SportsWrath

Shurmur expected to be next HC of the Giants

UK-Giantsfan

You look at this overall body of work and still i dont see a guy who is any better than the guy who finished tbe season as coach. You guys might laugh that off but its more than fair.

I think you're being fair, but I also think someone entirely new is what is wanted..a completely new staff

You look at this overall body of work and still i dont see a guy who is any better than the guy who finished tbe season as coach. You guys might laugh that off but its more than fair.

I agree. Looking over Shurmur's career, I see some similarities with McAdoo. Hope second time around if he is the next head coach for the Giants that he has learned from the mistakes.

Very easy to just want a new coaching staff, front office and players. I prefer what works over new and there is more that worked than needs to be replaced.

I am pretty sure booyah is talking about spags, not macadoo as he said the coach that finished the season.

Boo...how about some clarification please?

McApoo just interviewed with the Browns for OC.

spags

I'm the dumbest, smart guy ever. Im like the Chinese but opposite..they're brilliant in the classroom, lab, Dr. Office et...but can't figure out if an elevator goes up or down to save their lives.

I have useless knowledge and couldn't pass a bmcc entrance exam

The reason I'm not down on Spags being hired is twofold. This crop of available coaches is pretty much the shits overall, a bunch of guys who basically flopped elsewhere as head coaches or a bunch of position coaches who aren't even coordinators yet, and that's a red flag to me.

Second, the obvious truth here is that 2 years ago, when they interviewed McAdoo and Spags, they fucked up and hired the wrong guy. It was easy to validate Spags not getting over McAdoo then, but as it turns out, the better coach is still an employee. His players like him and will play for him , the fans for the most part will always like him. And Spags has to get an OC now to coach the offense. You want to bring Frank Reich in, go ahead, make him an OC and I bet he'll take it. And he's responsible for the Spagatar.

The other thing here is this, this front office has shown in the last few years that they have an issue making good decisions. Coughlin is gone because they smelt some Green Bay from Mc Adoo and then realized he didn't bring Rodgers with him. They fucked up the Eli mess. Recently, the Raiders went and got fucking Gruden. I'm not a Gruden fan, but there are plenty, and you have to wonder how a team like the Giants couldn't get their shit together and at least contact him a month ago. Hell, they can't even get Mara and Tisch into the same room to interview, Tisch does a second interview later it seems. Gettleman basically falls into their lap because he's available and he's a former employee.

Look as much as I like Spags overall, I'm not stupid. It's not exciting. Fact is, outside of Patricia and McDaniels, I honestly see no-one out there that is much better than Spags right now. I think McDaniels could be the next coming of Pete Carroll, who was too immature but was better the second time around. But he's probably ending up in Indy

That's my feeling, we'll see.Watch tomorrow they'll hire Mike Smith.

I'm on board with Shurmer and not too crazy about Spags being HC and here's why:

- I love Spags... but his strength seems to be at DC... he's good at it. I won't let this shitty season cloud that... the dude has proven time and again that he can bring it.... And let's not pretend JPP and Vernon played lights out.. they faded a lot.

- Shurmer brings valuable experience which address our biggest weakness... in rebuilidng the OL... not too long ago the Vikings' OL was atrocious... that was turned around in one season.. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/01/a_blueprint_for_the_giants_how_the_vikings_overhau.html

- Shurmer is an offensive guy... and that's where we need help most as Spags is solid where he is...