SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

I mean in all reality neither Webb or Lalaluluette are going to start in the NFL at any point outside of catastrophic injuries to whatever team they are on.

Yeah I didn't have any illusions that he was the future, but in a pinch for two games I'd much rather have him than the two guys we've got.

Hope he doesn't get picked up by the Eagles or Cowboys with all that film room experience

Is there even a film room? I mean they all have tablets. Maybe that was his problem he could thread a projector but not a pass in the slot...

I've said it before, Webb was a MacAdoodoo guy, Shurmur and Getty both wanted someone different backing up Eli since they drafted Lulu.

I mean in all reality neither Webb or Lalaluluette are going to start in the NFL at any point outside of catastrophic injuries to whatever team they are on.

So they keep the lesser guy so they dont look like they threw away the pick?

So they keep the lesser guy so they dont look like they threw away the pick?

lol "lesser guy"

They didnt draft the pick, it was the last generation of failure that drafted Webb.

They also picked up 7 other players from other teams off the waiver wire, and cut a bunch of JRs failures.

We've seen Webb for a total of 8 pre season games, the coaches have seen him for the last two years, but yeah we fans know that Webb is the next HoF QB waiting in the wings that no one else knows about.

At what point is Webb a better QB than Tanney?

well that is what is confusing me about this... releasing the QB running fourth, that I understand. But - if Webb wasn't going to be the backup, then why have him running with the 2s? Why sit him out the 4th preseason game? Why not give those snaps to the back up, apparently Tanney - who was running 4th all the way until this point.

What.... happened? It doesn't really make sense.

I can only figure a couple of things....

….Was Gettleman just trying to stoke trade value for Webb. with no intention for him to ever make the roster?

….Did Webb shit the bed in some off the field respect?

well that is what is confusing me about this... releasing the QB running fourth, that I understand. But - if Webb wasn't going to be the backup, then why have him running with the 2s? Why sit him out the 4th preseason game? Why not give those snaps to the back up, apparently Tanney - who was running 4th all the way until this point.

What.... happened? It doesn't really make sense.

I can only figure a couple of things....

….Was Gettleman just trying to stoke trade value for Webb. with no intention for him to ever make the roster?

….Did Webb shit the bed in some off the field respect?

I could see that being part of it.

I guess the Raiders were the front runner for a trade but they went and got McCaron.

I mean the coaches decided he was the QB with the least value on the team, and they released him according.

Fuck two years ago this guy was an absolute waste of a pick, now people are acting like he was bringing something to the table.

He's Nassib 2.0 that the staff tried to trade away.

I could see that being part of it.

I guess the Raiders were the front runner for a trade but they went and got McCaron.

I mean the coaches decided he was the QB with the least value on the team, and they released him according.

Fuck two years ago this guy was an absolute waste of a pick, now people are acting like he was bringing something to the table.

He's Nassib 2.0 that the staff tried to trade away.

Yeah, you know what the coaches were thinking? Sounds more likely that the coaches didnt want a guy that wasnt quote their own. Seems like an ego driven move more than anything.

Yeah, you know what the coaches were thinking? Sounds more likely that the coaches didnt want a guy that wasnt quote their own. Seems like an ego driven move more than anything.

HAHHAHAHHA

In the NFL where you can get booted after a single year you think Shurmur and Getty are throwing their ego around?

HAHAHAHA

And you think you know better than NFL coaches when judging how to build a team?

At what point was 31 year old Tanney better than Webb?

Neither have starting experience how can you judge career back ups?

Webb has upside...Tanney does not.

Such as?

And why the fuck are people so high on Webb?

His draft position?

All the stuff coming out of the homers at Giants camp saying he's the next Joe Montana? Everyone had a good camp accroding to them we have a roster full of 53 HoF players (Not to mention we are all guilty of it)

The guy up to this point has been a Hefty Lefty, Ryan Nassib, *insert whoever else backed up Manning* but for some reason he's was "the next franchise QB" who the current staff sent packing because of their ego.

LOL give me a break.

And the media and their "hurr durr if Eli gets hurt or Barkley doesnt pan out the Giants are screwed" no shit they were screwed even with Webb on the team or drafting Darnold.

Are you sure thats all he is? Is Tanney ever going to be more?

What upside does Webb have? He had a strong arm and nothing more. Tanney will hold the clip board with an excellent enthusiastic performance. Tanney who the fuck care. The gymnasts is they back up

I'm done trying to figure out the Gettleman game, I'll just sit back and watch the show now.

Yeah I would have kept Webb, released Tanney, Releasing Webb gives us nothing but a couple bucks. Lauletta is not even close to ready and the one thing I can count on Tanney to do is hold on to the ball.

Giants said they were all in on Eli Manning. They meant it.

What upside does Webb have? He had a strong arm and nothing more. Tanney will hold the clip board with an excellent enthusiastic performance. Tanney who the fuck care. The gymnasts is they back up

I dont know what logic theres to reducing the man to one attribute. The last time he played he did very well... and the last time noodle arm played it was raining interceptions....

Webb had a solid college career as well.

And why the fuck are people so high on Webb?

His draft position?

All the stuff coming out of the homers at Giants camp saying he's the next Joe Montana? Everyone had a good camp accroding to them we have a roster full of 53 HoF players (Not to mention we are all guilty of it)

The guy up to this point has been a Hefty Lefty, Ryan Nassib, *insert whoever else backed up Manning* but for some reason he's was "the next franchise QB" who the current staff sent packing because of their ego.

LOL give me a break.

And the media and their "hurr durr if Eli gets hurt or Barkley doesnt pan out the Giants are screwed" no shit they were screwed even with Webb on the team or drafting Darnold.

Coming from the guy defending Tanney? Why are you so high on Tanney?

This is the same level of unbridled outrage as when you ranted and raved about David Wilson.

HAHHAHAHHA

In the NFL where you can get booted after a single year you think Shurmur and Getty are throwing their ego around?

HAHAHAHA

And you think you know better than NFL coaches when judging how to build a team?

Neither have starting experience how can you judge career back ups?

Such as?

Heres the judgement criteria...which of these two has the higher likelihood to be a starter in this league five years from now? If you had to pick one, who would you pick?

Youd pick Tanney because...reasons...

Oh wait...the giants FO did it, therefore you blindly follow.