giants.
Peter King of TheMMQB.com reported that while the Detroit Lions want to hire the 43-year-old Patricia to fill their head-coaching vacancy, Patricia favors the Giants.

During the Patriots' playoff bye last week, Patricia interviewed with the Giants, Lions and Arizona Cardinals. But there are strong indications he prefers the Giants to the Lions, according to the New York Daily News.
Patricia and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels interviewed separately on Friday in Foxborough, Mass., with a group from the Giants led by president and co-owner John Mara, new general manager Dave Gettleman and assistant general manager Kevin Abrams.

Patricia has been a member of the New England coaching staff since 2004 and the team's defensive coordinator for the past six seasons. He has been with the Patriots for three of their five Super Bowl victories, as well as their losses to the Giants in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI.
This season, the Patriots' defense ranked 29th in the NFL in yards allowed (366.0), but a much more impressive fifth in scoring defense (18.5 points per game). Only one of the Patriots' final 12 opponents scored more than 24 points.

For the second consecutive season, New England allowed just six rushing touchdowns, the league's second-lowest total. Patricia's 2016 defense finished as the No. 1 scoring defense in the NFL by allowing only 15.6 points per game.
Patricia originally joined the Patriots in 2004 as a coaching assistant and the next season he served as assistant offensive line coach. In 2006, Patricia shifted to the Patriots' defensive staff, spending five seasons as the linebackers coach and one year coaching the safeties.

The Giants continue to conduct interviews. Recently fired Denver Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville was scheduled last Thursday, but a snowstorm forced the team to postpone the meeting until Wednesday.
Studesville is the sixth candidate to interview with the Giants, joining their interim head coach Steve Spagnuolo, Patricia, McDaniels, Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur and Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks. The team also asked for permission to interview Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, but an interview has not been scheduled.
--Field Level Media

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/01/10/report-signs-point-to-patriots-defensive-coordinator-patricia-becoming-next-giants-coach/23330044/

I'm wondering if they are going to wait to interview Schwartz too given they didn't get a shot in the off week. If Eagles get bounced this weekend whereas the Pats continue on...will that have an impact?

My understanding was Eagles declined the interview request, so I guess that rules out DeFilippo as well

Super tin foil hat post;

Maybe all these rumors are being spread by the NY Giants via the NY Media, and that they have already been talking to Billy behind the scenes and he's committed to coming.

But to put off any involvement every week some new coach is the "front runner for the NY job".

Super tin foil hat post;

Maybe all these rumors are being spread by the NY Giants via the NY Media, and that they have already been talking to Billy behind the scenes and he's committed to coming.

But to put off any involvement every week some new coach is the "front runner for the NY job".

Just read there's a "sleeper candidate" that the Giants are considering in addition to the top three.

Just read there's a "sleeper candidate" that the Giants are considering in addition to the top three.

i think that Wilks is the insurance / sleeper ...... in case none of McDaniels , Patricia , Shurmur or Schwartz work out ! ( which is entirely possible )

Guess it's McDaniels..who IMO, is the best choice.

I don't want any fat, bearded, hillbilly looking mother fucker coaching or managing any NYC sports team.

McDaniels or the Vikings guy..but the Vikings guy has browns and eagles ties..no thanks.

It's gotta be McDaniels

Im sensing that a lot of these other jobs are more attractive since a new head coach isnt coming in immediately saddled with an inaccurate, immobile two time SB MVP that everyone will freak out about if he decides to try to move on from him. Tough to take a job when the owners and fan base want to live in 2011.

Im sensing that a lot of these other jobs are more attractive since a new head coach isnt coming in immediately saddled with an inaccurate, immobile two time SB MVP that everyone will freak out about if he decides to try to move on from him. Tough to take a job when the owners and fan base want to live in 2011.

lol

Or are you serious?

lol

Or are you serious?

I think he is being sarcastic..the NY Giants head coaching job will always be one of the most highly coveted position in all of professional sports..no matter the state of the current team.

But driz has been getting a little wacky as he ages, so maybe he is serious. Haha

I think he is being sarcastic..the NY Giants head coaching job will always be one of the most highly coveted position in all of professional sports..no matter the state of the current team.

But driz has been getting a little wacky as he ages, so maybe he is serious. Haha

Not to Patricia, apparently. Giants often don't get marquis coaches.

Not to Patricia, apparently. Giants often don't get marquis coaches.

you don't know if the Giants offered him the job.

And the reason the Giants don't get marquis coaches is because they're all gainfully employed with good teams.

It's not like top of the line coaches are readily available