SportsWrath

I read an article on yahoo about Hughes saying some scouts are now

thinking he is only a 3rd or 4th starter now. Some are saying he looks

completely overwhelmed by major league hitting.

I definitely wouldn't say that about him yet. A very few select pitchers have come into the Majors, especially the AL recently (not a dig at the NL, just the facts) and dominated hitters right away. Most take at least a year or two to find their way and learn how to pitch at the Major League level. The point is, it's very short-sighted to declare guys with great stuff to be mediocre after their first year in the bigs. I remember more than a few "Beckett's a bust" posts here at this time last year.

Anyway, according to your criteria, Hughes is a bust.
how do you figure? Ive projected Huges to become a number 1/2+ type of starter and at 21 years old with 10 major league starts, its hardly enough to pass any type of judgement. My projection for Daisuke was done well before the red sox ever won the rights to sign him si its not that Im biased in this. Cant you just admit I was right and give me some credit? BTW, I never said Daisuke was a bust, I said he was a number 3 starter; not worth the money spent. 100 million dollars for a number 3 starter that will be a number 5, a bullpen arm or out of the league by the time his contract is up.

I read an article on yahoo about Hughes saying some scouts are now

thinking he is only a 3rd or 4th starter now. Some are saying he looks

completely overwhelmed by major league hitting.

whoever those scouts are, theyre fucking morons....Phil Hughes BAA .220. yeah thats so overwhelming.

He's 21 years old and is coming back from 2 leg injuries. Like Ive been saying, I would have liked him to have spent the season in AAA. I still project him to be a 1/2+ type of starter, but we wont see the real Phil Hughes until next season. If he gets bombed next year, which I highly doubt he will, ill be the first one to say I was wrong.

with 10 major league starts, its hardly enough to pass any type of judgement.

"545...140...thats Daisuke era and whip...bwhahahahahaha.....at least we knew our Jap pitcher was going to blow.....but he did beat the Yankees 2 times...10 er in 13 IP against them...he's as much as a Yankee killer as Josh Blister....oh yeah...the sox are paying 57 million dollars this year for a guy with those numbers" -MakeMeSomeFoodHo, 5/4/2007, after Dice K's 6th Major League start.

Not to nitpick, but your argument is all over the place.

"545...140...thats Daisuke era and whip...bwhahahahahaha.....at least we knew our Jap pitcher was going to blow.....but he did beat the Yankees 2 times...10 er in 13 IP against them...he's as much as a Yankee killer as Josh Blister....oh yeah...the sox are paying 57 million dollars this year for a guy with those numbers" -MakeMeSomeFoodHo, 5/4/2007, after Dice K's 6th Major League start.

Not to nitpick, but your argument is all over the place.

how is that? Ive said from the very begining that he was nothing more than a number 3 starter. people(not just red sox fans) were making as if he was going to come into the league and have Dwight Gooden like rookie dominance. If you look through the entire thread my arguement stays exactly the same. again, nice try

And Josh Beckett has an era over 6 against the yankees since joining the red sox

how is that? Ive said from the very begining that he was nothing more than a number 3 starter. people(not just red sox fans) were making as if he was going to come into the league and have Dwight Gooden like rookie dominance. If you look through the entire thread my arguement stays exactly the same. again, nice try

And Josh Beckett has an era over 6 against the yankees since joining the red sox

Looks like you get my point.

Anyway, anything Josh Becket has or hasn't done against the Yankees is moot come the weekend and beyond. His last start against them would've been a quality start if Francona had taken him out when he should've. I'll take my chances with the guy who made them look feeble a few years ago when all the chips were on the table.

Looks like you get my point.

Anyway, anything Josh Becket has or hasn't done against the Yankees is moot come the weekend and beyond. His last start against them would've been a quality start if Francona had taken him out when he should've. I'll take my chances with the guy who made them look feeble a few years ago when all the chips were on the table.

he did abuse us then, but ever since, the Yankees have handled him.

he did abuse us then, but ever since, the Yankees have handled him.

I hear you. I'd be lying if I said I'm very confident about the Sox pitching against the Yanks, either this weekend or possibly in the playoffs. They just do not match up well. It's just maddening watching them work the pitch counts up to 60 and 70 by the 3rd inning against us, yet they get shut down by guys like Andy Sonnenstein. On the other side, Wang and Pettite seem to have no trouble with our lineup.