SportsWrath

Sportswrath Chooses...what should the Giants do?

Virginia Giant

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the next Giants head coach be?

• Jim Schwartz (DC, Eagles)
    • Josh McDaniels (OC, Patriots)
    • Mike Smith (DC, Bucs)
    • Pat Shurmur (OC, Vikings)
    • Frak Reich (OC, Eagles)
    • Steve Wilks (DC, Panthers)
    • Eric Studesville (Assistant HC/RB Coach, Broncos)
    • Steve Spagnolo (DC, Giants)
    • Jim Harbaugh (HC, Michigan)
    • Dave Toub (ST Coach, Chiefs)
    • Teryl Austin (DC, Lions)
    • Todd Haley (OC, Steelers)
    • Bill Callahan (Oline coach, Redskins)
    • John Fox (HC, Bears)
    • Bill O'Brien (HC, Texans)
    • David Shaw (HC, Stanford)
    • Brian Kelly (HC, Notre Dame)
  2. 2. Who should the Giants Draft in the 1st round?

• Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA)
    • Sam Darnold (QB, USC)
    • Baker Mayfield (QB, Oklahoma)
    • Saquon Barkley (RB, Penn State)
    • Other player at pick 2
    • Trade down and take best QB available
    • Trade down and take BPA
    • Other

It's not just Drizz that thinks the Giants job is overrated.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/01/matt_patricia_ends_insult_to_an_injury-filled_gian.html

From the same article.

If -- and that's an important disclaimer during this coaching search -- the reports are true that Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia has selected the Lions' head coaching job over the Giants' opening, that doesn't mean the rocket scientist has lost his mind.

While I made the case why the Giants are an attractive situation, Detroit always made sense for Patricia because of his longstanding relationship with Lions general manager Bob Quinn, who worked in the Patriots' personnel department from 2000-15.

A coach and a general manager are tied at the hip, so it's understandable for Patricia to be more comfortable with a boss he knows well and has the same views on building a team. For all we know, the first time Patricia and Giants general manager Dave Gettleman met was in a hotel conference room in Foxboro, Massachusetts, last week.

lol

you don't know if the Giants offered him the job.

And the reason the Giants don't get marquis coaches is because they're all gainfully employed with good teams.

It's not like top of the line coaches are readily available

That would apply to other teams as well.

That would apply to other teams as well.

obv

Come on Blu, adn what exactly are other teams getting?

If anything, it's the Giants that either hire poorly or let good coordinators walk..see John fox..bill belicheck..Sean Payton...tom coughlin etc.

The NY Giants coaching job, just like the Yankees, rangers ( I assume, I don't know anything about honkey other than the girl that like it are whores) , Knicks of yesteryears, even the Mets, are some of, if not the most coveted jobs in sports. Always have, always will be.

Doesn't mean everyone wants to go there, but more often than not, they do.

Football in unlike other sports..the gm is essentially the coach and vice versa.

What you and driz are suggesting doesn't make any sense.

Any nyc sports team job is amongst the most highly coveted job in all of sports.

It's don't debatable, it's a fact

If you win, fans and media aren't going to give a shit who you start, bench, waive, cut whatever.

Winning is everything in this town. If you can win, that's all that matters. Media and fans are a fickle lot, winning causes amnesia

I agree with Driz I think coaches want to move on with their own guy and has soon as they attempt to do that fans/media are going to call for their head for benching Eli

I think people are over reacting to how Eli being benched this year was handled.

People didnt freak out so much as that the Giants were moving on, it's going to happen and I think people would be surprised by how easily NYC would move onto a new kid, especially if they are some athletic freak with college pedigree.

People freaked out because how Eli's benched was handled by MacAttacky. Ownership asked him "Hey let Eli play but when the game becomes out of reach since you're a fucking failure that we made, can you show us Webb and Geno?"

Instead MacAboogienights thought "FUCK IT BENCH HIM AND START GENO IS WHAT THEY WANT ME TO DO"

Ownership knew they were moving on from McAdoo I will say by week four or five and no one can really honestly say otherwise. They wanted to see Eli and the other guys for whoever the new HC was, they could get film on them all, but nope Mac went for 'tard mode and didnt even practice Webb and start Geno.

obv

Come on Blu, adn what exactly are other teams getting?

If anything, it's the Giants that either hire poorly or let good coordinators walk..see John fox..bill belicheck..Sean Payton...tom coughlin etc.

The NY Giants coaching job, just like the Yankees, rangers ( I assume, I don't know anything about honkey other than the girl that like it are whores) , Knicks of yesteryears, even the Mets, are some of, if not the most coveted jobs in sports. Always have, always will be.

Doesn't mean everyone wants to go there, but more often than not, they do.

I think this is true now and generally true overall, but the younger Mara has made some head-scratchingly bad decisions in the past ten years.

- Turning the nation's most-coveted ticket into a third-empty stadium each weekend.

- Getting rid of Coughlin in lieu of MacAdoo

- Telling Mac he's safe till the end of the year, then firing him before the end of the year.

- The Eli fiasco, whatever that was... he couldn't skip the fucking owners' meeting and get his team in line? Claiming he didn't know how it was going to be handled? Come the fuck on.

- Steve Tisch having stars on the sidelines of games, etc.

In those past ten years, we've also won two Super Bowls so take all that with a grain of salt... but I can see why some might think the Giants are not as attractive a destination as it used to be.

Even before that, Giants have never been known to reach for the marquis guy. Coughlin, Fassell, Reeves, Parcells- none of them were big names. Reeves was a SB coach but a loser. Not saying they were bad choices, but most of those guys would have taken the HC job for maybe 25 teams.

Im just saying, situations like Detroit and Arizona are inherently much more appealing because you arent walking into a clusterfuck with Manning right off the bat. The owners are either going to tell you thats your guy or, you draft someone, and when it comes time to move on, which it is, and has been, fans will still bitch claiming Eli gives us the best chance to win (he doesnt) and it will be a huge media firestorm.

Im just saying, situations like Detroit and Arizona are inherently much more appealing because you arent walking into a clusterfuck with Manning right off the bat. The owners are either going to tell you thats your guy or, you draft someone, and when it comes time to move on, which it is, and has been, fans will still bitch claiming Eli gives us the best chance to win (he doesnt) and it will be a huge media firestorm.

Then that's not really a Giants thing but an ownership thing.

And if that's what Mara does we deserve multiple seasons of below .500.

However I don't see it being that case because like I said before, the media didnt freak out over the moving on from Eli, but how badly McAdoo fucked the entire thing up.