SportsWrath

Please give us your top 5 team Power Ranking- here is mine

JackStroud

#1 NY Giants........the reigning SB Champs had a terrific draft. Wilson alone will supercharge our attack. There are no real weaknesses on this team.

#2 Patriots.........They continue to track right in our footsteps

#3-San Francisco......Brutally well coached and powerful, physical team.....lack a difference making QB

#4 Packers......We brutalized them and they must play us at the Meadowlands.....on paper a great team but we own them.

#5 Filthadelphia.......too bad for them they play in our division. they are good, talented but we trump them in too many areas. They may lose their mental edge this year and fall off a cliff though........opening up the #5 spot for a host of other teams.

An argument could be made for N Orleans at #5 but they are now playing under a black cloud.

NYG

SF-hard to argue what they've done in the offseason. If Alex Smith plays even decent football they are going to be damn good.

GB-Aaron Rodgers and arguably the best offense in the league

CIN-defense. Also, you got Dalton and a little guy I like to call AJ Greene

NE-they didn't impress me when we throttled them in both meetings but I don't know who else to put here. Philly won't win anything with Michael Vick.

I don't understand how you put NE above GB or SF. Whoever won the NFC Championship was winning the SB last year.

I don't think SF would of beaten NE by any means.

Alex would of folded and had a six pick game.

New England could barely score on us, though. SF would have had to manage like 7 points to lose.

I put NE above the rest because they are......they play in a weak conference so they appear more dominant than us in the regular season,

When we played them in the regular season last year I called in to the Micheal Kay show and told anyone who would listen we would play them again in the SB.....they are THAT good

I put NE above the rest because they are......they play in a weak conference so they appear more dominant than us in the regular season,

When we played them in the regular season last year I called in to the Micheal Kay show and told anyone who would listen we would play them again in the SB.....they are THAT good

Please. They have a mediocre-at-best defense and two tight ends.

They have the Brady-factor and a good coach but talent-wise. They are no where near the top of the league.

LOL did you get this from ESPN?

I agree. The Jets Nas? The Rams Nas? Your looking to stir the pot arent you? I agree wit jacks list but Im gonna put the Ravens where Philly is.

Please. They have a mediocre-at-best defense and two tight ends.

They have the Brady-factor and a good coach but talent-wise. They are no where near the top of the league.

They do not have a mediocre defense......we have one of the more potent offenses in the league and they held us pretty much in check

#1 NY Giants........the reigning SB Champs had a terrific draft. Wilson alone will supercharge our attack. There are no real weaknesses on this team.

#2 Patriots.........They continue to track right in our footsteps

#3-San Francisco......Brutally well coached and powerful, physical team.....lack a difference making QB

#4 Packers......We brutalized them and they must play us at the Meadowlands.....on paper a great team but we own them.

#5 Filthadelphia.......too bad for them they play in our division. they are good, talented but we trump them in too many areas. They may lose their mental edge this year and fall off a cliff though........opening up the #5 spot for a host of other teams.

An argument could be made for N Orleans at #5 but they are now playing under a black cloud.

The bounty scandal is going to be this year's Katrina.

1 - San Francisco (they are coming into their prime - this year's 2011 Packers -15 wins)

2 - Green Bay (won't be as tough as last year, but will be very good as long as Rogers stays healthy - 14 wins)

3 - Philadelphia (I absolutely hate to put them here, but they are really solid - Vick is their achilles heel in my opinion 12 - 13 wins)

4 - NY Giants (my heart says put them number 1, and hopefully that's where they'll end...but my brain says it'll be a 12 win season)

5 - Pittsburgh (12-4 last year and had one of the best drafts among all teams)

Keep an eye on Cincinnati this year....they improved a lot last year and had one helluva draft - 12 wins?.

New Orleans will drop off the cliff after last year's bounty scandal

1 - San Francisco (they are coming into their prime - this year's 2011 Packers -15 wins)

2 - Green Bay (won't be as tough as last year, but will be very good as long as Rogers stays healthy - 14 wins)

3 - Philadelphia (I absolutely hate to put them here, but they are really solid - Vick is their achilles heel in my opinion 12 - 13 wins)

4 - NY Giants (my heart says put them number 1, and hopefully that's where they'll end...but my brain says it'll be a 12 win season)

5 - Pittsburgh (12-4 last year and had one of the best drafts among all teams)

Keep an eye on Cincinnati this year....they improved a lot last year and had one helluva draft - 12 wins?.

New Orleans will drop off the cliff after last year's bounty scandal

These are truly interesting picks.....But how can you pick a non passing team in an all passing league, with all the rules now slanted towards the offense?

They must have one heck of a D.......1985 Bears move over LOL

1. Green Bay Packers - They had the best record in the NFL last year, and they have the NFL's best QB. They have talent on both sides of the ball. It's all about the greatness of Rodgers, though.

2. NY Giants - Some might think this too high, but you can make a strong case that the defense that finished the year hot will actually be MORE dominant, as JPP puts it all together from week 1... the most dominant defensive force in football, to go with the high-powered offense and newly acquired homerun hitter David Wilson.

3. Broncos - They made the playoffs with Tim Tebow last year. Read that last sentence again. Now they have Peyton. They will own the AFC West and look for Demarius Thomas to have a breakout season. Severely underrated defense, too.

4. Ravens - A dropped pass and a missed chip shot... they should've been in the Super Bowl last year. They still have one of the games' best RB's, the best defense in the AFC, and a WR that could have a big sophomore season... Torrey Smith. Flacco is coming on, as well.

5. Patriots - Tom Brady is still a stone cold baller. I like Stevan Ridley to provide a little more balance to the offense this year, and Brandon Lloyd is a perfect fit.

Didn't quite make it:

49ers - We saw Alex Smith's best last year, and it wasn't quite good enough. And Gore doesn't have a lot left, neither does Jacobs, and Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James won't likely be able to shoulder the entire load. That defense will still be tough, though, but they finish just outside my Top 5.

Steelers - Still a tough team, well-coached. But that defense is getting long in the tooth.

Saints - With Brees, they always have a chance. But I think not having Sean Payton is going to hurt them. And they have a brutal schedule with some cold weather road games against us, Green Bay, and the Broncos. And the division is getting better... The Carolina Newtons aren't going to be a pushover like in years' past.

Texans - A great team with Schaub at QB, but he can never stay healthy. They will be tough, and definitely are the division favorites, but Schaub has to play. I like this team a lot.

Bears - I don't trust Cutler. And they still have to get out of that division with Green Bay and Detroit (1-3 against them last season).

1. Green Bay Packers - They had the best record in the NFL last year, and they have the NFL's best QB. They have talent on both sides of the ball. It's all about the greatness of Rodgers, though.

2. NY Giants - Some might think this too high, but you can make a strong case that the defense that finished the year hot will actually be MORE dominant, as JPP puts it all together from week 1... the most dominant defensive force in football, to go with the high-powered offense and newly acquired homerun hitter David Wilson.

3. Broncos - They made the playoffs with Tim Tebow last year. Read that last sentence again. Now they have Peyton. They will own the AFC West and look for Demarius Thomas to have a breakout season. Severely underrated defense, too.

4. Ravens - A dropped pass and a missed chip shot... they should've been in the Super Bowl last year. They still have one of the games' best RB's, the best defense in the AFC, and a WR that could have a big sophomore season... Torrey Smith. Flacco is coming on, as well.

5. Patriots - Tom Brady is still a stone cold baller. I like Stevan Ridley to provide a little more balance to the offense this year, and Brandon Lloyd is a perfect fit.

Didn't quite make it:

49ers - We saw Alex Smith's best last year, and it wasn't quite good enough. And Gore doesn't have a lot left, neither does Jacobs, and Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James won't likely be able to shoulder the entire load. That defense will still be tough, though, but they finish just outside my Top 5.

Steelers - Still a tough team, well-coached. But that defense is getting long in the tooth.

Saints - With Brees, they always have a chance. But I think not having Sean Payton is going to hurt them. And they have a brutal schedule with some cold weather road games against us, Green Bay, and the Broncos. And the division is getting better... The Carolina Newtons aren't going to be a pushover like in years' past.

Texans - A great team with Schaub at QB, but he can never stay healthy. They will be tough, and definitely are the division favorites, but Schaub has to play. I like this team a lot.

Bears - I don't trust Cutler. And they still have to get out of that division with Green Bay and Detroit (1-3 against them last season).

I thought about Denver because of Peyton.....but they had a dreadful draft so I'm in a "wait'n see" mode. Could be great, could be mediocre. I wonder how healthy Peyton really is.

I hope you're right on the Giants. They've got a brutal schedule ahead of them: an angry/vengeful 49'rs at SF, Ravens at Baltimore, Steelers, Bengals, Saints, and a angry/vengeful Packers coming into town....not to mention 2x an improved eagles, 2x an improved cowboys, and 2x Skins that seem to have Giants' number.

You think the Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins are that improved?

I don't. In some ways, a team led by Vick is simpler to defend against. Blitz and Contain. The real problem on that team is McCoy. But we have the athletes at every level of defense to hurt them.

I think the Cowboys getting Claiborne is really going to help them. But again, I like our defense much more than theirs. And we have Eli.

Redskins have a rook QB, and although he's dangerous, he's a rook. And rook QB's usually don't play well. We play Vick 2x a year. You just dust off that gameplan and employ it against Griffin. Their defense is coming on, though, that's why we lost to them twice. That, and Perry Fewell had his head up his ass those two games. But this time if we can get David Wilson going early, should be able to gash them real good.on the ground and soften things up for the aerial attack.

We have two major advantages against all those teams... Eli and JPP.

I agree. The Jets Nas? The Rams Nas? Your looking to stir the pot arent you? I agree wit jacks list but Im gonna put the Ravens where Philly is.

Anthony, I'm worried about your sarcasm meter.

BTW, we really didn't see any real returns from our draft last season and we won the Super Bowl. Denver didn't need to draft well, they just needed to add a real QB, and they did that, and all the reports is that Peyton is throwing with velocity and accuracy. And his greatest weapon is his mind. Don't worry about Peyton. BTW, I like Ronnie Hillman for them. Should fit into their system well. And we'll see with Wolfe. They also got one of the best Centers in the draft with Blake. Yeah, it wasn't a blow you away draft, but you never know until these guys get in there and show what they can do, and on the surface they shored up the interior of the defensive and offensive lines, while adding a tough inside running back. Not bad if they pan out.

BTW, we really didn't see any real returns from our draft last season and we won the Super Bowl. Denver didn't need to draft well, they just needed to add a real QB, and they did that, and all the reports is that Peyton is throwing with velocity and accuracy. And his greatest weapon is his mind. Don't worry about Peyton. BTW, I like Ronnie Hillman for them. Should fit into their system well. And we'll see with Wolfe. They also got one of the best Centers in the draft with Blake. Yeah, it wasn't a blow you away draft, but you never know until these guys get in there and show what they can do, and on the surface they shored up the interior of the defensive and offensive lines, while adding a tough inside running back. Not bad if they pan out.

Jim, I think your list is spot on but I'd take SF over NE because I believe D wins championships and the fact we own NE. Yea I get Tom Brady and those guys have Smith but D wins every time in my book.

I could easily put the Dallas Cowboys down five times, need a top ten list.

So for 6 through 10

6. Eagles: Andy Reid

7. Redskins: RG III already selected for the pro bowl. He doesn't have to play 16 games to prove it.

8. Jets: Its called the Tebow effect people.

9. Lions The New Cardinals.

10. Chargers: Philip Rivers is still our guy and the best QB out of the 2004 draft. Fuck you people.

I thought about Denver because of Peyton.....but they had a dreadful draft so I'm in a "wait'n see" mode. Could be great, could be mediocre. I wonder how healthy Peyton really is.

I hope you're right on the Giants. They've got a brutal schedule ahead of them: an angry/vengeful 49'rs at SF, Ravens at Baltimore, Steelers, Bengals, Saints, and a angry/vengeful Packers coming into town....not to mention 2x an improved eagles, 2x an improved cowboys, and 2x Skins that seem to have Giants' number.

yeah, damn we could seriously be looking at another 9-7 season just because we always get schedule-raped and the NFC in general is getting strong....

yeah, damn we could seriously be looking at another 9-7 season just because we always get schedule-raped and the NFC in general is getting strong....

I always say... 3 of our losses last season were against the Redskins and the Seahawks... I don't want weak teams on our schedule. We're a force in the NFL and I like it that way. Bring them all on. It just means more memories from this great QB we have. Go Giants.

The Skins don't have our #. We lost because Nicks dropped an wide open TD pass... and then Fewel coudln't get his head out of his ass to stop the might Rex.

I always say... 3 of our losses last season were against the Redskins and the Seahawks... I don't want weak teams on our schedule. We're a force in the NFL and I like it that way. Bring them all on. It just means more memories from this great QB we have. Go Giants.

The Skins don't have our #. We lost because Nicks dropped an wide open TD pass... and then Fewel coudln't get his head out of his ass to stop the might Rex.

You can't chalk up two ass-kickings last year to one missed catch. In week one, the skins beat us 28-14....that's a beatin by 2 TDs, not a 1 or 2 point win. In week 15, the skins beat us 23-10....again, by a couple ot TD's. The skins were not that good, it's just that the Giants seem to play at their worst when playing the patsy of the NFC East and the skins seem to play out of their gourds against the Giants. Hopefully, we return the favor and kick their asses twice this coming season.