SportsWrath

Welcome to the Giants

BlueInCanada

Lawson, Hargraves, Lee, Coleman, Rankins, etc, etc, etc.

We got;

Eli "Dont call him sauce" Apple.

Mute the sound...holy fuck people call that music.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jCD0O71x8

Honestly.....I dont see anything we didnt already have on the team.

Gonna take three or four years before he's a starter.

Webster 2.0 hopefully.

OVERVIEW

Though Apple was highly-recruited out of high school, Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer wasn't sure of what he had during the New Jersey native's first year on campus. But Apple was diagnosed with an iron deficiency that prevented him from giving full effort on the field, in the weight room, and in the classroom. Once that was under control, Meyer and the rest of the coaches saw Apple begin to fulfill his potential. Apple (whose given surname was Woodard, but changed it to honor his stepfather) started 14 of 15 games as a redshirt freshman during Ohio State's run to a national title. In fact, he sealed the Buckeyes' win over Oregon in the championship game, intercepting Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota's final collegiate pass. For the season, he totaled 53 tackles, 5.5 for loss, three interceptions and 10 pass breakups. Although Apple's statistical production decreased in 2015 (33 tackles, two for loss, one interception, eight pass breakups), Big Ten coaches recognized his ability to shut down opposing receivers by voting him second-team all-conference.

ANALYSIS STRENGTHS Good height, weight and arm length combination. Clean footwork in transition with natural ability to mirror and match from press coverage. Won't open hips early and rarely turned around off line of scrimmage. Has foot quickness in short spaces to maintain feel for his man. Extremely competitive when ball is in the air. Has play strength to redirect receivers from their routes. Aggressive hands in coverage and fights hard to disrupt the catch by any means necessary. Finished with 22 passes defensed over last two years. Scouts praise him for work ethic and technical improvement over last two years. Will come downhill against run and is diligent with contain responsibilities. Has optimal size/speed numbers for an early round cornerback. WEAKNESSES

Can be slow to diagnose and anticipate quarterback's plans. Average reactive athleticism. Doesn't feature the balance or twitch to rocket forward and challenge throws if he's not shadowing his man. Won't always play to his size as a tackler. Dragged 18 yards after a catch against Penn State. Shows some stiffness as an open field tackler and allowed four broken tackles this season. Slow to turn head and find ball on deep throws. Becomes Mr. Grabs if he senses receiver is getting over the top of him or when he's trying to crowd the top of routes. Had four holding and seven pass interference penalties from 2014­-2015.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1 NFL COMPARISON Trumaine Johnson BOTTOM LINE

Highly recruited two­-year starter who is entering the draft as a draft eligible redshirt sophomore. Apple's size and strength allows him to compete against physical receivers, but he also has the talent to mirror and match as a man defender. Covering for longer could be challenging early on after playing with talented defensive fronts who ravaged quarterbacks. Apple will have to learn to trust his feet rather than grabbing so often or he'll find that quarterbacks and refs will find him often.

Yeah I don't even have to look at the member mocks to see if you had Eli Apple going to the Giants at 10, nobody did.

I'm not surprised they picked a CB and it looks like they wanted height which is understandable. So the good news is we have a better secondary.

BiC I don't take a huge amount of stock in those NFL write-ups. They HAVE to put something in the weakness column.... the real evaluation is what is on tape and what are his measurables, and who he is as a person.

Here are his measurables: 6'1", 9 3/8th" hands. 4.4 flat 40 speed (very, very good, 6th fastest at the combine, 4.34 at his pro day). 4 INTs, 17 passes defensed last 2 years. I'll post more later about him as a prospect.

BiC I don't take a huge amount of stock in those NFL write-ups. They HAVE to put something in the weakness column.... the real evaluation is what is on tape and what are his measurables, and who he is as a person.

Here are his measurables: 6'1", 9 3/8th" hands. 4.4 flat 40 speed (very, very good, 6th fastest at the combine, 4.34 at his pro day). 4 INTs, 17 passes defensed last 2 years. I'll post more later about him as a prospect.

Yeah he was one of the most penalized CBs in college and struggles against speed which is why he grabs.

Pretty clear observation from his tapes.

Giants need to stop being pussies and take a shot once in a while. Hell - Tunsil was on the board. Just because of some backstabbing video he shouldn't have been ignored. Miami got a fucking steal - that guy is a beast. Now I hope we can land Jack in round 2. I sincerely hope we can do that. We need to trade up and get the dude. I don't care if he only has 5 good years in the NFL - those 5 will be better than any shit we have had.

Can't call him sauce... can we call him Strudel?

Looking at how the draft went down... having two teams jump us for picks and the very next team to select also go for a CB, they had to take him here if he really was next up on the Giants board.

Can never have enough quality CB's and this one seems to have the physical skills and build... so now its time for Spags and his team to coach him up.

Giants need to stop being pussies and take a shot once in a while. Hell - Tunsil was on the board. Just because of some backstabbing video he shouldn't have been ignored. Miami got a fucking steal - that guy is a beast. Now I hope we can land Jack in round 2. I sincerely hope we can do that. We need to trade up and get the dude. I don't care if he only has 5 good years in the NFL - those 5 will be better than any shit we have had.

Yea I'm still bummed out over that fucking non-move... Nothing against Apple but Tunsil would have meant a very solid OL for years to come...

Yea I'm still bummed out over that fucking non-move... Nothing against Apple but Tunsil would have meant a very solid OL for years to come...

Reese is in full "save your ass" mode. He's run out of coaches to throw in front of the bus. So, expect him to stick to whatever chart they have that graded Apple as a top 10 talent.