SportsWrath

Shurmur expected to be next HC of the Giants

UK-Giantsfan

And to offer some more insight, I dont want anyone who is thin and doesnt have a beard

Funny you say that.... I think the opposite...

Shurmer was my 2nd choice.... and the fact he isnt a fat fuck is a good selling point...

I think I favored Reich but Shurmer was up there too.... Didnt the Eagles deny the Giants request to interview Reich?

Starting QBs under Shurmur:

2002: McNabb/Detmer/Feeley

2003: McNabb

2004: McNabb/Detmer

2005: McNabb/McMahon

2006: McNabb/Garcia

2007: McNabb/Feeley

2008: McNabb

2009: Bulger/Boller/Null

2010: Bradford

2011: McCoy/Wallace

2012: Weeden/Lewis

2013: Vick/Foles

2014: Foles/Sanchez

2015: Sanchez/Bradford

2016: Bradford/Hill

2017: Keenum

Haha you guys are too much with the weight thing. Belichick better get a lap band if hes serious about getting this job

Only because you brought it up.... look at our military.... how many fat generals do you see out there?

Only because you brought it up.... look at our military.... how many fat generals do you see out there?

I didnt bring it up, I was responding. But how many thin 5 time super bowl champs have you seen in the last 30 years?

Just FYI guys, Shurmur wants to bring Keenum with him. Is everyone going to have a bitch fit when Manning stinks and Keenum gets the nod?

Id take keenum but i dont see Minnesota letting him go anywhere. And I will be furious if he brings Bradford with him

I was honestly looking for a defensive minded head coach, but I like what a lot of people are saying about Shurmer.

I want Spags gone...as much as I appreciate him as a DC...the team has gone through the half-hearted changes when McAdoo came in. The whole house needs cleaned, not just certain rooms. Not to mention, I can't imagine Spags wanting to work as DC for a HC who beat him out for the position. That would just seem awkward to me.

Id take keenum but i dont see Minnesota letting him go anywhere. And I will be furious if he brings Bradford with him

From what I have read, Shurmur and Keenum are considered a package deal....no way the Giants could or should pay Keenum but Id love to have Keenum starting over Manning.

I read it too but since those reports came out he walked on water in front of 80k home fans. If he left minny Im sure this is his number one preference but right now they are crazy to not bring him back next year

Just to be clear, I have no problem with the weight of the HC....it's the big ironic or hilly beard that turns me off.

I know a lot of men use facial hair like women use make-up...hide a double chin, cove bad cheekbones ect.

I don't have a problem with that either.

It's the having a beard because it's trendy or because they're a hill Billy that I dislike

And to offer some more insight, I dont want anyone who is thin and doesnt have a beard

Just to be clear, I have no problem with the weight of the HC....it's the big ironic or hilly beard that turns me off.

I know a lot of men use facial hair like women use make-up...hide a double chin, cove bad cheekbones ect.

It's the having a beard because it's trendy or because they're a hill Billy that I dislike

I like hillbilly beards, but not trendy hipster beards.

Wanna know how I know you guys are gay? :laugh:

Maybe he is to busy coaching to worry about shaving.

Here's a more sobering look at Shurmur.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bigblueview.com/platform/amp/2018/1/16/16897196/pat-shurmurs-past-offenses-leave-a-lot-to-be-desired-ny-giants

If he gives a Browns-type performance and we fuck up drafting a QB, this team could be bad for a long time.

I'm sure whoever the new HC is they would be writing articles like this.

Even Billy, they would have "Oh he won all those SBs but lets look at those years that he didnt, and why it might just not work"

Here's a more sobering look at Shurmur.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bigblueview.com/platform/amp/2018/1/16/16897196/pat-shurmurs-past-offenses-leave-a-lot-to-be-desired-ny-giants

If he gives a Browns-type performance and we fuck up drafting a QB, this team could be bad for a long time.

Good what it's with, being surrounded by ineptitude has an impact. First time oc in st Louis with a first time head coach. First time head coach in Cleveland. Working with a destined to fail offensive hc I Philly, but still managed to do some good. He's been around the block, experienced some failure and success and learned his lessons. Things have to line up right, a guy that's been humbled but has experienced success, the right qb, a team, Gm, and ownership on the same page. It's a pretty good situation in ny for him meeting those criteria, but only if they draft a qb. I really hope he doesn't do something fucking cute and try to bring Keenum when he's got the second pick and two or three really good options there for him. I don't want Alex Smith, I want the guy that's gonna win it on his own if he has to.

I think his first year in Cleveland was the lockout year too so no minicamps and stuff like that. Then haslem bought the team before his second year. I preferred a defensive guy with a strong personality but theres nothing on Shurmers resume that really raises any red flags to me.

Maybe he is to busy coaching to worry about shaving.

I hate shaving, personally, I shave once every ten days or so...but it literally takes less than ten minutes to shave and I have very sensitive skin, if i were to shave every other day, I'd look like I had a skin disease.

No excuse that he is too busy coaching not to shave