SportsWrath

Ggirl

feefifoefum

it's only a 2 game series. Does not mean much with 30 games to go right now.

WHAT?! I thought it was a 3 game series. Damn it, that means it's possible there is no winner...

I'm still willing to make the bet with Ggirl or any other Phillie Phan out there.

I would like to make a bet with Ggirl on this series, but my "terms" would be hard to meet on the basis that I am in Tampa! ;)

Does that mean you did not watch John Maines last start intently?

He looks like its wait till next year I guess. :(:(

the Mets wont score again. They look lost after the 6th inning. Just pray the pen wont give up 3 runs in 3 innings.

man does David Wright leave a ton of men on base. :brooding:

Such a shame this game has been played at this place, the two old craft veterans gave up homers(Tatis, Howard) that in a real park would be long fly balls. Their lines would certainly look better.

Does that mean you did not watch John Maines last start intently?

He looks like its wait till next year I guess. :(:(

XXI, I was in Washington D.C. on mission but I am now home in Tampa, I live here. I watch a lot of Mets games via MLB.tv. I did get to see Maine's last start. I was not impressed and I do feel validated they shut him down, but it should've been a start or two ago. I hope rest helps him, and it is clear that he can not be an effective starter until that bone spur is not an issue any longer. To me, especially with OUR bullpen, we need our starters to have the ability to go at least 7 innings. Maine does not have that ability and I'm concerned he won't when he gets back in 3 weeks (if things go to plan). But we will see how it pans out. If he can at least give us some quality starts down the stretch, and they move him to the bullpen if we can lock up the division, I think that is the ideal scenario.

Well, it sucks that Victorino and Werth are coming up in the bottom of the 9th. Those are two guys that have really hurt the Mets this year. This is not a must win, but losing after we were up 7-0 and with the inning ending double plays that killed big chances for more runs, this game has the potential to really hurt the Mets psyche. Hopefully Ayala can prevent that.

Hey guys, how about next time if we ever back into first with any sort of lead, how about we don't gloat over it.

we were 9-4 against them so its not like we did not beat the best

I for one never gloated and feel the Phils will win the east, this Mets pen is as bad as I have ever seen.

XXI, I was in Washington D.C. on mission but I am now home in Tampa, I live here. I watch a lot of Mets games via MLB.tv. I did get to see Maine's last start. I was not impressed and I do feel validated they shut him down, but it should've been a start or two ago. I hope rest helps him, and it is clear that he can not be an effective starter until that bone spur is not an issue any longer. To me, especially with OUR bullpen, we need our starters to have the ability to go at least 7 innings. Maine does not have that ability and I'm concerned he won't when he gets back in 3 weeks (if things go to plan). But we will see how it pans out. If he can at least give us some quality starts down the stretch, and they move him to the bullpen if we can lock up the division, I think that is the ideal scenario.

you will see Maine again ... it will be next March in Spring Training, he is done for the year and of no use down 5-6 mph on his fastball with some bone spurs

you will see Maine again ... it will be next March in Spring Training, he is done for the year and of no use down 5-6 mph on his fastball with some bone spurs

That may be true, xxi, but if that's the Met's thinking, why not have the surgery right now to remove the spurs?

OMG did Heilman get squeezed on the pitch prior to Bruntlett's hit. That was strike 3 right down the middle, and I knew once it was called a ball that Bruntlett would get a hit. I hate umps! :furious:

Bruntlett is the new Mike SChmidt vs the Mets, wait no its Jimmy Rollins, no wait its SHane Victorino no wait its Pat Burrell, wait Burrell is Burrell vs the Mets, god these guys rise vs the Mets <_<