SportsWrath

Good breakdown of the offensive line v. the Eagles

JMFP

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2231665-why-giants-offensive-line-suffered-multiple-breakdowns-in-week-6-loss-to-eagles

Yes, it's Bleacher Report, but the article is from a Giants beat writer, and breaks down the issues in detail.

My takeaway is that this was more execution than scheme, at least as it pertains to the offensive line.

One of my common complaints about Beatty was mentioned - his penchant for relying on finesse when sometimes you just need to jack someone up, especially in the run game. Granted, I know Beatty wasn't the main problem, just found it interesting that it was mentioned.

Next season, I really hope that the Giants find the most badass guard in the NCAA, and draft him. If we could get that person in the 2nd or 3rd, fantastic. But this team needs an injection of "fuck you I'm punching you in the face".

Given the way Jerry and Pugh played, an execution may be exactly what they need.

No surprises in there, the article pretty much confirmed what I thought I saw too.

I can't knock Reese for drafting Beckham, given the disappearance of Nicks, and the injury to Cruz.

However, I'm sticking by my opinion that Martin was the better choice in the 1st....I watched that game against Seattle, and Martin was constantly finishing blocks and engaging at the 2nd level.

One of my common complaints about Beatty was mentioned - his penchant for relying on finesse when sometimes you just need to jack someone up, especially in the run game. Granted, I know Beatty wasn't the main problem, just found it interesting that it was mentioned.

Next season, I really hope that the Giants find the most badass guard in the NCAA, and draft him. If we could get that person in the 2nd or 3rd, fantastic. But this team needs an injection of "fuck you I'm punching you in the face".

I want the biggest...baddest ...corn eating or corn raising hon..hon...onk...err White Dude that can be found in them there parts of the Bread Basket of Amurika...

In Pugh's defense... It's Connor fucking Barwin.

Yeah, Barwin is pretty good. He's a total d-bag, but I love the way he plays.

I was not impressed with Pugh's aggression or technique though. Doesn't matter who he was lined up against, any NFL pass rusher was going to have a field day the way he was playing.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2231665-why-giants-offensive-line-suffered-multiple-breakdowns-in-week-6-loss-to-eagles

Yes, it's Bleacher Report, but the article is from a Giants beat writer, and breaks down the issues in detail.

My takeaway is that this was more execution than scheme, at least as it pertains to the offensive line.

The word BREAKDOWN in your title pretty much says it all,Joe.

Yeah, Barwin is pretty good. He's a total d-bag, but I love the way he plays.

I was not impressed with Pugh's aggression or technique though. Doesn't matter who he was lined up against, any NFL pass rusher was going to have a field day the way he was playing.

He get's it.

Who?

27-0 that's who!

Nice work!

I get to spell it any way I please because we owned him 27-0 :laugh:

I can't knock Reese for drafting Beckham, given the disappearance of Nicks, and the injury to Cruz.

However, I'm sticking by my opinion that Martin was the better choice in the 1st....I watched that game against Seattle, and Martin was constantly finishing blocks and engaging at the 2nd level.

And now we all get to watch him up close as Murray runs it down the Giants throats. Should be a great display. Can Jerry Jones fire his son and get back to running his team into the ground please.

Nope. A shutout is a shutout. The fact remains I can call him Mr. Poopy pants if I want to because we owned him for 60 minutes.

That's the fun in divisional game... the winner gets bragging rights till the next game... didn't we own McNabb in a similar game where Osi had like 3 sacks and the team had 8 or more sacks? At the end of the day it's one loss... not a super bowl.

I want the biggest...baddest ...corn eating or corn raising hon..hon...onk...err White Dude that can be found in them there parts of the Bread Basket of Amurika...

Yup......it could be some corn-fed farm boy or some giant motherfucker from Camden.....as long as his of "finesse" is flashing a warm smile while he knocks the opponent's teeth out of their skull.

That's the fun in divisional game... the winner gets bragging rights till the next game... didn't we own McNabb in a similar game where Osi had like 3 sacks and the team had 8 or more sacks? At the end of the day it's one loss... not a super bowl.

I'm not ruling out a sweep this year, but yeah, I think the Giants sacked McNabb like 15 or 17 times that game.

Yup......it could be some corn-fed farm boy or some giant motherfucker from Camden.....as long as his of "finesse" is flashing a warm smile while he knocks the opponent's teeth out of their skull.

Yeah the Camden Zone... find me a big hunking mofo...that can't live without Kennedy's Fried Chicken and I think we got ourselves a human battleship... give me a human Iowa, Nebraska, New Jersey or Missouri... we be kool then... :) Or some Samoan who could eat Darrel Johnson like he is a walking coconut...