SportsWrath

Required to stand for NA

Once again not the point but funny clip.

None of the players would have a platform nor the means to help anyone if it wasnt for the NFL.

Some of these guys go on to fund charities and community building projects with their paycheck every week.

You think Colin the TheKapper would be relevant if he was kneeling while selling car insurance or kneeling before an average joe job?

They can't kneel during the anthem, doesn't mean they cant still support or raise awareness for a cause, just not while on the clock, or in this case during those few moments of the anthem.

Look at the Bucks team, fucking player gets stun gunned for no reason, and the entire team and owners were all still out there standing in support during the anthem.

The NFLs biggest problem would be if teams started to tell players to shut the fuck up off the field, which might very well happen.

"None of the players would have a platform nor the means to help anyone if it wasnt for the NFL."

So you think there would still be an NFL without any black players?

lol

Good luck with that.

"None of the players would have a platform nor the means to help anyone if it wasnt for the NFL."

So you think there would still be an NFL without any black players?

lol

Good luck with that.

What's with you and race? lol

I said none of these players, i.e. all of them.

You can be any race and oppose police brutality and racism, or I guess according to your posts, you have to be black.

What's with you and race? lol

I said none of these players, i.e. all of them.

You can be any race and oppose police brutality and racism, or I guess according to your posts, you have to be black.

Most of the players protesting were black.

That NFL rule is for players "disrespecting" the flag by kneeling.

How many white players did you see kneeling?

Most of the players protesting were black.

That NFL rule is for players "disrespecting" the flag by kneeling.

How many white players did you see kneeling?

How many other players (regardless of race) do you see kneeling in any other 'Murcian sport?

How many other players (regardless of race) do you see kneeling in any other 'Murcian sport?

whats your point? Le bron James supports the movement but he was told to shut up and dribble. Many NBA players support the movement. As for the white cunt owners, its a partnership- players are guaranteed 47% share of the revenue. All these assholes who are quoting the normal employer/employee relationships are just stupid or uninformed. As someone else said, this was a major fu to the players.

whats your point? Le bron James supports the movement but he was told to shut up and dribble. Many NBA players support the movement. As for the white cunt owners, its a partnership- players are guaranteed 47% share of the revenue. All these assholes who are quoting the normal employer/employee relationships are just stupid or uninformed. As someone else said, this was a major fu to the players.

"Many NBA players support the issue"

Yet none of the players see the need to kneel during the anthem despite being told to "shut up and dribble" by those pesky owners.

Shouldn't the NBA be rampant with the same issue?

"Many NBA players support the issue"

Yet none of the players see the need to kneel during the anthem despite being told to "shut up and dribble" by those pesky owners.

Shouldn't the NBA be rampant with the same issue?

Nope because they have owners and a commissioner who support social issues that are important to players. They treat players like partners which they are.

They should have the freedom to peacefully protest, and if that means kneeling during the anrhem, so be it.

However, freedom to peacefully protest, similar to freedom of speech, does not automatically give you freedom from people, like myself, deeming you a fucktard and wishing you'd just shut the fuck up.

Freedom of expression does not alleviate any criticism brought on by it...so when you choose to open your mouth or drop to a knee...know that you're welcoming the whirlwind of critics.

Half the players in baseball aren't American and they all stand for the national anthem.

Baseball been very very good to me!

This whole thing is ridiculous and gone way too far.

Police are horrible people.... everyone should know that by now. I'd love to go on a cop killing spree.

I wish this whole national anthem thing would just go away....and stop playing God bless America during the seventh inning stretch at yankee games....it's the worse.. Kate, I can't sing, smiths rendition at that.

Go.back to take me out to the ballgame

They should have the freedom to peacefully protest, and if that means kneeling during the anrhem, so be it.

However, freedom to peacefully protest, similar to freedom of speech, does not automatically give you freedom from people, like myself, deeming you a fucktard and wishing you'd just shut the fuck up.

Freedom of expression does not alleviate any criticism brought on by it...so when you choose to open your mouth or drop to a knee...know that you're welcoming the whirlwind of critics.

thats fair and democratic

thats fair and democratic

Further, an employer has the right to restrict your outward display of political views while on the clock...and if you disagree with that policy, you are free to work elsewhere...

I worked for the state for some time...and if I was constantly bashing the governor or even quietly, but publicly supporting an opposing party, rest assured I'd be fired for it because I know the rules state I'm not to get publicly involved in that position.

Further, an employer has the right to restrict your outward display of political views while on the clock...and if you disagree with that policy, you are free to work elsewhere...

I worked for the state for some time...and if I was constantly bashing the governor or even quietly, but publicly supporting an opposing party, rest assured I'd be fired for it because I know the rules state I'm not to get publicly involved in that position.

Players and owners is not a employer employee relationship. Its a partnership with players getting revenue share. Plus its not in their contract or bargaining agreement.

sorry, I was referring to the latter - that the requirement to stand for national anthem is covered by the league's agreement with the NFLPA.

the contract specifies that they comply with the league operations manual, the operations manual covers the pregame ritual, and its explicit that they should stand for the anthem.