SportsWrath

Eagles to interview Tom Coughlin for head coach position

BleedinBlue

I was pretty steadfast in wanting Coughlin to remain here.

I was too but we are in the minority.

When you read some of the bullshit that has been said over the years you come to understand something...

Tom Coughlin has lost the locker room...

Players aren't listening to him....

Tom Coughlin is too stubborn to change...

All of it is on the fans and the media. The only two things that have remained constant besides ownership. Different roster with the exception of Eli Manning. Not even the same coaching staff and he has changed it as necessary and people still find reason to bitch and moan.

When it comes to the media I understand because they need all the help they can get to do their jobs so making shit up is part of what they do. There are some fans who simply should be cheering for other teams. Why aren't we like New England? Go cheer for New England and be happy! Why aren't we like Pittsburgh? Go cheer for Pittsburgh and be happy! How come our defense isn't like Seattle? Why don't we have a mobile QB? Go cheer for them and be happy!

Save yourself some energy and grief and become a fan of a team that does what you want and stop whining about why the Giants aren't them and should be.

LOL... Parcells has turned around every team he has been a part of. Belichek gets some credit but he doesn't get all the credit. The Giants would not have won those two Lombardi's without Parcells. He knew all the right buttons to push.

I could give two fucks he went to other teams, except he made Dallas good again. Parcells deservedly is in the Hall of Fame. He's in the Hall of Fame because he's one of the best NFL coaches of all time. He may not be the best but he's up there.

Parcells teams were built on defense. Belichick was his coordinator and constructed those defenses. Belichick won 4 Super Bowls without Parcells. Without Belichick, Parcells never won a playoff game.

Again, he talks a good game and is really quotable, but without Belichick he's more Rex Ryan than Lombardi. He's in the Hall of Fame because one of the best coaches of all time ran his defense. His time in Dallas was really unremarkable and it's not a coincidence that Belichick wasn't there for that run.

Parcells teams were built on defense. Belichick was his coordinator and constructed those defenses. Belichick won 4 Super Bowls without Parcells. Without Belichick, Parcells never won a playoff game.

Again, he talks a good game and is really quotable, but without Belichick he's more Rex Ryan than Lombardi. He's in the Hall of Fame because one of the best coaches of all time ran his defense. His time in Dallas was really unremarkable and it's not a coincidence that Belichick wasn't there for that run.

You are entitled to your (erroneous) opinion. :)

Cowher teams were built on defense. LaBeau was his coordinator and constructed those defenses. Without LeBeau, Cowher never won a playoff game.

Again, he talks a good game and is really quotable, but without he's more Rex Ryan than Lombardi. He's in the NFL Today Studios because one of the best coaches of all time ran his defense. His time in NFL Today was really unremarkable and it's not a coincidence that LeBeau wasn't there for that run.

Fixed.

Cowher teams were built on defense. LaBeau was his coordinator and constructed those defenses. Without LeBeau, Cowher never won a playoff game.

Again, he talks a good game and is really quotable, but without he's more Rex Ryan than Lombardi. He's in the NFL Today Studios because one of the best coaches of all time ran his defense. His time in NFL Today was really unremarkable and it's not a coincidence that LeBeau wasn't there for that run.

Fixed.

Isn't that funny? Parcells wins with some of the greatest assistants in the history of the league, many of whom have won multiple Super Bowls without him, and he's the Greatest Coach Ever even when his record is pretty average without said coordinators.

Cowher wins even though most of his coordinators proved to be terrible on their own, but he's no good because he "has a bad coaching tree."

Cowher did well without Dick Lebeau. The same cannot be said for Parcells sans Belichick.

Isn't that funny? Parcells wins with some of the greatest assistants in the history of the league, many of whom have won multiple Super Bowls without him, and he's the Greatest Coach Ever even when his record is pretty average without said coordinators.

Cowher wins even though most of his coordinators proved to be terrible on their own, but he's no good because he "has a bad coaching tree."

Cowher did well without Dick Lebeau. The same cannot be said for Parcells sans Belichick.

Cowher had two playoff runs and four seasons of missing the playoffs sans LeBeau, he made the playoffs 33% of the time without LeBeau.

Parcells had five playoff runs including a Superbowl trip and six seasons of missed playoffs sans Belichick, Parecells made it 45% of the time without Bilichick.

Both of them were pretty average when their all star DC left.

And really I never said greatest coach ever, I don't even know where you think I said anything about Parcells lol

I just thought it was funny that you could replace Parcells and Cowher in your post and it was the same message.

Cowher is where he belongs in sports casting, Parcells is where he belongs in the HoF.

Not really an opinion just fact.

Cowher had two playoff runs and four seasons of missing the playoffs sans LeBeau, he made the playoffs 33% of the time without LeBeau.

Parcells had five playoff runs including a Superbowl trip and six seasons of missed playoffs sans Belichick, Parecells made it 45% of the time without Bilichick.

And really I never said greatest coach ever, I don't even know where you think I said anything about Parcells lol

I just thought it was funny that you could replace Parcells and Cowher in your post and it was the same message.

Cowher is where he belongs in sports casting, Parcells is where he belongs in the HoF.

You are incorrect.

With Belichick, Parcells' playoff record was 11-5, with two Super Bowl rings.

Without Belichick, his playoff record was 0-3. Zero playoff wins without Belichick.

Moreover, his regular season record without Belichick on his staff was 55-57. With Belichick it was 117-73-1.

Those are the facts. We can draw whatever opinions from them that we like, but those are the indusputable numbers. My opinion is that Parcells needed Belichick a lot more than vice versa, though I do think early in their careers they needed each other. There was no word for Aspergers back in the day, and that's definitely what Belichick has... he needed a guy to be out in front that had a big personality, and that was Parcells. And to his credit, Parcells hired Belichick (and Coughlin, Payton, etc).

But on his own? He was an average coach. I know it's hard to come to that conclusion with the media fellating Bill Parcells for the better part of two decades, but I'm not impressed with 55-57 and an 0-3 playoff record. I'm not the only one who thinks so either. Yes, he turned around four franchises... on the back of Belichick's defense. None of his teams were very successful on their own. To mention him in the greatest coach of all time discussion (which I'm not saying you did, but the media does in general) is ludicrous.

Also, Dick Lebeau was the Steelers' defensive coordinator for three years under Cowher. Cowher went to the playoffs ten different years and won seven times without him. Take what you want from that.

Settle down Seph, as I said I do not care about Parcells or Cowher, nor have I said anything about what I think about either, other than pointing out your statement can be "fixed" heh

I think Parcells is a HoF coach.

Cowher is a good coach who is a sports caster.

Parcels was a smart enough and an excellent assessor of talent to take Belicheck back as a DC in New Enhland and Jets. Let Seph have his rant. Parcels must've snubbed him for an autograph.

Parcels was a smart enough and an excellent assessor of talent to take Belicheck back as a DC in New Enhland and Jets. Let Seph have his rant. Parcels must've snubbed him for an autograph.

The thing is I never had any stake in this thread, Seph is just looking for an argument at this point lol

And you're right forgot Billy followed Parcells to NE and NY.

You could say Parcells made Belichick, too. Parcells was certainly a mentor to Belichick. If you've watched any historical behind the scenes stuff regarding those Parcells' teams, you know his team took on his personality, and his impact was all over the field. To say that Belichick was the one responsible for those championships is myopic. And Parcells took Belichick with him... Belichick wasn't successful in Cleveland either, but Parcells restored every franchise he was a part of to winning football. No, he didn't win a playoff game in Dallas, because Romo couldn't hold a snap. But think about it, he took 5 franchises who were dumpster fires before him and made them playoff teams. FIVE. Nobody else can say that. These weren't teams on the verge of being good. They weren't mediocre teams... they were all bottom feeders, and he made them playoff teams and he did it quickly. And all the success that Dallas has had since Parcells is due to him. He drafted DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten, he discovered Romo and made him the QB. Every success they've had since then is in large part to Bill Parcells.

The Dolphins were 1-15 the season before Parcells took over football operations. He made them a playoff team the very next year at 11-5... the second team ever to have a 10 game turnaround.

I'm confident I'm not going to convince you but we just are never going to agree. I think my opinion that Parcells' impact in making teams winners and his impact on the Giants' championship teams were powerful and undeniable.

Isn't coughlin still under contract with the Giants hence the Eagles have to ask permission to interview him? If so and the eagles and coughlin decide to make a go of it the Eagles would be at the Giants whim either contract pay out or draft pick correct? Also, if it comes down to this what round(s) would the Giants be asking for if they were to trade coughlin to the eagles?

Isn't coughlin still under contract with the Giants hence the Eagles have to ask permission to interview him? If so and the eagles and coughlin decide to make a go of it the Eagles would be at the Giants whim either contract pay out or draft pick correct? Also, if it comes down to this what round(s) would the Giants be asking for if they were to trade coughlin to the eagles?

Giants granted permission, and I don't see the giants doing something like that to hinder Coughlin's ability to get a coaching job.

Yeah, I don't see it happening either. Eagles are just interviewing everybody.Anyone who makes the leap to "toying with the idea of hiring him" does so on his/her own.

The only way I could see it happening is if they really liked McAdoo, but want him to be groomed for a year or two more before they hand the reins to him, or want an "assistant head coach" under McAdoo.

They might also just be picking TC's brain to see what he thought of Mac.

Giants granted permission, and I don't see the giants doing something like that to hinder Coughlin's ability to get a coaching job.

I don't think the Giants are just going to let Tom Coughlin coach the Philadelphia Eagles if it were to reach that point. There is being nice and then there is business.

I don't think the Giants are just going to let Tom Coughlin coach the Philadelphia Eagles if it were to reach that point. There is being nice and then there is business.

Do you really believe the Giants, who in reality, at minimum "mutually parted ways" with Coughlin, are the kind of organization that would keep him from coaching another team, ANY team? There won't be even any compensation.... the compensation is the Giants won't have to pay him the final year of his deal, which TC might not even want regardless. The Giants aren't going to hold TC back from something he wants to do, they have to much respect for the man and they believe in doing right by people regardless. If the Eagles want him, and he wants to coach them, he'll be their next coach, no doubt in my mind.

If the Eagles pick someone else, it will be because one of the two parties thought that it wasn't the right fit.