SportsWrath

Justin Tuck to retire a Giant

Mr. P

I've said it before, I hate these 1-day contracts so you can retire from a different team than the one you ended your career with.

You want to retire a Giant, stay a Giant and don't chase the money. Think you can still play, but the Giants don't want you anymore...retire a Giant and enjoy a little bit better quality of life through less abuse on your body. Be educated and embark on a new career.

It just seems cheap and petty and ultimately just a PR move.

I've said it before, I hate these 1-day contracts so you can retire from a different team than the one you ended your career with.

You want to retire a Giant, stay a Giant and don't chase the money. Think you can still play, but the Giants don't want you anymore...retire a Giant and enjoy a little bit better quality of life through less abuse on your body. Be educated and embark on a new career.

It is more of a personal decision by the player. I don't see a benefit to the team.

Really? So he should have just taken the low ball bullshit offer...because Giants. It's a business both ways and players rarely retire with the team that drafted them (except QB). I doubt he'd do this if he didn't have 2 Giants SB rings. It's good for Tuck and good for the Giants.