SportsWrath

Justin Tuck!!!

Nas

You know how I keep saying, "Giants fans are too married to the players?"

This is what I'm talking about. There's a case to be made for Bradshaw... but the Tuck, Nicks, Joseph, etc. whiners are just ridiculous. We have guys on the roster right now that are outperforming those guys; they're not the reason we're 3-4.

Here's what bugs me... allegedly Ayers' stats were very similar to that of Tuck.. yet I didn't see Ayers play against Dallas (maybe he was in there but I didn't see)... Kiwi isn't great at anything... It seems we're playing with one DE and that's JPP... shit wonder he looks winded out there... he's trying to do it by himself.

And for the record, I was the one who said I don't understand all the love for Joseph... he was your average DT at best.. and Nicks half assed it and so there's no crying here either but Tuck... Jesus man..

nobody around here is lamenting the losses of joseph or nicks since the season started. that was a strawman argument.

and there is nothing wrong with questioning any move or non-move the giants make. open discussion and analysis without immature inflammatory statements is what this forum is fucking for

You know how I keep saying, "Giants fans are too married to the players?"

This is what I'm talking about. There's a case to be made for Bradshaw... but the Tuck, Nicks, Joseph, etc. whiners are just ridiculous. We have guys on the roster right now that are outperforming those guys; they're not the reason we're 3-4.

I agree....if anything the new guys have been better than the old guys.

Someone needs to explain to me how Kiwi is hogging snaps from Ayers and Moore, and why Hankins isn't part of the 3rd and long pass rush, when he's one of the few guys that can push a guard back.

At the risk of spamming the topic, I'm really tired with Fewell......seems like the only time this defense gets aggressive is when the players stage an intervention with their coordinator.

I'd be very interested to see how long Romo was able to hold the ball last game. On one of the TD throws, he had all day back there.

nobody around here is lamenting the losses of joseph or nicks since the season started. that was a strawman argument.

and there is nothing wrong with questioning any move or non-move the giants make. open discussion and analysis without immature inflammatory statements is what this forum is fucking for

You sure about that?

yeah, i am. i deconstructed your argument that he sucks on the colts based on looking at only one cursory statistic by explaining how you didn't factor usage into your opinion. i didn't say anything about how we should've kept him on the team.

I would have loved to have seen Linval Joseph and Jonathan Hankins out there together on the line that seems to have an issue stopping the run the season. Jenkins is out hurt which leaves us the awe inspiring Markus Kuhn and Mike Patterson to split time next to Hankins. Oh and with Jon Beason still MIA, I'd say things aren't going to get better against the run unless Jay Bromley is a first round talented third round drafted pick that uses the bye week to earn the opportunity to dress and play for maybe another game this season.

I dunno, Herc. When you say things like this:

half the offense's snaps and still has more td's than any of the giants wr's

And then this:

Usage matters more than cursory statistics. Cory Washington and Preston Parker dont have a lot of yards either

And then follow it up with this:

going to a brand new team and playing behind two established pro bowl players doesn't indicate that he's "playing himself out of the league". again, i think you should take a look at the games or if that's unreasonable check out the box scores, targets and snap counts.

But then you say this:

yeah, i am. i deconstructed your argument that he sucks on the colts based on looking at only one cursory statistic by explaining how you didn't factor usage into your opinion. i didn't say anything about how we should've kept him on the team.

Like, "see, he's actually really good, but I'm not saying he's good enough that we should have kept him, and I'm definitely not lamenting that he's gone, but he's really not given the chance to produce in Indy,and its really not fair because he's really, really good."

I dunno man, its a little nuanced. It's a little John Kerry-ish. I'm getting a "I voted for the war, before I voted against it." vibe here.

i used the examples in your quotes because i was making a case that the usage levels of a non-starting wide receiver were the reason behind the stats that you were citing as reason why he was (sarcastically) "lighting the world on fire". i used our own wide receivers and their stats as an example of why low usage = low production, and i used them because those are the players we are most familiar with. i think using parker and washington gets the point across on a giants forum better than using brice butler and denarius moore. the subject of your thread was nicks' play so far on the colts, and i was simply saying that i disagreed with your analysis of it. if you want to infer some alternative message from any of that then that's what you're going to do, but i'm never the one bringing him up or making the threads. i just respond to the issues people want to present

i used the examples in your quotes because i was making a case that the usage levels of a non-starting wide receiver were the reason behind the stats that you were citing as reason why he was (sarcastically) "lighting the world on fire". i used our own wide receivers and their stats as an example of why low usage = low production, and i used them because those are the players we are most familiar with. i think using parker and washington gets the point across on a giants forum better than using brice butler and denarius moore. the subject of your thread was nicks' play so far on the colts, and i was simply saying that i disagreed with your analysis of it. if you want to infer some alternative message from any of that then that's what you're going to do, but i'm never the one bringing him up or making the threads. i just respond to the issues people want to present

I know, man. I'm just fucking with you. :)