SportsWrath

First Round, 19th Pick

Allstarjim

Personally, I think we need to restock LB in FA and the draft.....and no more fucking retreads and mid-round picks, if you please.

How about getting a Pro Bowl Linebacker IN HIS PRIME, and then the best linebacker available in the draft???? God forbid, right?

Von Miller will be an Eagle.....the fat man is going to jump over us and get him.

Hope I'm wrong. The kid looks pretty damn fast coming off the edge. Looks like the type of defender that Andy Reid loves.

I can't imagine what adding a fast, instinctive linebacker would do to our defense.

LOL @ Joe, things haven't changed all that much. For the love of all that is holy, I hope Reese goes LB in the first 2 rounds this year... our buddy Joe needs this one.

My man crush on Miller began in this thread. Tree said he was an "arm tackler", lol Tree! Cool to see he is now a Super Bowl MVP. I also am not sure why no NFL team has hired me for their scouting department yet.

Your activity on the internet violates the NFL's code of conduct.

I love Nicks as well, Herc.... I really do. I've said many times I think he'll be the best WR we've ever had here (admittedly not an overly impressive group). But as much as I love Nicks and believe he'll be a pro bowler year after year, when you see Jackson make guys look silly all over the field like he did on that punt return to beat us, and how bad Dez Bryant made Terrell Thomas look (a very good NFL corner) I have to say I don't think that Nicks is quite as fast, elusive, and just dominant as those two guys are. Believe me, this is like the difference between a Corvette and a Ferrari, we'd all probably like to have either, but boy a Ferrari is just taking it to another level. To be fair, I think someone like Dez Bryant only comes around so often... I think that guy has a good chance to be one of the top 3 receivers to ever play football... and you just don't find athletes like him but maybe once a generation. And AJ Green isn't that kind of athlete either... but what he would do is provide that tall wide receiver with great ball skills that we've been missing since Plaxico. The two of them would create a pick your poison on the outside, and with Steve Smith in the slot, you just can't really defend that.

But at this point, as Joe said, I'd really love to see a fast, instinctive linebacker on our defense.... it would probably create the biggest immediate impact on our football team. Someone said that a first round linebacker probably wouldn't make an immediate impact, but there are a lot of examples who did make a big impact in their rookie years. No one can really predict with absolute accuracy how long it will take for a young player to make that jump, but when you have the speed Miller does, it sure makes it easier.

Good preview on the linebacker class in 2016.....even a fool like Jerry should be able to find a decent one.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec-news/linebackers-set-the-tone-in-sec-countrys-post-super-bowl-mock-draft

Reporter:

"You guys reached a bit for Emmanuel Ogbah"

Reese:

"We don't know much about him, but he was born in Nigeria and that was enough for us"

Reporter:

"then you traded your entire draft to move up to 12 and draft Paxton Lynch"

Reese:

"QB was definitely not a need, but we heard the Eagles had interest in Lynch and wanted to make sure he didn't go there"

Mara

"It was the same process we used in hiring our new head coach"

Reporter:

"You guys reached a bit for Emmanuel Ogbah"

Reese:

"We don't know much about him, but he was born in Nigeria and that was enough for us"

Reporter:

"then you traded your entire draft to move up to 12 and draft Paxton Lynch"

Reese:

"QB was definitely not a need, but we heard the Eagles had interest in Lynch and wanted to make sure he didn't go there"

Mara

"It was the same process we used in hiring our new head coach"

lol