SportsWrath

Josh Rosen

Iceman_NYG

I dont see them paying starting QB money to two players unless they fall in love with someone like Haskins and hes available at 6. Especially when Mannings contract already isnt team-friendly.

I believe Rosen is still on rookie contract

I believe Rosen is still on rookie contract

Im sure he is, still a $4 million cap hit...thats a lot of money to devote to the QB positions. Its cheaper than a vet, of course.

Im sure he is, still a $4 million cap hit...thats a lot of money to devote to the QB positions. Its cheaper than a vet, of course.

yes, far from paying 2 starting QBs. Giants have had the benefit of really cheap 2nd QBs because of Eli being an iron man.

Been reviewing Rosen's 2018. It was brutal, terrible players all around him, guys not named Fitzgerald dogging it on play after play.

But he didn't play well either. Telegraphs his throws with his feet, slow to get the ball out despite obvious and continual pressure, and often failed to get the offense into a play that could succeed. He doesn't play like a smart guy.

He does throw a beautifully accurate pass though.

Been reviewing Rosen's 2018. It was brutal, terrible players all around him, guys not named Fitzgerald dogging it on play after play.

But he didn't play well either. Telegraphs his throws with his feet, slow to get the ball out despite obvious and continual pressure, and often failed to get the offense into a play that could succeed. He doesn't play like a smart guy.

O-line was a mess too. His season was tough to evaluate

I took a look too. If we added him, it would certainly be interesting. Everything was terrible around him and he didn't play well, like you say... but Shurmur has a reputation for being a QB whisperer. If he can get Case Keenum to play well, it stands to reason he could get the most out of Rosen too.

One thing that's weird about him though... he just has a really strange body type. He's 6'4" but he has really short legs, a long torso, and a long neck/big head. He looks like a little kid back there despite his actual size.

I will say I can't recall the last time I've seen so many film breakdowns that were as dismissive of a coaching staff as what has been said about the Cardinals last season. I don't know how many times somebody is breaking down one of their offensive plays, and they say something to the effect of - this play has no chance, what are they doing? why would that even be in the play book? And then there are the plays where they have three linemen blocking two pass rushers, and they block neither.... often appearing completely indifferent as to whether they block anybody or not.... and then there were receivers literally jogging their routes.... so I don't know how to judge Rosen based on that.... or given the speculation in college about his unlikable personality, whether that notable lack of effort on their offense has something to do with him... and no matter whether the fault lies, he might already be damaged goods. And if I'm trying to trade for him, I'm making that case.

I will say I can't recall the last time I've seen so many film breakdowns that were as dismissive of a coaching staff as what has been said about the Cardinals last season. I don't know how many times somebody is breaking down one of their offensive plays, and they say something to the effect of - this play has no chance, what are they doing? why would that even be in the play book? And then there are the plays where they have three linemen blocking two pass rushers, and they block neither.... often appearing completely indifferent as to whether they block anybody or not.... and then there were receivers literally jogging their routes.... so I don't know how to judge Rosen based on that.... or given the speculation in college about his unlikable personality, whether that notable lack of effort on their offense has something to do with him... and no matter whether the fault lies, he might already be damaged goods. And if I'm trying to trade for him, I'm making that case.

I'm with you. I'd give a two, maybe a late round pick with it, but this "let's trade the #6 for him" or the "give next year's first" stuff I'm hearing outta some places is absurd.

I'm with you. I'd give a two, maybe a late round pick with it, but this "let's trade the #6 for him" or the "give next year's first" stuff I'm hearing outta some places is absurd.

ordinarily I would think it was a bad idea, but in this case I could go either way on this years 2nd vs. next year's 1st.... only because I view the 2019 draft as deep exactly where the Giants need the most help. So in this rare case, I think the 2019 second is about as valuable to us as next year's 1st.

I would never, ever give up the 6 for Rosen though.

Charley Casserly now blasting Josh Rosen. "Doesn't work hard enough. Doesn't study enough. Doesn't connect with teammates. Goes off the game plan." "Josh Rosen, when you go to your new team, you find out what time the janitor comes in. Then you come in and open the place up."

https://twitter.com/willbrinson/status/1105160533832069120?s=21

One of the replies called this bs.

I know, Ive just been super into this off season, reading anything I can possibly Giants related.

Although this isn't the first time Rosen has been called lazy and having a attitude like he's better than training/studying.

But it's twitter so lol

I know, Ive just been super into this off season, reading anything I can possibly Giants related.

Although this isn't the first time Rosen has been called lazy and having a attitude like he's better than training/studying.

But it's twitter so lol

True... that was a major concern last year in drafting Rosen. I think we better stay away.

• 4 months later...

Might as well not even bother with preseason games then huh? One week into camp and their QB situation is all set.

This came from the HC, he said Rosen is on the bench week 1, he "isnt where he needs to be to be a starter in the NFL" according to Flores(sp?)

I'm sorry but your HC says you're not ready, unless Fitz-magic blows an ACL, Rosen aint starting lol

I mean unless you want to look like some weak willed coach who doesn't know what he's doing ala McAttack.

Rosen needs a year to sit back and catch his breath, learn the game, etc.

Yeah in hindsight I am glad we did not make a move to get him... Even if he would be sitting behind Eli for this season, or part of it, if he is not walking into that Dolphins camp as the number 1 it has me suspect, and if walks out of camp not being the guy... will he ever be ready to take over