SportsWrath

Davis Webb Will Be Ready When It’s Time to Step Out of Eli Manning’s Shadow

Tempest

I don't buy into that... it assumes players are too stupid to grasp football... I see 11 and 5 given our offensive weapons, a revamped OL, and an aggressive defense... oh a defense that actually has linebackers now. :o

I'm not sure if they're pessimists or attempting to use reverse psychology. :giants:

11-5 is perfectly reasonable because every schedule is hard until the season starts. Just for fun, lookup how many times brutal schedule pops up in the forums :D

I'm not sure if they're pessimists or attempting to use reverse psychology. :giants:

11-5 is perfectly reasonable because every schedule is hard until the season starts. Just for fun, lookup how many times brutal schedule pops up in the forums :D

For me, its a form of superstition. Every time I predict good things for the Giants, bad things happen.

It's amazing how many still young players have been on the Giants and can't get signed anywhere else.

And of all people to get signed, it was two guys from our atrocious offensive line.

Pugh is a lot better than what most of us give him credit for, he's just off the field more than he is on it and you can't count on a guy like that to be there.

When he was healthy the Oline was good, but when he wasnt it suffered from having to shuffle guys around.

Richburg he's a starter in the NFL no question about it, but Jones had shown he could fill his place and come in at a cheaper price tag.

It's weird to think the entirety of the Oline was blown up.

Solder, Oh Mama, Jones, Hernandez, with Flowers being the only thing remaining from previous years.

Well, I saw the same issue with Richburg and Pugh - both were very weak at the point of attack. Both had good feet, both good pass protectors if not blocking someone too strong. Linval Joseph more or less convinced me that neither are plus players though. Just average filler.

A lot of Pugh's value is versatility... But I wouldn't have had him on my board as a 1st rounder, and as long as he was a starter I'd be trying to upgrade that position. He doesn't start on one of the good OLs in the league.

Well, I saw the same issue with Richburg and Pugh - both were very weak at the point of attack. Both had good feet, both good pass protectors if not blocking someone too strong. Linval Joseph more or less convinced me that neither are plus players though. Just average filler.

A lot of Pugh's value is versatility... But I wouldn't have had him on my board as a 1st rounder, and as long as he was a starter I'd be trying to upgrade that position. He doesn't start on one of the good OLs in the league.

I think you're under valuing Pugh by a lot but Richburg you got pegged, he just isnt that strong for an NFL center, just you're average starter.

The perception that Pugh was off the field due to injury more than on is far from reality. He played three different positions (RT, LT, LG) for the Giants most games and only last season did he wind up missing half a season. Pugh was the best offensive lineman on the field for the NY Giants four of the years he was a Giant. Only reason why Pugh isn't a Giant is because we needed a LT and bringing back Pugh was a luxury.

Now lets get back to Webb

maxresdefault.jpg

I don’t know why you guys spend so much time on 2nd and 3rd string QBS WHILE WE HAVE SUCH BIGGER PROBLEMS. Who’s going to punt and kick and long snap!?!?,.?,?

DeOssie is still on the team no?

Punter and kicker who knows, the NFL has fallen far in terms of kicking and punting talent, before you could just claim a guy off waivers and he was your 10 year starter.

Now it seems like these guys coming out of college cant hit anything.

Punter and kicker who knows, the NFL has fallen far in terms of kicking and punting talent, before you could just claim a guy off waivers and he was your 10 year starter.

Yeah, it sure seems like it but we don't talk about that much. I would have guessed that the growing popularity of soccer would expand the talent pool, but that clearly hasn't been the case.

My post was intended sarcasm. But...

I just heard that Nick Saban has never spent a scholarship on a kicker. Theyre all walk ons Considering that the odds are good that this walk on is going to have more than one Game hanging in the balance on his leg, thats a lot of faith in a walk on. And may explain the dearth of talent.