SportsWrath

Mejia to have Tommy John surgery

Allstarjim

ESPN New York

Not only is he done for this year, he probably won't be able to contribute to the Mets next year, either. Which sucks. I thought Mejia was about ready to contribute to the Mets. He was really looking dominant at AAA, and showing better control. So this sucks. We need starting pitching. Come back soon, Johan.

I don't know if it will go all the way down to $70 million, unless the Wilponzis don't get this minority sale done. I really do wish they would sell their majority stake, as everyone does. But at least it's a step in the right direction. I actually want them to get fried in court.

I think Reyes is gone. Don't know if they trade him or they just let him walk at the end of the year and take draft picks. Out of all our players, I least want Reyes to leave. If they really want to keep Reyes, trade Beltran to the Yanks, who I think might take him, and use the money saved to resign him. I think Tulowitzki is the best SS in all of baseball right now, and one can argue Hanley is a smidge better than Reyes as well. But Reyes is no worse than the 3rd best SS in baseball... you've got to keep a guy that adds so many dimensions to the team.