SportsWrath

Giants Waive Jerome Cunningham and GJ Kinne

Mr. P

Nevermind - dude has a perennial back injury and maybe his career is over. Oh well - Davis it is then....

This is starting to remind me of that one season where we didn't address the safety position and had to go into the year with a bunch of unproven young guys...

We've talked about Davis already...and it's a catch 22 for him.

He doesn't want to apply for reinstatement unless he's guaranteed out of San Francisco.

San Francisco isn't going to just release his rights without compensation from another team.

Another team isn't going to compensate a player without at least talking contract, having physical, etc. which they can't do because they'd be tampering.

But with new management in place in SF, maybe the logjam loosens up a bit, maybe they'll take a 4th rounder (or whatever) for his rights and just move on. Certainly worth checking out and I'm sure JR is. Okung coming in for a visit today and he'd be an upgrade over Marshall, I guess....but I'd rather have Davis.

I was just going off GMan's post...I don't fact-check every post before responding to it.

I just remembered him signing with Denver, since it was a strange process with him being his own agent, and his contract being extremely team friendly. Like representing yourself in court, usually doesn't go well.

Yeah, you're right, of course. I swear I read that somewhere this week, though. Flashbacks,maybe....

Still hoping for Davis +1.... or ABM&J - anybody but Marshall & Jerry.

Yeah, you're right, of course. I swear I read that somewhere this week, though. Flashbacks,maybe....

Still hoping for Davis +1.... or ABM&J - anybody but Marshall & Jerry.

Don't worry. When I was concerned last year about our lack of safeties and linebackers, Anita Marks reassured me that somebody will release a A+ quality player that the Giants can pick up, and look how that turned out for us.