SportsWrath

Kennard - hamstring

gmenroc

Reading that he may not play against the 49ers.

Hopefully Beason/Herzlich are up to the task. 49ers have looked less than stellar offensively, but losing one of, if not our best defender is never a good thing. If it came down to it though, I'd rather have Kennard for Dallas and Philly...so if resting him this week helps ensure that, so be it.

Reading that he may not play against the 49ers.

Hopefully Beason/Herzlich are up to the task. 49ers have looked less than stellar offensively, but losing one of, if not our best defender is never a good thing. If it came down to it though, I'd rather have Kennard for Dallas and Philly...so if resting him this week helps ensure that, so be it.

We have no choice... Hammies are nothing to fuck with... and no amount of "treatment" is as good or effective and leaving it the fuck alone... I still remember my very first torn hammy... stupidly I was stretching it... turned out I was making matters worse... by my 3rd hammy I knew exactly what to do... or not do... and it was a sign I'm not 17 anymore lol.

That sucks. But I believe we are doing far better than usual with injuries so far this year. A lot of nit-picky things, but nothing major like a torn ACL or broken leg. Hopefully, Kennard will be back on top of his game after a short rest.

The Niners are better than everyone thinks they are. People that think this game is going to be a cakewalk are in for a rude awakening.

Only the naive takes any game in the NFL for granted...

He missed time last year with a hamstring injury too.

Injuries were a concern coming out of college for him.

Hopefully he's back soon.

With respect to hamstring injuries, a complete recovery is needed (even pad one more week just to be on the safe side). Thereafter extra attention should be given in terms of stretching and keeping warm especially during cold weather while the O is on the field. Kennard is shaping up to be a great LB and seeing him on the field is exciting.

P.S. Whoever that LB from Washington is (Robinson I think??) The Giants should go after him in FA... similar to how we did with AP.

I'm curious as to the comments I've read this week from Giants defense about keeping the same game plan this week against Kaepernick as they did Taylor last week. I think the goals should be similar, but they should be done differently. The defense should not simply go in with the same game plan becuase you know what, San Francisco has scouts and tape to study too...so they can adjust to what we showed against Buffalo.

I'm fine with them resting Kennard this week. I think that we're up to the task for the 49ers. Like I said, having Kennard for the Dallas and Philly games is more important.

I'm curious as to the comments I've read this week from Giants defense about keeping the same game plan this week against Kaepernick as they did Taylor last week. I think the goals should be similar, but they should be done differently. The defense should not simply go in with the same game plan becuase you know what, San Francisco has scouts and tape to study too...so they can adjust to what we showed against Buffalo.

I'm fine with them resting Kennard this week. I think that we're up to the task for the 49ers. Like I said, having Kennard for the Dallas and Philly games is more important.

I don't think they said "fuck it, no need to make a gameplan."

and I hope Kennard is able to play against Dallas and Philly.

plus taylor has a banged up ankle and prefers not to run lately. kaepernick, on the other hand, will panic and pull it down to run way sooner

and with his giraffe legs he gets 5 yards per step.

Ya know, I hate when analysts and coaches, especially Coughlin say, "So and so it out with a hamstring." That's a lazy, incomplete sentence. Out with a hamstring what? Did he strain it? Pull it? Tear it? Is his hamstring injured or is he just chilling with his hamstring?

Ya know, I hate when analysts and coaches, especially Coughlin say, "So and so it out with a hamstring." That's a lazy, incomplete sentence. Out with a hamstring what? Did he strain it? Pull it? Tear it? Is his hamstring injured or is he just chilling with his hamstring?

Now I have no idea, so I might be completely off, but I think it's possible Coughlin's saying it has to do with the amount of information he is required to disclose.

He might be required to disclose where the injury is but not required to say if it's a strain, pull, etc, so he says only what he is required to say.

Now I have no idea, so I might be completely off, but I think it's possible Coughlin's saying it has to do with the amount of information he is required to disclose.

He might be required to disclose where the injury is but not required to say if it's a strain, pull, etc, so he says only what he is required to say.

I never thought of it that way, good point.

And maybe sportscasters are going by the coach's report. It just sounds so silly saying that someone is out "with a shoulder." It realy doesn't take that much more effort to say out with a shoulder injury.

I think it also has to do with keeping information obscure from teams getting ready to face them. Every team analyzes who will be on the field the Sunday (or whatever) they will face them. They know who is going to play and who isn't and contrive a game plan based on who they believe will be on the field. Therefore, coaches usually keep injury information as vague as possible to throw off their opponents. Also, a person's health is a private thing and no one has the right to peruse an individual's medical report unless an individual gives up that right by letting the details be known.