SportsWrath

Jake Peavy strikes out 16

Since when is the 7th inning a save situation? :confused:

it is. if a pitcher pitches the 7th, 8th and 9th innings--even with a 10 run lead it's a save. also, if it's a four run lead in the 9th and the bases are loaded it's a save situation.

any lead blown during the last 3 innings is a blow save

it is. if a pitcher pitches the 7th, 8th and 9th innings--even with a 10 run lead it's a save. also, if it's a four run lead in the 9th and the bases are loaded it's a save situation.

any lead blown during the last 3 innings is a blow save

I highly doubt Schowenweis was going to pitch all 3 innings. And I knew that rule already and the bases loaded situation.

I highly doubt Schowenweis was going to pitch all 3 innings. And I knew that rule already and the bases loaded situation.

of course he wasn't, but it's still a blown save. once the 7th inning begins whoever has the lead is in a save situation. anyone who gives up the lead gets the blown save and whoever records the final out gets the save. look up his stats for the year, it'll be there.

besides, i didn't go look up every major league team to see if the pads were last, i read it (i think on espn.com) when i was looking up hwo they lost

I can't believe a Met holds an MLB record. :clap:

Oh... I just remembered this one. :doh:

Anthony Wayne Young (Born January 19, 1966 in Houston, Texas) was a Major League Baseball pitcher.

While with the Mets, from May 6, 1992 to July 24, 1993, he lost 27 consecutive games in which he had a decision. This losing streak is the longest in Major League Baseball history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Young_(baseball_player)

i had jsut started reading the sports page everyday during that time, so i remember anthony young quite well, that story totally dominated sports news in this town (wasn't much else going on those summers)

• 2 weeks later...
Jake Peavy is an animal. I wish I got to see him pitch more, his "stuff" is just nasty.

Kudos on those yellow unis, too. :TU:

get extra innings, i'm only going to be able to enjoy it till the end of july and i still think it's worth every penny. i've been glued to my tv all week trying to watch every pitch thrown in the majors

get extra innings, i'm only going to be able to enjoy it till the end of july and i still think it's worth every penny. i've been glued to my tv all week trying to watch every pitch thrown in the majors

It wouldn't be worth it for me. I watch the just about every Met game, start to finish. I rarely watch other teams unless there's a really good matchup on ESPN. I'll have to wait until the Padres play the Mets, but then I probably wouldn't appreciate Peavy as much if he were making the Mets look stupid. When is he a free agent?

It wouldn't be worth it for me. I watch the just about every Met game, start to finish. I rarely watch other teams unless there's a really good matchup on ESPN. I'll have to wait until the Padres play the Mets, but then I probably wouldn't appreciate Peavy as much if he were making the Mets look stupid. When is he a free agent?

hey don't you get any ideas, we got him locked up through 09

hey don't you get any ideas, we got him locked up through 09