SportsWrath

So who is calling the plays/game planning the offense?

BlueInCanada

When MacAttack was brought in by JR to be his buttbuddy, it was in hopes that he would bring the same type of offense that the Packers run.

Now that he is HC and Sullivan has been promoted to OC, which of these two are actually doing the heavy lifting? In GB the head honcho of the offense was McCarthy, from game planning to play calling he was the guy, leaving no room for BigMac to get much experience with game calling.

Sullivan was the Tampa Bay OC during the 2012/2013 seasons during which the Bucs were the laughing stock of the NFL.

Are we now going to get a new type of offense implemented in 2016? A combination of the bastardization of the Green Bay/Tampa years, just trying to cram it into the players we have now?

Is McAdoo still going to be calling plays or has he handed the duties over to Sullivan, and he is now the one making the big calls during the game?

I believe Sullivan is calling plays but I'm not absolutely certain. Heard it on the radio around week 1.

See and I have no problem with that outside of a select few HCs I don't think the HC should be calling plays.

However does that mean that the offense is no longer the same that McAttack was trying to implement? Is Sullivan going to do his own thing?

I mean I've been trying to read around on the subject but I never really found a clear answer to the whole idea of "Are Eli and crew learning a whole different offensive philosophy this year under Sullivan, or is McRib still the architect?"