SportsWrath

Barkley: High ankle sprain

Herc

1%? I hope you don't live your life that way

Well first, I'm talking about a football injury to a generational NFL player, not standards for my personal decisions in every single situation. Second, I'm exaggerating for effect, just to make a point. No doctor is going to quote it in terms of single digit percentages...I'm just saying if the doctor says he's at an elevated risk of re-injuring, then don't force it.

Didnt we have one of the worst defenses in the league in 2011?

If DJ can pull a few wins out of his ass like last week, and the D can start to come together, this season may not be over just yet. In which case soon as Barkley is cleared, he needs to play.

Opinions sure change fast after a win due to a bad kicker.

How could they not? Dimes has breathed new life into this team, and fan base. Sure they should have lost that game. But the fact they were even in position to win by taking advantage of one mistake is huge. This is a team that wants to fight for a full 60.

Now this could all deflate real fast, but I for one am gonna ride this wave as far as it goes.

How could they not? Dimes has breathed new life into this team, and fan base. Sure they should have lost that game. But the fact they were even in position to win by taking advantage of one mistake is huge. This is a team that wants to fight for a full 60.

Now this could all deflate real fast, but I for one am gonna ride this wave as far as it goes.

Exactly! I dont know how you can watch that team and not see the shot of life Jones gave them.

I don't understand the "we should have lost" narrative. A team is a team, and they had a bad kicker... we have a good one. We had the better team.

This is true, we did have the better team. But I dont think there is a person here who after they dropped that bomb to Evans thought we were gonna win. I know I figured that was the final nail in our coffin.

Heck before that drive even started I was certain they were gonna make it to field goal range. The D was just that bad.

But you are right, it isnt that we should have lost, because we won.

Honestly I wasnt even that deflated when Evans caught the bomb. We all knew they had way too much time to go 40 yards and the nfl is pretty much scripted at this point where the team in the Bucs spot never fails to get into fg position. I was just thrilled to see the qb performance and have something to look forward to every week. The win was gravy and now we still have a season

Honestly I wasnt even that deflated when Evans caught the bomb. We all knew they had way too much time to go 40 yards and the nfl is pretty much scripted at this point where the team in the Bucs spot never fails to get into fg position. I was just thrilled to see the qb performance and have something to look forward to every week. The win was gravy and now we still have a season

I was a little perplexed they were inside the 20 and Shurmur was calling timeouts.

Yep, I was fine with a loss also. The QB performance was enough for me. Knowing this kid was gonna be the guy from here on out was more than enough to get excited.

Then when they won it was just gravy.

I'm not saying don't be excited we have a QB who has brought some youth to the position.

But the defense still let the bucs get within FG distance in under 5p seconds and if their kicker wasn't Gay then we are 0-3.

I hope Jones keeps making it rain dimes in NY but I'm not convinced this defense or team is more than 7 or 8 wins at best after one win over the Bucs.

We walk into NE and smack the Pats in the mouth then I'll start thinking this team is able to compete.

Shurmur just said in his presser that Saquon would be our for an extended period

Im not expecting him back until after the bye ( unfortunately )

We will just have to get it done with Gallman and Steely Dan !

Barkley is going for another opinion apparently on his ankle.

I guess the problem is and from what these articles are saying is these high ankle sprains can easily turn into something worse or season ending if they aren't handled right. Even something that will nag them through the entire career.

AJ Green is having the same thing right now and he got injured in pre season.

When they do it against a real defense consider me impressed.

I'm not expecting anything with this team.

I thought the defense would at least improve.

Tampa was a top 10 defense before that game started. I believe 9th if I remember correctly.

Tampa was a top 10 defense before that game started. I believe 9th if I remember correctly.

14th in total yards.

22nd in pass defence.

22nd in points per game.

9th in rush defence.

They can stop the run, but can't stop opponents from passing or scoring.

Pretty much what we seen when we played them.

A top 10 defence they are not, not even top 15.

14th in total yards.

22nd in pass defence.

22nd in points per game.

9th in rush defence.

They can stop the run, but can't stop opponents from passing or scoring.

Pretty much what we seen when we played them.

A top 10 defence they are not, not even top 15.

I stand corrected. Where did they rank in getting QB pressure?

Also.

Don't get me wrong.

Jones had a historic day, kid set a record for best start by ANY QB.

He lead a team out there in the final two minutes and won the game.

It was a great win and I havent been that excited for a game in a couple seasons.

But after one win (due to a missed kick) suddenly the Giants are contenders? I dunno.

This team has been to bad for too long, HOWEVER with what we've seen from Jones, if this defence can turn it around? Hot damn, this team can be scary.

There's actually some hope for the coming seasons, they have a plan and it's an exciting time after Jones first start.