SportsWrath

I'm not sure I like this from Bennet

Nas

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1276492

Martellus Bennett wants to return for a second season with the Giants, but he sounds as if he’s not sure the team feels the same way.

Bennett, the starting tight end who is scheduled to become a free agent on March 12, said via Twitter that he’s “not feeling the love” from the Giants. He had once talked of giving the team a “hometown discount” if it wanted him back, but a series of Tweets on Wednesday made it seem as if he’s headed out the door.

“They have other priorities that come before little ole me,” Bennett said via his Twitter account (@JoeGryffindor), in response to a query about his contract situation. “I’m just a small piece of what they’re trying to do there. . . .

He's like anyone else...we'll offer him what we think he's worth, he'll come back with his number...if they're close enough, they'll devote the time to negotiate. If they're too far apart, he'll walk.

For me, I'd like to see him back, but I don't think we need to make him the highest paid TE in the league either. Top 20 paid TE, sure. But absolutely no higher than that.

Yeah, I wouldn't make him more than the 20-15th paid TE... overall, he's an average starter. He's got a ton of physical talent, but from the neck up he's not a football player. He's one of those guys that would be cool to hang out with, he's bright, he's funny... but if I'm building a football team, at his position, in the Giants offense especially, I want a try-hard guy who come game time has unwavering focus. Bennett, he's like Shockey with a better attitude.

Yeah, I wouldn't make him more than the 20-15th paid TE... overall, he's an average starter. He's got a ton of physical talent, but from the neck up he's not a football player. He's one of those guys that would be cool to hang out with, he's bright, he's funny... but if I'm building a football team, at his position, in the Giants offense especially, I want a try-hard guy who come game time has unwavering focus. Bennett, he's like Shockey with a better attitude.

:LMAO:

Yeah, he gives 85% I'd say.

He know he has it good here. He also knows he can't get this type of passing action else where. He is screwing with his career if he leaves the Giants. Was the cowgirls showing him the love?

I don't see how he is "leaving the Giants" when I don't think the Giants have even made him an offer yet.

HE SAVED A FALLING CHILD AND THIS IS HOW HE'S TREATED?!!!

Actually, I think it was a full-grown man.

I don't care if Marty B comes back, Eli barely throws to his TEs anyway. Plus the dude is just flat-out weird.

I don't care if Marty B comes back, Eli barely throws to his TEs anyway. Plus the dude is just flat-out weird.

I can take weird as long as he produces...Harry Carson was and is Bipolar...suffering from periods of mania where he wanted to quit the Giants and join the military one time. He was having contract negotiations one year (before free agency) and they used The Prostitute in a bit of a smear campaign against Harry by Giants management to take some of the steam out of his sales...this is pre first Super Bowl...Parcells was quoted as saying how weird and strange Harry was...including the quote on joining the military... :P

We're getting personal now? lol

All tight ends are weird. One guy even hung out at a Vermont bar.