SportsWrath

A Philadelphia Fan's Analysis of the Giants

BleedinBlue

This article really made me laugh. My favorite lines:

- "The New York Giants took advantage of an inconsistent division and eventually went on to win the Super Bowl for the second time since 2008. As Eagles fans, were tired of hearing it....To be honest, the Eagles may have been the most dangerous team in the playoffs so Giants fans should be thanking us that our team didn’t make it".

- "The Giants are hoping that they can 'sack and pass' their way to another division title. They are the only team (in the NFC East) who hasn’t made any significant upgrades"

- "I believe they are winning in spite of their coaching"

The whole article: http://phillysportsnut.com/predicting-the-nfc-east-eagles-fly-away-with-the-division/

In another article out of Arizona, Eagles Brandon Graham (DE drafted two spots ahead of the Giants pickingJPP), Graham is quoted as saying, "I am a bust" after posting 3 sacks in 2 years. http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-sports/2012/05/23/eagles-de-brandon-graham-im-a-bust/

You gotta love the optimistic opinions of Eagle fans droning on about their "obvious" superiority even though they have ZERO superbowl rings and precious little to brag about. They are the Chicago Cubs of football and have many disappointments to look forward to in the future.....especially if they think Vick is the QB/RB to bring home the bacon.

I'm halfway thru and some of this shit this guy says got me laughing... he seems to dismiss the Giants.. no respect.. which is funny and obvious coming from an Eagles' fan.. then this (this is where I paused reading):

It also shouldn’t be overlooked that the Giants finished 29th in passing yards allowed. With the ever pesky Desean Jackson, Dez Bryant and now Pierre Garcon in the division, this will surely be an issue for the Giants again.

Ummm... did it strike the dude that we had about 20 CBs (slight exaggeration on my part) go down for the season or most of it?

I'm halfway thru and some of this shit this guy says got me laughing... he seems to dismiss the Giants.. no respect.. which is funny and obvious coming from an Eagles' fan.. then this (this is where I paused reading):

I don't know which part made me laugh the most. His saying that "winning in spite of our coaches" is hillarious. Coughlin, Fewel, Pope, etc., are tops in the game and even Gilbride get kudos from non-partisan football fans. And in my opinion, half the reason the Giants have been so successful is the coaches. They've developed very solid players from the likes of Ballard, Cruz, etc., that other teams wanted nothing to do with. It reminds me of Mel Kiper's analysis of our 2006 draft in which he gave us a "C-" grade because he gave every player we drafted a "D" grade except for Sinorice Moss, which he gave an "A" grade, which raised our overall draft grade up from an "F" to a "C-".....duhhh. That draft wasn't great because we had no first rounder that year, but we picked up Kiwi and Cofield that year.

Opinions are like assholes....everyone has one. But Eagle fans and Kiper apparantly have more than one.

The article has "sour grapes" written all over it. Funny because I think the Skins will come 2nd in the division behind the Giants while the boys and eagles will be tied for 5th :D

This article really made me laugh. My favorite lines:

- "The Giants are hoping that they can 'sack and pass' their way to another division title. They are the only team (in the NFC East) who hasn’t made any significant upgrades"

Umm, did they ever think we just won the Super Bowl and really don't need any significant upgrades.

Ummm... did it strike the dude that we had about 20 CBs (slight exaggeration on my part) go down for the season or most of it?

Not really a good enough excuse with Webster and Ross starting--but then again, what was their excuse? They were trying to use the same style of defense as we were, and they had the dream backfield and a consistently healthy dline...

If I remember correctly, the Eagles won the Super Bowl last June as well.

Ha, ha......true dat. :LMAO:

Pretty much every May and June they make a bold affirmation that a Super Bowl ring for them is a foregone conclusion. Too bad they have to actually play (and win) the important games first though....or they'd have more Lombardi trophies than we can count! :jerkoff:

Not really a good enough excuse with Webster and Ross starting--but then again, what was their excuse? They were trying to use the same style of defense as we were, and they had the dream backfield and a consistently healthy dline...

It really wasn't dreamy, Samuel struggled, Asomugha is way overrated and DRC, maybe the most talented of them all, really doesn't give a damn, he is there Desean on D.

And oh GOD if the Egals ever win one...it will be as if they were the only team ever to win one. :jerkoff: I pray they have a drought as long as the one the Red Sux suffered after the loss of Babe Ruth... :praying: :praying: :praying:

It's already been 52 years.

I know....I want another 23 at least if not 48....I want my last dying breath at 96 being the Egals losing on a last minute field goal in the SuperBowl. :)

I am hoping my grandkids, never see those fucks win a super bowl

Gentlemen, You'll hear no argument from me. A life with Philly Lombardi-free is a good life.

And we're 1 behind in Lombardi's from those Cowpatties. In less appearances. Hard to not sport wood as a Giants fan anymore :). Never dreamed this as a kid.

Exactly man...its a beautiful thing... and yes the Brokebacks have not won anything since 92' or 93' right? 20 years of futility for them....and we have won it twice since then. :cheers:

Exactly man...its a beautiful thing... and yes the Brokebacks have not won anything since 92' or 93' right? 20 years of futility for them....and we have won it twice since then. :cheers:

Well, '95 was the last hurrah for them, but your point is made. One more win and we have the same amount of trophies, a higher winning percentage in the only game that matters, more recent victories, AND more total championships.

Their fans will have dick.

Well, '95 was the last hurrah for them, but your point is made. One more win and we have the same amount of trophies, a higher winning percentage in the only game that matters, more recent victories, AND more total championships.

Their fans will have dick.

LOLOLOLOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaA2eKABuEE