SportsWrath

I woke up today angry as an LA rioter

xxi-xxv

Not because we lost that game, but because I feel cheated as a fan. There is no reason that Tiki Barber should retire. Running backs in this league usually lose it all at once and this guy is STILL as good as anyone around. If Tiki had a year where he slumped and dropped off and that was it and he wanted out as a fan you could probably say "ok he is losing it", but this guy has lost nothing. I totally respect his reasons for leaving, but I often wonder if Tiki Barber realizes that it is because of the NY Giants and more importantly the NY Giants fans that he is more than just Tiki Barber, running back Ny Giants? For that I am angry. I can only imagine next year after an awful game by our run game when I see Tiki analyze our putrid run game on ESPN how I will feel. Its one thing if we are able to yell at the TV "too bad you are not what you were Tiki", instead we get to say "yeah thanks Tiki, wanna tell us really why our run game sucks ass?". :furious:

i'm still trying to figure out what he thought was so funny when akers hit that field goal.

I told you, he was informed that Carlos Emmons was in on nearly 80% of the snaps as a starting linebacker and failed to register a tackle or assist.

That stat is truly amazing when you factor in that they ran for 160 yards, meaning there were plenty of chances for a LB to at least jump on the pile for an assist.

Oh shut up. It is his decision to make and I respect him for being able to walk away when he is having such success.

You understand you are being selfish? You are laying claim to another persons life when you start spewing such ridiculous slander. This guy has carried this team to the playoffs two seasons in a row and he doesn't want to end up like the majority of players who have the same exceptional skills that he has, who end up broken and worn out at the end of their careers.

I can understand your frustration but really I think you are being entirely selfish and disrespectful towards a player who has done more for this franchise in the last 5 years than any other player.

Oh shut up. It is his decision to make and I respect him for being able to walk away when he is having such success.

You understand you are being selfish? You are laying claim to another persons life when you start spewing such ridiculous slander. This guy has carried this team to the playoffs two seasons in a row and he doesn't want to end up like the majority of players who have the same exceptional skills that he has, who end up broken and worn out at the end of their careers.

I can understand your frustration but really I think you are being entirely selfish and disrespectful towards a player who has done more for this franchise in the last 5 years than any other player.

I will remember that as I read that he SIGNED A CONTRACT THAT WENT BEYOND 2006 and when I mail in my $2250.00 for my 3 season tickets this spring.

Be sure you do. And also be sure to remember that players retire ALL THE TIME from contracts that go beyond when they retired.

Also keep in mind that teams cut players who have contracts that go beyond the contracted date.

Remember that players are traded from teams that signed them to contracts.

Remember that players can walk out of a contract demanding more money.

Be sure you do. And also be sure to remember that players retire ALL THE TIME from contracts that go beyond when they retired.

Also keep in mind that teams cut players who have contracts that go beyond the contracted date.

Remember that players are traded from teams that signed them to contracts.

Remember that players can walk out of a contract demanding more money.

Remember that Tiki Barber told the Washington media that "sometimes during the week with all the other stuff I got going on my mind wanders away from football".

Very rarely does a player walk away from guaranteed money, but when you have 10 million of Disneys money waiting for you its very easy(and yes I know, NFL contracts are not guaranteed, but my gut tells me Tiki was not getting cut this year).

Remember that Tiki Barber told the Washington media that "sometimes during the week with all the other stuff I got going on my mind wanders away from football".

Very rarely does a player walk away from guaranteed money, but when you have 10 million of Disneys money waiting for you its very easy(and yes I know, NFL contracts are not guaranteed, but my gut tells me Tiki was not getting cut this year).

So he admits that his heart isn't in football anymore, do you want a player who no longer feels the passion, no long is giving his all during the week playing for your team? He knows he is losing the desire to play...and of course he has reason to move on.

Of course he wasn't being cut, what does that have to do with this?

Let me add another to the list of things you should remember since you brought it up:

Remember, players retire and leave behind paying contracts ALL THE TIME even though their won't be cut.

I must re-iterate that I think you are being entirely selfish and even worse expecting another human being to do something they do not want just to satisfy your desires.

what bothers me is i dont think he cares about the football hall of fame. He's not an idiot. He knows he's iffy right now. All he would have to do is play one more year at this same level and he's in. He'd be a lock.

If a player doesn't care about the hall of fame, then I dont respect him.

He's got the most rushing yards in the final year of his career. More than any other RB in history. You know how many kids out there would practically die to be the RB for the Giants. You know how many college kids out there would have loved to play in the NFL. You know how many RB's in the NFL wanted to be great and never were.

Tiki had it all, and I get the feeling he really doesn't care.

what bothers me is i dont think he cares about the football hall of fame. He's not an idiot. He knows he's iffy right now. All he would have to do is play one more year at this same level and he's in. He'd be a lock.

If a player doesn't care about the hall of fame, then I dont respect him.

He's got the most rushing yards in the final year of his career. More than any other RB in history. You know how many kids out there would practically die to be the RB for the Giants. You know how many college kids out there would have loved to play in the NFL. You know how many RB's in the NFL wanted to be great and never were.

Tiki had it all, and I get the feeling he really doesn't care.

And that is why I don't care that he is retiring. You think he doesn't care? He has come out and admitted he doesn't care.

When it comes down to it football is a game, nothing more nothing less. If you are devoting more than that to the game you are not approaching it rationally in my mind.

And I will say again, do you want a player who has no interest in the HoF even if he gave one more season on your team?

He HAS been great, and I will respect him for the rest of my life because of what he has done for this team. I will respect him even more for knowing that his life is more important than the respect he would get from fans like you guys. Good for him for recognizing that football is just a game and there are more important things in life.

And that is why I don't care that he is retiring. You think he doesn't care? He has come out and admitted he doesn't care.

When it comes down to it football is a game, nothing more nothing less. If you are devoting more than that to the game you are not approaching it rationally in my mind.

And I will say again, do you want a player who has no interest in the HoF even if he gave one more season on your team?

He HAS been great, and I will respect him for the rest of my life because of what he has done for this team. I will respect him even more for knowing that his life is more important than the respect he would get from fans like you guys. Good for him for recognizing that football is just a game and there are more important things in life.

Yes hobknobbing with Condi and hosting Fox and Friends is what life is all about.

Yes hobknobbing with Condi and hosting Fox and Friends is what life is all about.

And neither is football, if you devote your life to football as a FAN I feel sorry for you.

Besides which I don't know where you are going with that argument since he isn't going to be with FnF anymore.

I told you, he was informed that Carlos Emmons was in on nearly 80% of the snaps as a starting linebacker and failed to register a tackle or assist.

That stat is truly amazing when you factor in that they ran for 160 yards, meaning there were plenty of chances for a LB to at least jump on the pile for an assist.

Wow. I didn't know that stat. But I knew Emmons did NOTHING. I swear I could've made far more tackles than him (not hard to beat zero).. and I'm 5 6". Fuck him.

And neither is football, if you devote your life to football as a FAN I feel sorry for you.

Besides which I don't know where you are going with that argument since he isn't going to be with FnF anymore.

I do not devote my life to football, I have a job, one that requires me to honor the conditions I agreed to work under, kind of like a contract.

Quite honestly I could care less if he is on Fox and Friends, Larry King or fucking Sesame Street.

By the way, I am having a hard time of remembering a player walk away from money at the top of their game as you have said "happens all the time". Oh sure there have been guys like Barry Sanders or Jim Brown(another shameless self promoter), but really when was the last time a football player, making top notch money left? Cut? Yeah all the time, but left? Not often. Of course none of them had 10 million dollar offers from Disney on the table ;)

Wow. I didn't know that stat. But I knew Emmons did NOTHING. I swear I could've made far more tackles than him (not hard to beat zero).. and I'm 5 6". Fuck him.

some noteables that registered more tackles than Carlos:

A man named Sims, backup RB Brandon Jacobs, starting LG Rich Suebert and of course David Tyree, who had 4 tackles.

Yes folks Carlos was THAT useless.

Oddly enough Tiki talked to Sanders at the beginning of the season....

And when did I ever compare Tikis situation to someone at the top of their career? I was simply giving comparisons to other players who walked away from contracts. Never did I say they were at the top of their career.

Strahan has mentioned retiring...he would be walking away from a contract...does that make him a Tiki-esque player?

Toomer has mentioned retiring....same question.

Again I can't remember saying my statements were about specific circumstances but just general statements about ANY player no matter where they were in their lives/careers regardless of age.

I do not devote my life to football, I have a job, one that requires me to honor the conditions I agreed to work under, kind of like a contract.

Quite honestly I could care less if he is on Fox and Friends, Larry King or fucking Sesame Street.

By the way, I am having a hard time of remembering a player walk away from money at the top of their game as you have said "happens all the time". Oh sure there have been guys like Barry Sanders or Jim Brown(another shameless self promoter), but really when was the last time a football player, making top notch money left? Cut? Yeah all the time, but left? Not often. Of course none of them had 10 million dollar offers from Disney on the table ;)

Honestly I don't care where he goes and what he does. I think he gets way too much credit for doing his fucking job.. which is running the ball. Is he skilled? Yes. Is he disciplined? Yes. Did he use the New York Giants to promote himself? Yes. To each his own. I don't hate him but I don't have love for him either. He did what he did because he played for our team for a while and learned the game in our house. Now he goes... enter Jacobs with a different style of running. Goodbye Tiki... you have a lot to do with this season going downhill because you didn't stand up and lead the team. and you yapped to the Media too...

Oddly enough Tiki talked to Sanders at the beginning of the season....

And when did I ever compare Tikis situation to someone at the top of their career? I was simply giving comparisons to other players who walked away from contracts. Never did I say they were at the top of their career.

Strahan has mentioned retiring...he would be walking away from a contract...does that make him a Tiki-esque player?

Toomer has mentioned retiring....same question.

Again I can't remember saying my statements were about specific circumstances but just general statements about ANY player no matter where they were in their lives/careers regardless of age.

mentioning retirement is a tad bit different than actually doing it. Not to mention Strahan at this point is well past his prime, will be 36 and has had season ending injuries 2 of the past 3 years. Kind of on par with my original point that its easier to accept when the guy is breaking down.

Nonetheless, neither is retiring so its a moot, useless point.

You still have failed to answer the question, who are all these players that retire from the NFL and leave money on the table? You said it happens all the time.

You still have failed to answer the question, who are all these players that retire from the NFL and leave money on the table? You said it happens all the time.

You really expect me to go over every single player in the NFL who retires while they are under contract? It happens EVERY YEAR. Do you really think players only retire when their contract is over? Are you that ignorant?

Goodbye Tiki... you have a lot to do with this season going downhill because you didn't stand up and lead the team. and you yapped to the Media too...

totally agree with this statement.

who was leading the pre kickoff rally? Jacobs and Osi while Tiki sat on the bench with the 'i'm done with this shit' look on his face.

granted, he put it all out there on the field but he sure didn't put anything out there off the field except his own self promotion. i'm sure Giants players feel the same as I. it will come out soon enough.

if he announces his retirement today, i have no beef at all

You really expect me to go over every single player in the NFL who retires while they are under contract? It happens EVERY YEAR. Do you really think players only retire when their contract is over? Are you that ignorant?

Yes I am so ignorant I equate the idea of retiring to actually doing so and then ignore when the absurdity of it is pointed out to me. :LMAO:

NFL players at the top of their game making MUCHO money do not walk away from it just like that all that often. It HARDLY EVER HAPPENS. Oh sure guys retire, guys like Brent Alexander(whom no one wanted anymore) and guys like Bob Whitfield(whom no one will want anymore), but guys do not walk away from guaranteed money like Tiki is doing very often. Sanders was the last one, it does not happen all the time and yes not all players play until their contract is over, but all superstar, highly paid players do 99% of the time. Of course most do not have 10 million to talk on TV waiting for them. MOre often than not a high priced star will get cut before they walk away, and more often than not they will hand on for some more.